Author Topic: Video Games That Suck?  (Read 6955 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Video Games That Suck?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 10:16 PM »
According to a guy at www.lcvg.com (a video game forum), some Target stores have already received their DS Lites and are selling them early.  You might give your local store a call, and see if they've got 'em. . .

And here's what the U.S. packaging looks like. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #31 on: June 2, 2006, 04:19 PM »
And most of the Targets have apparently since figured it out that they're supposed to hold them. But, the DPCI trick works like a charm. I picked one up on the way to work this morning by going to Guest Services, giving them the number, and having one brought up from backstock. The electronics guys all seemed to know that the street was the 11th, so don't bother with them. DPCI is 207 01 0007.

I'm very happy with the new system. I wouldn't be caught dead in public using the old one, so I had to play DS games in seclusion at home. This one is much sexier looking, and like that video shows, is just leaps and bounds better in screen quality from contrast to brightness to color.  :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2006, 04:32 PM »
I never gave a crap about the DS, but that all changed when they announced the Lite a few months ago.  So that, combined with all of the games that are out, and all of the games that will be coming out (like Zelda), has really peaked my interest.

And I was all set to get one until I saw what Europe was getting:

It's dead sexy--or at least as dead sexy as a handheld gaming system can be, anyway. 

So, I'll be waiting until the black ones hit the states.  Don't absolutely "need" a DS until Zelda comes out, anyway, so hopefully they'll have the new colors out by then.

I like de black one.

According to this site Nintendo may be getting ready to introduce a couple of new flavors of the DS here in the states on September 10.

And the flavors are. . .

Black and Pink.

I think I'll take all the money I would have spent on those crap-ass new Star Wars DVDs that week and put it toward a new black DS instead. . . 
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jediraven82

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2006, 04:12 PM »
MisterKenobi saying something stupid?!?!?  What's it been, 3 seconds since he last post of lunacy? 

His comments don't surprise me.  This was the same person who said that Knights of the Old Republic sucked.  But that's mainly because the dumbass couldn't beat it.

Anyway, I've got all 3 consoles and I think Xbox is the best(after the PC ofcourse).  I haven't touched my PS2 in years.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 01:36 PM »
I think I would have rather had a black DS lite than my white one, but I'm not going to trade it in. 

Went to PAX this weekend and the DS army was just incredible.  Just about everyone had them.  You could start up your DS and find dozens of networked games to play no matter where you were standing.

Pretty cool stuff.

Oh, yeah...this thread is supposed to be about Games that suck.  I'm nominating Me & My Katamari for the PSP.  I bought that thing thinking Katamari portability would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the controls suck so badly it's almost unplayable.  It makes Mario 64 onto the DS look like a great port by comparision (and that one is frustrating as hell too).
Got Clones?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Oh, yeah...this thread is supposed to be about Games that suck.

How did this thread get to be so off-topic, anyway?   ;D

(If someone could split off all the DS talk into the Ye Olde Nintendo thread, that would be nifty.)