Author Topic: 2007 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 31469 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Hot Fuzz comes out today as well.  ;D  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Worthy of a blind purchase?

Read this review and answer that question on your own:

I just saw a movie that’ll give your eyes boners, make your balls scream and make you poop DVD copies of THE TRANSPORTER. It’s called 300. I don’t know what the title has to do with the movie, but they could’ve called it KITTENS MAKING CANDLES and it’d still rule.

It’s about these 300 Greek dudes who stomp the sugar-coated **** out of like a million other dudes. I have a feeling that a lot of high school sports coaches are going to show this film to their teams before they play. Also, gay dudes and divorced women are going to use screen captures for computer wallpaper.

The movie takes place about a million years ago, and it’s sort of like a prequel to SIN CITY. Except way less guns and cars but twice as much skull splitting. If you watch this movie and go into a Taco Bell, and say to the cashier, “I need some extra sauce packets” guess what? You’re getting twenty sauce packets because your face will punch him in the brain.

I can’t spoil the plot because THANK GOD THERE ISN’T ONE. Just ass kicking that kicks ass that, while said ass is getting kicked, is kicking yet more ass that’s hitting someone’s balls with a hammer made of ice but the ice is frozen whiskey.

TWO COOL THINGS ABOUT THE MOVIE AND ONE THING I DIDN’T LIKE:

COOL THING ONE:
    HEAVY METAL DURING BATTLE SCENES

Who gives a **** if the music isn’t historically correct? LORD OF THE RINGS could’ve used some Journey. This movie has that chu-CHUNG kind of metal that you hear in your head when your shift supervisor at Wetzel’s Pretzel is telling you that you’ll have to stay for clean up and you wish you had a sock filled with quarters in your hand.

COOL THING TWO:
    FOES, MINI-BOSSES AND A BIG BOSS

Basically, the Greek dudes are fighting these Persian dudes, but the director, who must have a dick made of three machine guns, does it all like a video game. The Greeks fight every death metal video from the last ten years. There’s wave after wave of giants, freaks, ninjas, mutants, wizards, and a hunchback who looks like he’s got Rosie O’Donnell on his back.

Would I have been happy if Dom DeLuise from HISTORY OF THE WORLD, PART I had shown up? Maybe, but this movie more than makes up for that glaring oversight.

NOT SO GOOD THING:
    DUDE NUDITY (“DUDE-ITY”)

These are Greek times, when there were a lot of naked women around. And there are some naked women in this film, but almost every naked woman scene has a muscular dude giving the screen an ass picnic. Dude-ity is something directors put in their movies so people will think they’re serious, I guess, and not just throwing in naked hotties.

Any directors reading this – IT’S OKAY TO JUST THROW IN NAKED HOTTIES.

Can’t someone make a movie about naked Amazons and call it PAUSE BUTTON?

My final analysis is 300 the most ass-ruling movie I’ve seen this year, and will probably be the King of 2007 unless someone makes a movie where a pair of sentient boobs fights a werewolf.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2007, 01:04 PM »
I picked up 300 today.  It's the DVD purchase that I've been looking forward to the most for quite some time now ... and I haven't even seen the film.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2007, 01:06 PM »
I picked up 300 today.  It's the DVD purchase that I've been looking forward to the most for quite some time now ... and I haven't even seen the film.

Same here...I just hope it kicks my ass all over the place like it's supposed to.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2007, 07:04 PM »

Yep, I'll be picking this set up.

That I did & man did they fly, a pretty big line up at Best Buy. The helmet is pretty cool.  8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 1, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Picked up the two disk 300 set and wanted to pick up Babylon 5: the lost tales, but couldn't find it at Target or WM.

Sat in on panels for both at Comic-con. 
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 1, 2007, 02:06 PM »

Picked this up at Best Buy for $9.99...

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #97 on: August 1, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Waiting for my 300 to arrive...

Just as excited about Hot Fuzz;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 1, 2007, 08:45 PM »
A bit more on the Blade Runner (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition) (2007) from Amazon.

Also found this article: Blade Runner Final Cut Details

Looks like this set comes with a mini Police Spinner.  :o  8)

I have to get this set.  8)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 2, 2007, 09:40 AM »
One of my all time favorite reviews, thanks for posting Rob.

This movie has that chu-CHUNG kind of metal that you hear in your head when your shift supervisor at Wetzel’s Pretzel is telling you that you’ll have to stay for clean up and you wish you had a sock filled with quarters in your hand. 
« Last Edit: August 2, 2007, 09:40 AM by ruiner »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 2, 2007, 12:14 PM »

I have to get this set.  8)

I'm so totally getting this set!!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #101 on: August 3, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Is this special set a SD set ? Or will it be HD-DVD ?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 3, 2007, 11:58 AM »
Only $55?? I have to get it!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 3, 2007, 12:07 PM »
According to variety, Spider-man 3 will be released on DVD (and blu ray) on October 30th.  There will also be trilogy box sets in both flavors as well.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 3, 2007, 07:44 PM »
I went over to Best Buy on Thursday to see if they had that exclusive 300 set with the helmet; wiped out.  I've never seen that store sell out of any of their special sets like that before.

I'd have gone over on Tuesday after work but forgot about that set being available.  Checked Best Buy's web site and no stores within about 100 miles of me have it and it's sold out on-line also.  That's pretty insane.

I'll probably end up snagging the regular 2-disk set but I'll wait till tomorrow.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"