Author Topic: Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals  (Read 10501 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2023, 05:52 PM »
Anyone else think that the Leia should've been #300?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2023, 05:57 PM »
Anyone else think that the Leia should've been #300?

It was a little surprising that it wasn't a main from the OT. But people have been wanting Hera for 9 years, so I'm ok with it.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2023, 05:59 PM »
After so many releases of Luke as an X-wing Pilot, I'm excited to get him as a Piolet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2023, 06:05 PM »
After so many releases of Luke as an X-wing Pilot, I'm excited to get him as a Piolet.

I thought the same thing. :D

Fun fact: A piolet is the word for a small ice climbing ax and is the name is of French origin. (I'm guessing spell check didn't catch it because of this.)
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 3, 2023, 08:56 AM »
Interesting pipeline reveals.

-Chopper obviously needed to be new.  I don't think there was going to be any way around that.
-Jango Fett - this is curious because the previous Jango Fett release was a mainline figure, and not a deluxe release.  In the recent Q&A sessions Hasbro has communicated that the cost of deco has risen substantially.  Does that hold true for Jango as well?  At that price point I am expecting both of the jet packs to be included.  I am expecting to see some of the parts from the Death Watch Mandalorian Airborne Trooper to get recycled here.  And hopefully the likeness is going to be much better in light of how good Hasbro has gotten with the clone likenesses.  Will they include the pilot headgear?  Or a swappable head for that?  We'll see.
-Rex.  This one has me wondering since he was cited as being from "The Bad Batch".  The version in the 4-pack was, shall we say, LACKING.  It's built on the old Clone buck.  The Kama looks wrong.  The electroboniculars were not a regular thing for Rex.  And while the face looked better, the hair looked nothing like Rex's.  I'm wondering if this will be an instance of Hasbro trying to make things right, or a reissue?  I feel slightly optimistic because in other parts of the Pipeline reveals Emily was very specific about some other figures being "refreshes".

-Darth Vader was a little surprising at first - at least until Hasbro showed off the rest of the ANH themed Pipeline reveals.  It feels like Hasbro has finally nailed Vader with the Dark Times and DS2 versions.  The helmet looks better than most I can recall.  The key details of this are going to be the inner cloak laying on top of the shoulder armor and the control panel on his chest.
-Stormtrooper refresh - I was glad to hear some specific language from Hasbro on this topic.  It was an exercise in futility to roll out a new Stormtrooper sculpt as a Walmart exclusive.  And I can't recall ever having seen it in a store.  I got mine online from Walmart and then a solid case of them from EE.  It's about time this was a mainline figure released at all retailers.
-R2-D2 & X-Wing Pilot Luke - these are good to get out there with this ANH beat that Hasbro seems to want to hit.
-Leia - It's about time!!!!  The last time Hasbro made a really good ANH Leia was in 2004 in the VOTC line, so this figure has been really overdue.  And I hope this is a sign that Hasbro is taking on the ANH core four now.  They're making Leia, but farmboy Luke is still a high priority for a lot of people.  I think Han Solo and Obi-Wan Kenobi have some serious potential in light of how sculpting and paint have advanced.

-HK-47 & Jedi Revan 2-pack - Emily clearly stated that HK-47 is a refresh, so I don't expect any updates there.  And Jedi Revan will likely be much like the new TVC Darth Revan but in deco like the TBS GG Jedi Revan.  I was just hoping to get a version of the character unmasked at some point.  The fact that these are going to be Fan Channel releases makes sense.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2023, 08:09 AM »
Missed the livestream (stupid job :P) but watching the recap now.  Here is link if you want to rewatch.

**moved the Retro Collection and BS6" stuff to the respective areas...

TVC - all mainline items, Pre-Order 8/30 @ 1pm ET:
- Morgan Elsbeth (Ahsoka), HK-87 Assassin Droid (Ahsoka), VC300 General Hera (Ahsoka)

Pipeline reveals:
- TVC basic = Chopper (Ahsoka), Rex (Bad Batch), Darth Vader (ANH), refresh/repack Stormtrooper, refresh/repack R2-D2, refresh/repack X-Wing Luke, all-new ANH Princess Leia.
- TVC DLX =  Jango Fett
- TVC 2-PK = repaint Jedi Revan and repaint HK-47

Jeff's TVC thoughts/comments:
- $28 deluxe Jango Fett that probably re-uses a lot of Fett parts... ::)
- REX from the Bad Batch before any of the other actual Bad Batch members?!? ::)
- ANOTHER Darth Vader based on that Dark Times sculpt... ::)
- refresh/repack Stormtrooper, R2-D2, X-Wing Luke...  I don't mind these, but it makes me wonder if an X-Wing is coming along with Luke/R2?
- repaint Revan / HK-47 - didn't take them long to reuse that new Revan sculpt :P
... that's a lot of repack/refresh/reuse to get all-new Chopper and all-new ANH Leia.  :-\

Regarding these pipeline reveals...

