Author Topic: Wave 4 Battle of Yarvin  (Read 1945 times)

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Wave 4 Battle of Yarvin
« on: September 28, 2003, 10:39 AM »
Well having  Wave 3 just announce and a preview coming in October makes
us wonder what is instore for the Battle of Yarvin(Wave 4). So far:
1.Captain Antilles
2.General Dodonna

With so many suprises the possibilities are endless!!!!

3.Red Leader (Garven Dreisis)
4.Commander Bob Willard
5.Rebel  Guard
6.Han Solo(Celebration Baquet)
7.Wedge Antilles
8.Gold Leader(Dutch)
9.Luke Skywalker(Celebration Baquet)????
10.Any Rebel Pilot
11.Grand Moff Tarkin
12.Admiral Tagge
13.R2-D2 with a readout board of trench run
14.Biggs Darlklighter(pilot)
15. Green R2 unit
16. Green Rebel Guard

Can anybody else thing of any more!!!!!!!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 4 Battle of Yarvin
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 02:18 PM »
Well, Captain Antilles and General Dodonna have been confirmed for some time.  I think Dodonna may very well wind up as an Ultra figure, with a tactical display accessory.

As for the rest of the wave, we could see Red Leader hopefully.  I think a new TIE Pilot isn't inconceivable, either.  Perhaps this is also a chance to get General Tagge, at long last.  I also think a Motti reissue is a possibility, as is a new sculpt of Tarkin.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 02:19 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 08:13 PM »
Hopefully Dodonna's going to be in the Ultra assortment with another tactical display ala Reeikan.  I'd also love to see Red and/or Gold Leader, Dodonna in his second outfit (whichever isn't included in his already announced release - trenchcoat vs. jacket), a Rebel astromech, Biggs w/ removable helmet, and most of all, one of those small Rebel Transport vehicles that they use to zip around the hangar in!  I think one of those would be small enough to sneak into the Ultra line as the unannounced 6th set (though doubtful).

Hopefully Hasbro will keep the news flowing now, and fill us in on the rest of this wave real soon!  8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 09:16 PM »
Hmmm, there's a lotta unique figures I could go for f rom Yavin.

Lots of the generic mid-level officers would be good army building figures.  The Rebel Honor Guard is a good idea too with their pikes and dress uniforms.

A generic Rebel Pilot that saw headswaps would be good too...  unique heads for red and gold leader, and then a generic young pilot.  Each with a unique helmet (The generic guy with the standard blue emblems/black visor deco).

Personally, I could go for a new rebel fleet trooper as the "Ultra" figure in the set.  Give him a collapsable look-out tower, scanning pistol, articulation out the whazoo, removeable helmet, and blaster with a working holster like the last one shoulda had and that'd be a dandy figure by me.  ;D

With Dodonna and Antilles (Odd that Antilles is included in a wave for Yavin when he wasn't near Yavin in the movie) confirmed I'm not one for more of the officers in that uniform like Willard and crew...

A technician with removeable helmet would be a great asset though too!  They could even reuse the Imperial Officer's body with new legs and new arms.  Include a helmet and a headset you can remove and he'd be even better for army building.

Astromechs are ok, but I'd sooner see character figures over simple astromech repaints...  Though there are a good many of them floating around there it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2003, 04:00 PM »
I think the Yavin Technician is a possibility since it was rumored he'd be in the Accesory Packs which appartently are cancelled now?  I thilnk there was even a picture a long, long time ago.  

I don't think this will happen but it's possible there could be a Luke with the Poncho.  He wears that briefly when the Falcon lands at the Rebel base.  

More likely another Rebel Pilot, Gunner, TIE Pilot, Tagge, Tarkin, Astromech Droid, or even Leia with a tactical display.  Maybe even Wedge or Biggs.