Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66067 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Not one of my favorites, but still funny as hell.  It actually hurt to watch just because you could see how uncomfortable everyone was and it just snowballed from there. 

I felt the same way.  It was almost as if I was stuck at the dinner party with them watching a slow train wreck.  I actually felt pity for Michael. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Same here.  I really enjoyed last night's episode as well, and it had to be one of the most "uncomfortable" ones yet.  I also felt pity for Michael, man that Jan is crazy.  I got a kick out of when Jim was going to leave Pam there by herself, as my wife said when that happened "he's going to pay for that one".  So glad new episodes are back.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2008, 12:41 PM »
New episode tonight!

Chair Model
9/8c TV-PG

Michael's fascination with a woman modeling a chair in an office supply catalog makes him feel things he hasn't felt in a while. With Michael distracted, Kevin and Andy team up to win back Dunder Mifflin's stolen parking spaces, forcing them into a showdown with the bosses of the five businesses of the office park.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2008, 01:21 PM »
I love me some Office.  We have a school district banquet we are going to tonight, so I've got to DVR and watch when we get home.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Apparently tonight's episode sets in motion a big Jim/Pam storyline which pays off over the next two episodes.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2008, 03:08 PM »
I'm a late-comer to this show, but between TBS and online episodes, I'm pretty much caught up.  I've become an immediate fan, though I have to say, I'm mostly drawn in by the Jim and Pam show -- even though a lot of things have been spoiled for me..........

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2008, 09:35 PM »
Wish I could have watched.  I set the DVR and because we have severe weather in the area, that is all they have covered for the last ******* hour.  I'm just slightly pissed.  I got a grand total of 5 minutes of 2 shows that DVR'd over an hour and a half. Thank god they put the shows online so I can watch them later.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Apparently tonight's episode sets in motion a big Jim/Pam storyline which pays off over the next two episodes.

Indeed it did!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2008, 11:48 AM »
New episode tonight!

NIGHT OUT
9/8c TV-PG

Michael and Dwight decide to surprise Ryan in New York for a night of clubbing and meet his friends. Meanwhile, the Scranton branch is upset when they find out they have to come in on a Saturday for Ryan's website project. Jim's plan to save them has unexpected results.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 8, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Damned Tornado Warnings!  Our NBC affiliate is being preempted by local weather reports  >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #220 on: May 8, 2008, 10:14 PM »
BTW...Matt joined the Merchant Marines and is headed to Bora Bora, hence the lack of "New episode tonight" updates today

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 9, 2008, 09:06 AM »
Good episode last night.  Michael did his usual bit of hampering the actual productive influences of his staff, Dwight went off on a power trip that either no one cared about, or was the opposite of what anyone else would have done, Andy showed how pathetic and shallow he is (all show, no go), Pam got to regret more of her decisions when she was with Roy, and Jim actually tried.  It was pretty cool to see him like that.  I'm wondering if Jim will be Michael's new object of affection (he's got a girl, he does better at work, he's well liked at work, basically what Michael is not).
I am not the Stig

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 9, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Got to catch it on-line this morning.  Wondering if there is trouble brewing for the happy couple as Jim is starting to feel some sense of satisfaction at DMS after closing the deal, whereas Pam is beginning to feel more and more regret and desire to broaden her horizons.  I can't imagine that he would let her get away though.

Micheal was a grade-A dick tonight.  I nearly expected Pam to walk...........

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 9, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Pretty good episode last night as a few have said.  Keonobi nailed it down on what happened.  I'm just sad that the season was so preempted because of the strike.  I think there were supposed to be something like 22 episodes this season and I'm guessing we got just over half of that.

Tracy, sorry about all the weather warnings, that happened to us a few weeks ago. 

Embrace the suck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 9, 2008, 10:16 AM »
Tracy, sorry about all the weather warnings, that happened to us a few weeks ago. 

Thanks.  I was a little bummed last night -- we got the kiddies off to bed and got chores out of the way so I would settle in to watch it (pretty much the only show I do that for).  I understand why that had to do it though -- there were quite a few tornadoes spotted in the viewing area.  It's all good -- I was able to watch it on-line this morning while Curious George was on. :)