Author Topic: 2007 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 31582 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2007 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 3, 2007, 11:15 PM »
Picked up 300 tonight finally, no sign of the helmet version though. Have to admit i was surprised they usually never sell out of the exclusives.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 4, 2007, 12:47 AM »
Picked up the Walmart 2 Disc set of Hot Fuzz. Was worth going into that hell hole.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #107 on: August 7, 2007, 04:52 PM »
I haven't been this excited about a DVD-release Tuesday in...well...probably forever.  Not only am I finally getting a copy of Flash Gordon on DVD, but The Tick Season 2 comes out.

Life is good.  :)

John

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #108 on: August 7, 2007, 05:20 PM »
I don't know if anyone here is a Babylon 5 fan, but B5 the Lost Tales just came out on DVD.  These are all new stories, generally focused around a particular character, and direct to dvd.  The first one ivolves Sheridan and Lochley and are very well done!  Hopefully more are in the works.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 8, 2007, 08:12 PM »

Hell yeah.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 8, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Speaking of the Flash Gordon DVD, has anyone been able to find it in either Target or Wal-Mart?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 9, 2007, 09:13 AM »
We picked up Simpsons Season 10 yesterday at Target, and for those interested it is listed at $29.99 this week and you get a $5 gift card - essentially getting it for $25.  Not bad for a season set, if you're looking to pick it up.  Also, I see Amazon has all of the Simpsons sets on sale currently.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 9, 2007, 11:50 AM »
Speaking of the Flash Gordon DVD, has anyone been able to find it in either Target or Wal-Mart?

I got mine at Wal-Mart.  They had probably a dozen or more.  It wasn't in their "new release" section, but just tucked in with the rest of the "Fs."

I've got the original Flash Gordon release on DVD, which, after growing up with the muddy VHS, I thought was pretty okay.  The restoration they've done for this new release is really impressive. 

What an acid trip of a movie.

Princess Aura is hot.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2007, 08:34 AM »
I got mine at Wal-Mart.  They had probably a dozen or more.  It wasn't in their "new release" section, but just tucked in with the rest of the "Fs."

Thanks.  I had checked at a local Wal-Mart before I posted, and they didn't have it.  I was at the same Wal-Mart this morning, and there it was ... so, I picked it up.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Yesterday I picked up 300 (with free copy of Alexander), Disturbia, and Hot Fuzz.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Yesterday I picked up 300 (with free copy of Alexander)

Five finger discount??

Here's my score from yesterday.  Might not be the best titles out there, but they were just too hard to pass up at $5 a pop from Movie Gallery - they're related to Hollywood Video....I'll usually wait a few weeks to buy the newer releases which are buy 2 get 2 free ($30) but they've got these great $5 sales every so often..

Alexander
Behind Enemy Lines II
Benchwarmers
Black Dahlia
Lady in the Water
My Super ExGirlfriend
RV
Snakes on a Plane
Walk the Line

Just more movies to add to my collection that will probably all go unwatched  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Yesterday I picked up 300 (with free copy of Alexander)

Five finger discount??

Nope.

Wal-Mart had this set for the same price ($19.96) as the single disc set of 300 so I figured 'what the hell?' and snagged it. I wish Alexander was in widescreen, but it was free so I can't complain.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2007, 09:27 AM »
I gotta pick up Flash Gordon as well. Didn't know that came out last week.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2007, 10:50 AM »
    NOT SO GOOD THING:
    DUDE NUDITY (“DUDE-ITY”)

These are Greek times, when there were a lot of naked women around. And there are some naked women in this film, but almost every naked woman scene has a muscular dude giving the screen an ass picnic. Dude-ity is something directors put in their movies so people will think they’re serious, I guess, and not just throwing in naked hotties.

We finally saw 300 -- definately thought it was a fun ride.  I only have one question.  Where was all this Dude-ity that was spoken of?   ???
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2007, 11:16 AM »
I just saw 300 as well, and thought it was OK.  Honestly I went into it thinking it would be nothing but Leonidas yelling like an enraged spastic, at least based on the various commercials and previews I saw.  :)  I was actually somewhat disappointed in the battle scenes.  They were OK, but the fast-mo/slow-mo action got boring and tiresome, as did the laughable blood splattering.

Oh, and I don't remember much dudity either.  I think we saw the ass of Leonidas right before he nailed Queen Gorgo, but that was it, wasn't it?  There were more six-packs than the average convenience store, but I don't consider that dudity.

John