Author Topic: Zutton - Mos Eisley Cantina Scene 2  (Read 5448 times)

SilverZ

Zutton - Mos Eisley Cantina Scene 2
« on: September 23, 2004, 06:21 PM »
Recieved the Kmart exclusive Cantina Scene 2 set on Tuesday. Here's pics of the new kit-bashed "Blue Snaggletooth" Zutton. He's using Ponda Baba arms and legs. The final toy varies from the image on the back of the packaging, in that he now has flesh-toned hands instead of black gloves, and lacks the silver shoulder strap paint apps where the arms meet the torso. Not much to write about, so here's the pics:

Zutton in profile.

Zutton at the bar and with Thriller Superfan Zutton.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 06:23 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Zutton - Mos Eisley Cantina Scene 2
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 12:20 AM »
Hmmm.  Interesting.

An odd kitbash, but it shows some creativity.  It's incredible how better customizers the public are though.  :)

I have had plans for a blue snag modern style on the backburner for a while...  Mine involved a lotta casting and recasting bits and pieces to cobble together an articulated, but true to the vintage figure, which combined Zutton's outfit, Takeel's head, and a cast of some poseable legs with casted vintage blue snag boots because they're so funky and retro that nothing in the line compares to them.

It's a neat gesture from Hasbro...  They get the A for the general effort and idea they'd even do this.  Can't say the execution is dazzling, but, whatcha gonna do?

I think Takeel's head, or a cast of a vintage one's head (red or blue, they're the same), would've looked cooler, but that's me.

How'd you get it early Jared?  These aren't out yet are they?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 12:30 AM »
Using Takeel's head is a really good idea.  :)

Yeah, I guess this is servicable for what it is. I mean, he's cool to have and it's really a clever idea. But considering the scene comes with the previous Ponda and the previous 2-pack Kenobi, you're basically paying 25 bucks for this guy.  :-\

If they had used the Dagobah Spirit Obi as a repaint (which this would have been the ideal place) it would be a winner, Ponda or not. But minimum effort seems to be the theme this year.

I got paranoid about finding this for some reason and ordered it from Action-HQ. Expect Colman to jump in and whine about cheating any moment...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 01:36 AM »
Bah!  Forget him...  :)

Seriously though, it's kinda cool so I think he's neat looking.

To me, this 2nd wave's suffering mostly because I can name a couple kitbashes that would've blown away the Ponda Baba.  A 2nd Duros would have been simple as pie, and unfortunately they just didn't go for it.  :(  Seriously though, other options were available...  A Cantina Patron that is human even.  A Garouf Lafoe kitbash would've rocked, if they could've done it at minimal effort.

Oh well...  The Blue Snag's the reason to get the set, kinda like Ktik is the reason to get #1.  However I think the Wuher's hand is an improvement, and Evazan's legs (while awkward and skinny) are an improvement as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 12:57 PM »
Does the arm come off like Ponda's? 

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 07:37 PM »
Yep. Exactly the same, it is.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 03:49 PM »
Hmmm.

Thanks for the pics...I had envisioned something, uh, different, but it's not all that bad, really.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 10:56 PM »
It looks cool, but not $25 cool.