Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 267230 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2007, 08:36 AM »
Looks like the new sets are starting to come out.

on ebay
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 31, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I found them yesterday (Monday.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 31, 2007, 12:20 PM »
i read on rebelscum that the new comic packs come out on august 1st on my birthday i know what i'm getting

But what are you getting Brian Peppers?  ???

Kevin
a monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suck.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #558 on: August 2, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I picked up Wave 3 at Target today.  :)

I have to say that my least favorite set is Luke/Mara.  Mara is a horrible figure.  :(

Her neck paint does not go all the way up, so with her hood off, you see the ugly black ball around the base of her head because her neck is so long to accomodate the hood thingy.  Plus, her head is really wobbly and has trouble staying on (at least on my figure).  Also, her holster is HUGE, it looks like a purse or something.   She does have nice articulation though (ball shoulders and knees, swivel elbows and wrists).  If you get her in the right pose, she's passable.  Not nearly as good as I was hoping though.

Leia/Vader is fine... nothing great, but nothing that bad either.   :P

My favorite of the 3 is definitely the Hett/Dark Woman set.  Less articulation on Dark Woman than Mara, but the pose/sculpt/neck is so much better.  And Hett rocks - ball shoulders and knees, swivel elbows and wrists.  Plus the twin sabers, one of which converts to gaffi stick are very cool, not to mention the mask/helmet.  Fantastic set for $10.  :)
« Last Edit: August 2, 2007, 03:18 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #559 on: August 2, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Thats a shame they screwed up Mara....AGAIN!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 2, 2007, 10:03 PM »
I just picked up two of the new 3-packs. I got the Leia/vader on and the Luke Mara one. I was very happy with Mara but Luke's body quite frankly sucks. The headsculpt is awesome though and so is his Xwing helmet so I did this:

I put his head on the VOTC X-wing Luke body.
I think this figure is just too cool now. It was a straight head swap BTW. No Modding required. Here are some pics of Mara for those of you who are interested:
She has cut joint arms and ball jointed knees.

I have to say I'm really happy w/ both of these figures.

Darth and Leia are pretty cool too (Especially Leia). I can take pics if anyone is interested.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #561 on: August 2, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Please do.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 3, 2007, 09:25 AM »
So who's going to be buying extra Luke officer/Female officer packs just for the imperial hats? I figure we can at least give Chief Bast his hat.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 3, 2007, 06:26 PM »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 3, 2007, 09:48 PM »
they all look great. sign me up for two stormy packs and one of each of the other two.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 3, 2007, 11:25 PM »
I picked up the Tusken Jedi/"Dark Woman" pack at WM tonight. They also had the Infinities set but it looked odd to me so I passed for now (though I may get it later for the Vader). No Luke/Mara to be found, so I know which one will be the hot seller of the wave.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #566 on: August 4, 2007, 02:03 AM »
I'm down for 2 each actually, at least...  And I'm there with you on extras of the Imperial set just for the hats Anton.  I wanted Bast to have one too.  Great minds think alike. :)

I want I think 4 of the Commando set...  Wouldn't mind a "team" of them.  I can't tell what the little doo-dads are with them in that set, but pretty cool.  The Stormtrooper set's neat to me but I again liked the storyline there so I like the characters enough.  I'm just disappointed at the lack of stormtrooper armored hands on the Duros.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 4, 2007, 02:39 AM »
The scans from the Hasbro presentation definitely shed a nice light on the upcoming comic sets.

Jundland & Shan - Definitely cool and they're good fodder for custom Imperials.  Especially with the ball jointed heads.  The Lt. Shan is a little weird since we should've seen this figure as Juno Eclipse first, but with The Force Unleashed delay we got this one first.  Oh well.  I understand the appeal of the removable hats, but it does seem like an expensive way to get extra hats.  This is a case where I would wait for a Target clearance in order to get some more.

Mouse & Basso - The likenesses are dead-on.  I hope Hasbro just gets onboard with the correct name for Basso, since Able is an old Jango Clone that's joined the Rebellion.  As for Mouse's hands being exposed, that's the way they are in the comic.

Republic Commando & Super Battle Droid - Excellent 2-pack.  I like the fact that this commando is generic.  It's the perfect set for troop building.  I could see getting 4 of these sets or more.  In fact, since the paint job is all white it seems like you could paint them up in your own custom markings.  As for the Super Battle Droid, I like the new paint apps.  It looks even more metallic than the 30AC SBD, and doesn't appear to have any of the holes in the torso for the flame accessories.  As for the accessories in the pic, they look like thermal detonators.  They seem to be similar to the thermal detonator that came with the Clone Wars Deluxe Clone Trooper with speeder bike.

As for wave 3 of the comic packs?  Haven't found any yet locally, but I think I'll kick in the hunt in earnest once I hear that Basic Figure wave 4 is showing up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 9, 2007, 03:32 AM »
I didn't think I'd like that Commando/Droid pack, but I didn't realize they were using that good droid sculpt.  So crap, count me in for a few sets of these... after all the commando looks SO much better in white.

The Stormtrooper set, I could see myself getting anywhere from 5-10 depending on how good the final quality is on these when I see them in person.

For the other set, I'll get 2-3 probably.  Really don't like the Luke at all but I'm all over the chick!

Also I picked up Wave 3 today.  Here's pics of them -

I'm finding that I like the Vader more and more for some reason... so I'll probably get a second one of those, because I really want to customize one.  But the best figure is the Asharad Hett - by far in my opinion at least.

:P

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 9, 2007, 08:47 AM »
Saw these at Target the other day and picked up the Luke & Mara set with mixed feelings. I want to like it a lot, but instead I just like it enough.

Mara's headsculpt is a little dodgy, but passable. Seems like the ball at the top of her neck and her head-hole do not match up right either--hole too small or ball too large to work properly. Her hair is sculpted to sit on her shoulders but hovers a fraction of a millimeter above instead.

Luke's permanently bent elbows are frustrating (especially since Mara's articulation could have easily been copied to give him more posability.) Otherwise, this is what I want in an EU version of a movie character: an outfit we can believe but didn't see in the movies. I like the way in CHEWIE's pictures above he has the waist-piece turned aorund, makes for another option on this figure's appearance.

Lightsabers were a little confusing as well. I'm not complaining about these really, I would always opt for more/different accessories over nothing. Luke's is a blue version of his RotJ saber...and Mara's may be her personally constructed lightsaber, but she's years from building that in this story.

The holsters are just too ridiculously bulky. I have solved this problem to my satisfaction by cutting off Mara's oversized gunbelt, and choosing to have Luke wear the ammo belt backwards, so the clips show across his chest and the holster is over his shoulder.

Why was there no Tusken Masttiff repaint thrown in as a vornskr? Seems like a logical choice to me to "complete the play pattern" as it were.

Looking through the comic that comes with this set also makes me think of all the "Heir to the Empire" sets we ought to get -- enough characters appeared in this one issue to make me realize they could easily reprint the whole series with sets of:

#1-Thrawn/Rukh
#2-Pregnant Leia/Khabarakh
#3-Pellaeon/Joruus C'Baoth
#4-Rallra/Salporin
#6-Tallon Karrde/Ghent