Community > JD Sports Forum!

NHL Offseason 2012

<< < (4/17) > >>

Jeff:
What an overnight...  if I was Pekka Rinne or any Nashville fan, I'd be seriously worried right now.  First we stole your Suter, now Philly is trying to steal your Weber.  Makes me hope Jamie isn't out there somewhere, curled up in the fetal position clutching his Smashville "we're #1" foam finger and crying.   :-\

If Nashville won't (or can't) match the offer sheet (they would be on the hook for $27 mil before they could trade Weber a year from now  :o), things in the Atlantic just got crazy.  You almost have to imagine that someone (JJ's Penguins?) will take a chance on Semin now.  And the NYR will probably over-react and go out and trade for Nash or Ryan.  No idea what NJ can really afford to do, but with Parise gone they may try something too.

Should be an interesting weekend of rumors as everyone tries to guess what'll happen next... 

Jesse James:
I think the Pens would be more interested in Nash than Semin, but they're also interested in Shane Doan (lots of rumors on him) because he has a lot of what they lacked last year.  Semin's poison in the locker room I hear, he's openly bashed Penguin players in the media (not that we care...  what's he accomplished again?).

I brought it up locally on the one sports show...  Bad reactions were what I got.  I think it's maybe where he's at that made him that way, but then again do you take a chance on that?  I see Semin as a Ranger...  Sounds about right.

Pens have so much depth in their camp I don't think they're paniced...  They're already talking maybe Despres with Letange and just waiting things out to trade deadline.  Crosby didn't even play half a season last year, and still was a dominant player when he came back, so I'm thinking they may just wait it out than sacrifice the future for a guy you can't pin anything on.  That's why I think Doan's a lot more likely to wind up here since you're not likely to give up a ton for him, but you're also not taking a risk by getting him either because you know what kind of guy he is.  Semin has to go somewhere else to prove he can be a better guy, and Nash you're gonna give to get.

jjks:
I hate hockey right now.

TheSon:

--- Quote from: jjks on July 20, 2012, 12:24 PM ---I hate hockey right now.

--- End quote ---

At least you have another reason to hate the Flyers. I remember being upset when they did this with Chris Gratton in the 90's, but that does not hold a candle to what you are going through....Damn Flyers.

Morgbug:
Wow Jeff, your tickets are pretty similar to mine.  We're 15th row, but dead center behind the net.  $8500 for the pair for a season  :o

No Jets game for you though, sorry.   :-*  Unless you come up here for the early January game (or I guess you get the preseason game, assuming it happens). 

The Preds have been pretty much, um, er, assaulted, this off season.  That's just really scary.  I understand losing your UFAs but the Weber thing is downright nasty.  I'm somewhat worried someone will do the same with Evander Kane up here, though he is an RFA at least.  Discussions sound hopeful (6 years 29 million) for him with most of the talk centering around length of term.  Then we'll have to lock up Wheeler, Bogosian and Little next year.  Enstrom will be an RFA as well so they'll either tie him up early or likely end up as trade bait and the deadline. 

Was really surprised to see some info on Byfuglien today too.  He only got two days of community service for reckless boating.  Through the whole thing I wasn't aware that he had only blown 0.03 on the preliminary breathalyzer.  Most of our media had him slated for "drunk boating".  Gotta love the accuracy of the media.  Not that drunken boating didn't endear him to the fans here. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version