Hasbro announced a total of 5 figures from A NEW HOPE.  Granted, the versions of Luke Skywalker, R2-D2 and the Stormtrooper are all reissues.  But a new Darth Vader is in the mix, plus the biggest reveal - a new Princess Leia - which has been called for in the whole "Make The Mains" campaign that's been circulating around social media.  But I'm struck by what looks like it might be a wave of A NEW HOPE figures.  Is anyone else surprised by this development?  And could it be an indication that Hasbro might be moving back towards building waves of figures based on a common theme?

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2023, 09:19 AM »
I'm struck by what looks like it might be a wave of A NEW HOPE figures.  Is anyone else surprised by this development?

Seeing a lot of figures from a particular older source/movie these days leads me to wonder if Hasbro is up to something.  Maybe it's just coincidence or a return to themed waves like you said Nick. Or...

- Could Pilot Luke/R2-D2 mean an X-Wing re-do/repack is coming?
- Leia/Vader/Stormtroopers...  maybe some kind of new Death Star playset with a carded Tarkin (using that new officer buck)?  Could be a simple $60 hall/wall type playset.  Or maybe since the Throne Room set is shipping now, they want to try another Pulse-exclusive mega-playset??  We've got that TVC Krennic coming too...   

Or, maybe it's none of that and just a coincidence and I shouldn't waste time speculating...  but where is the fun in that?!? :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2023, 09:32 AM »

Regarding these pipeline reveals...

Hasbro announced a total of 5 figures from A NEW HOPE.  Granted, the versions of Luke Skywalker, R2-D2 and the Stormtrooper are all reissues.  But a new Darth Vader is in the mix, plus the biggest reveal - a new Princess Leia - which has been called for in the whole "Make The Mains" campaign that's been circulating around social media.  But I'm struck by what looks like it might be a wave of A NEW HOPE figures.  Is anyone else surprised by this development?  And could it be an indication that Hasbro might be moving back towards building waves of figures based on a common theme?

The thought that immediately crossed my mind was that Disney told Hasbro that the movie is going to be in theaters again in 24 or 25 to help fill the schedule vacancies created by the strikes.

Next I thought they could be gearing up that Haslab Death Star.

Cynical me thought they were getting into some new ANH tooling so they had figures ready to rerelease for the 50th anniversary that is 4 years away.

It looks a lot like the Jabba's Goons repack wave coupled with Han/Vader/Piett wave honestly.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2023, 09:56 AM »
One thing that got mentioned in the livestream was that Hasbro had heard for the call to "Make the Mains", and that Leia might just be the first step in that process.  I also could not help but think that Hasbro might be observing the 20th anniversary of VOTC, which was really the precursor to The Vintage Collection.  They do seem to be a bit more mindful of anniversaries now, although they did not observe the 10th anniversary of the launch of The Black Series.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2023, 10:01 AM »
I also could not help but think that Hasbro might be observing the 20th anniversary of VOTC, which was really the precursor to The Vintage Collection.

The "new" TVC cardback in 2024 is a callback to those 2004 VOTC figures.  Maybe that is the angle, not a return to themed waves, but maybe a lot of those VOTC are going to get re-done in 2024? 

new cardback design starting with this wave (throwback to original 2004 VOTC cardback backs - 20 years ago!  :o):

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2024, 03:36 PM »
No mention of Steve...

"Join us Jan. 23 at 11am ET for the first #HasbroPulse Star Wars #Fanstream of the New Year! Hosted by Jing, Emily, Chris, and Eric, this stream promises thrilling additions to your favorite #StarWars toy lines, including #StarWarsTheBlackSeries and #StarWarsTheVintageCollection."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2024, 04:08 PM »
He needs a few weeks to re-watch all the movies and shows.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2024, 05:57 PM »
But look who else’s name WASN’T there…👀😁
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2024, 06:41 PM »
But look who else’s name WASN’T there…👀😁

Yeah, but there's been times when Patrick wasn't involved in earlier ones, either.  We'll see.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2024, 09:27 PM »
Patrick failed upwards and has a higher position...keeps him out of livestreams like this.
This is the way.

I have spoken.