Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336888 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #600 on: August 1, 2011, 01:31 PM »
Sorry Jeff, Jesse, Scott, etc. I promise this is it.

Ok that's fine. I am a big ass. Thank you.

Back to recent CW finds

Agreed - and if my post came across that I think you, Nick, are a "big ass", I apologize, that was not my intent.

I was taking that out of the "ASSume" comment. And what you are saying is fair. I know I got jaded when I saw the same guys asking me to pull stuff at Target then at a toy show selling stuff the next month or the guys who would have their kid come in who you knew was a dealer and say oh my kid wants it.

And the communication at Target is horrible. The LODs/Team leads share nothing with the 16 year old team members. So there is no consistency.

Anyway I can't say that the way Target handles this isn't unfair and a pain in the butt, but I can put myself in some of their shoes enough to at least throw my two cents in.

Oh and I love the "if you tell me you can't sell it until the 31st I'll come back that day and say I'm here to buy it since it's the 31st idea." That's good stuff.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2011, 01:35 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 1, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Another huge swath of fruitless lunch runs. This time I found 2 more Targets in the process of resetting but they both had the EXACT same cruddy selection - Wave 3 Rapid Strike (All repacks, the 4way box of suck) and the BP Wave 1 or the wave WITH Zillo Beast and WITHOUT Droid Capture.  ::)

This mini Y-Wing and Droid Capture BP continue to elude me. I'd actually like to keep the Y-Wing if I can find it at the sweet price, and open the one I got from HTS.

I shouldn't even want that stupid repack BP but the completist in me screams for it.

I did see a few more Attack Shuttles and have no qualms about waiting on this one. I have a strong feeling these are not exactly going to fly off the shelves, no pun intended.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2011, 02:28 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 1, 2011, 02:40 PM »
I shouldn't even want that stupid repack BP but the completist in me screams for it.

I feel the same way. I grabbed a Zillo Beast one on Sunday morning and for the life of me, I can't see ANYTHING different about any of those three figures. Are there?

It seems odd considering that there is something "new"/different about at least one figure in the Cad Bane's Escape, Defense of Kamino, Hunt for Grievous and Assualt on Geonosis sets.

The Droid one, I'm okay with from the standpoint that poor C-3PO hasn't been available in the SotDS style packaging yet, so I'm cool with getting the set for the new C-3PO game card and a second C-3PO opener.

It would be nice though if they tried to do something different/"new" with at least two figures in every 3-figure battlepack, even if it's just two repaints.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 3, 2011, 11:01 AM »
Picked up three of the Geonosian w/Speeder Bike exclusive at Toys R Us this morning.

Also grabbed six of the Commander Blackout exclusive - four to open, two to keep MOC.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 3, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Picked up three of the Geonosian w/Speeder Bike exclusive at Toys R Us this morning.

Also grabbed six of the Commander Blackout exclusive - four to open, two to keep MOC.

I am sick with envy, my Toys R Us SUCKS ASS and completely failed to stock any new toys this week whatsoever. I got there right when they opened too.

Pete, do you have the Item #/SKU/UPC for the Geonosian Speeder? I cannot find this on their website anywhere and suspect I will have to make an out of town trip to ever find this. TIA!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 3, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Hey McMetal - just grabbed my receipt from my car, here is the UPC for the Geonosian w/Speeder Dlx - 653569604747

I can stop back by TRU on my way home and grab the TRU SKU for the item.

They rang up for $17.99 each.

And don't feel bad, my TRU has been pretty barren. I still don't have all of the Riot Control Clone Troopers I need/want - that entire wave didn't hit in my area in very good numbers - at ANY store, let alone TRU.
Peter

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 3, 2011, 05:34 PM »
I never saw a trace of that wave.

Is anyone else seeing Targets with Flame Thrower Clones, Pre Vizlas and Embos? Where did these guys come from?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 3, 2011, 06:26 PM »
I never saw a trace of that wave.

Is anyone else seeing Targets with Flame Thrower Clones, Pre Vizlas and Embos? Where did these guys come from?

I only found the Riot Clone wave at Kohls, but I have seen the remnants at Target.

The Flame Clones, Vizslas, and Embos are shipping in a revision case. It seems that many Targets are getting the case, and I remember seeing a similar assortment earlier this year and last fall. Unfortunately no recent figures are shipping in that case.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 3, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Looks like "Wave 6 Revision" according to Entertainment Earth. 2 flamethrower clones seems right.

How long have they been sitting on these?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 3, 2011, 07:21 PM »
The Flame Clones, Vizslas, and Embos are shipping in a revision case. It seems that many Targets are getting the case, and I remember seeing a similar assortment earlier this year and last fall. Unfortunately no recent figures are shipping in that case.

Yeah - I had a kind employee bring me out a new case of Clone Wars figures, we had to cut the tape, so I knew it hadn't been opened and this wave with the Pre Vizla, Embo, Flamethrower Clone was what was inside. It was all I could do not to proclaim "WTF!?!?" very loudly in the store.

I keep hoping that the Riot Clone wave will hit again in bigger numbers, but so far no such luck, and now with news that the next wave has started to hit the online retailers, I'm not sure it ever will...
« Last Edit: August 3, 2011, 07:35 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #610 on: August 3, 2011, 09:47 PM »
I just saw all the last CW figures this past weekend...  The Barriss, Riot Clone, and the ARC Trooper were what I saw... I think that was the last group.  Anyway, saw them quite a bit.

WM had the ARC Clone too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 3, 2011, 09:53 PM »
I wish I had that kind of luck. Here I have rarely been able to find a final wave figure on a peg. I have switched to buying the last wave online. Tons of Visla, Flamethrower clones, and Obi-wons though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 4, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Picked up a minty boxed RC Republic Tank at Target tonight to replace the cruddy box Hasbro Toy Shop shipped me. Buying upgrades for stuff you already have is not real exciting.

All the Targets have reset here now - a couple have the mid-aisle signage, but not one has put out any endcap display...odd. They definitely all seem to have gotten the same assortments of BP's and Rapid Strike vehicles though, not a mini Y-Wing or Capture the Droids BP to be had anywhere here.

I see the Capture the Droids BP is not even to be found on eBay though, so it may not be hitting in force yet.

Interesting note: I stopped by a Walmart out of sheer boredom earlier today and saw a couple of the new Rapid Strike vehicles on their pegs - Castas and Grievous sets. This is the first I have heard of Walmart getting anything new in like, forever.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 4, 2011, 10:31 PM »
The complement McMetal's report - I was able to pick up a second RC Republic Tank - the first one I got is in good shape, so I'm gonna leave that on MIB and I'm gonna open the one I grabbed today.

Doesn't look as fun as the Hailfire Droid, but I'm excited to play with it.  ;D
Peter

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 5, 2011, 09:38 AM »
The tru website now has the geonosian w/bike and rebel sled in stock and for sale.