Author Topic: 2007 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 31472 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2007, 09:16 AM »
TVShowsonDVD.com has a look at the package art for Vol. 1 of the Young Indy DVDs.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Between Best Buy and Target, I got the extended Cut Black Hawk Down DVD and 28 Days Later Special Edition DVD for $16.49 plus tax.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Anybody remember House? 

HECK YEAH! I remember my Mom taking me to see 1 and 2 in the theaters. The cast in 1 is just priceless. I picked those movies up back when Anchor Bay put them out together in one case as a LE deal. It's out of print now but I love it...

As for me, I just picked up Dexter: Season One @ Target w/the bonus disc and I have to hit Best Buy up on the way home for The Dark Crystal: 25th Anniversary...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:58 PM by Madcow »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Hollywoodland - $9.99 at Best Buy and you get free Movie Cash to see Balls of Fury.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2007, 04:41 PM »
I had lots of VHS  back in the day, and I held out for DVDs to be very cheap.  At first I bought a few DVDs and started a "collection", then I just blew it off.  After seeing my old VHs becoming scond rate, I said I woudn't go through that again.  At this point, I buy maybe 2-3 DVD a year, and rent all of the others I want to see.  I have a feeling that Blue Ray and HdDVD will soon be made obsolete when we're all able to downlaod a movie from the internet.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I think I was around 200 VHS movies before I finally jumped ship and sold them all.  Believe it or not - TPM was my very first DVD and I didn't even pick that up until a year after it was released when I got my PS2.....Now I'm well on my way to 1,000 DVDs.  I know that I should slow down/stop, but it's my other passion of collecting besides Star Wars.

I'm just waiting for this whole Blue Ray/HD DVD thing to thin out to see what happens.  I can see DVDs on there way out, but it doesn't seem likely that it would be very soon at least IMO.  It was painful to rebuy those 200 movies on another format and I really don't feel like doing it again...so soon especially with the amount of titles I have now.  I mean CD's have been the retail standard for audio for the past 20 years so I kinda thought that the DVD would have a longer life span.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:15 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Circuit City had the HD version of 300 playing on one of their widescreen TV's, this evening... I stopped long enough to confirm for myself that the detail of the HD pretty much puts the DVD to shame. I still don't see myself upgrading any of my DVD's for a very long time, though... I can't imagine a lot of my movies actually improving in terms of transfer, besides films that I really obsess over (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc).

Really, do I need Ernest Goes To Jail in HD format?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I picked up the 20th Anniversary Edition of RoboCop, Season Ten of South Park, and the Collector's Edition of Serenity yesterday. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Ooooh I forgot that the Collector's Edition of Serenity was released. Thanks!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2007, 07:52 PM »

No problem. 
I had yet to see Serenity when I picked it up.  I recently finished watching all of the episodes of Firefly (first time I ever saw those), so the DVD release couldn't have come at a better time.  What a great film and series.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2007, 02:31 AM »
Circuit City had the HD version of 300 playing on one of their widescreen TV's, this evening... I stopped long enough to confirm for myself that the detail of the HD pretty much puts the DVD to shame. I still don't see myself upgrading any of my DVD's for a very long time, though... I can't imagine a lot of my movies actually improving in terms of transfer, besides films that I really obsess over (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc).

Really, do I need Ernest Goes To Jail in HD format?

That's sort of where I am at the moment.  I've slowed my DVD buying down to a snail's pace.  I'm only buying movies (pretty much) that are cheap, and I know I won't be wanting to upgrade in the future.  I'm holding out on the new Blade Runner set because I know I'll want that in High Def....

I can't wait until they have a damn answer on this Blu-Ray / HDDVD thing.  I've got the TV, I just don't know which one to buy.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2007, 04:07 PM »

No problem. 
I had yet to see Serenity when I picked it up.  I recently finished watching all of the episodes of Firefly (first time I ever saw those), so the DVD release couldn't have come at a better time.  What a great film and series.

I love the series alot. It got canned way before it's time.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2007, 06:10 PM »
Picked up Serenity today, and since Best Buy was running a sale on the Buffy and Angel season sets for $15.99 each, I bought seasons 2 and 3 of Angel. I'll probably regret not getting 4 and 5 for this price.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2007, 03:22 PM »
I dont mind upgrading as long as the players are backwards compatible. I am not dumping 800 DVDs and rebuying them all.

From Wikipedia...

Compatibility
Backward compatibility will be available with all HD DVD players, allowing users to have a single player in their homes to play all types of HD DVD, DVD and CD discs. There is also a hybrid HD DVD format which contains both DVD and HD DVD versions of the same movie on a single disc, providing smoother transition for the studios in terms of publishing movies, and letting consumers with only DVD drives still use the discs. DVD disc replication companies can continue using their current production equipment with only minor alterations when changing over to the format of HD DVD replication. Due to the structure of the single-lens optical head, both red and blue laser diodes can be used in smaller, more compact HD DVD players.

So there you have it.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2007, 12:10 AM »
I heard LFODH comes out Oct. 29 any truth there? 'Cause it's on a Monday. Is Fox scared of Spidey 3 DVD?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m