Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 152610 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #570 on: April 4, 2005, 09:07 AM »
I picked up Anakin and Obi-Wan at Wal-Mart Friday night/Saturday morning (Grievous was gone before I could find one), then picked up Grievous the next day at Target.  Haven't had a chance to open them yet, but they all look great.  They definitely seemed to be popular at the stores I went to as well, and I actually think there are a fair amount of collectors who buy only these.  This is one of my favorite lines anymore, despite the fact that I don't really have anywhere to put them right now.  I still haven't seen a Stormtrooper in stores around here, and I'm hoping it will still be shipping :).  I know I missed it at TRU (found IG-88), but haven't seen any signs of this wave anywhere else in town.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 6, 2005, 09:31 AM »
After much debate on how to lay out my collection room, I decided to put my Unleashed behind the bar and move my framed Sports Illustrated to another wall(s).  The original plan was to put up six 3'-0" shelves - half would be devoted to Unleashed and the other half would go to my Applause figural mugs and BK glasses. 

Put the shelves up last night and started putting my Unleashed up.  I came to realize that three shelves weren't going to cut it.  Some figures ended up on the mugs and glasses shelves and I'm still missing four pieces (Stormtrooper and the upcoming Vader, Yoda / Sidious and Asajj). 

I did end up putting most of my mugs up next to the Unleashed (I couldn't find the tub with the three TPM and two AOTC mugs).  I don't really like the clutterness of the Unleashed mix with the mugs, so I'm thinking about buying a small bookcase for the glassware and keeping the shelving behind the bar for strictly Unleashed.  That way it spreads them out a little bit.  I really do like the way they look behind the bar. (pics coming soon, promise).

The point of this stupid post? - the Unleashed line takes up a **** load of space.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 6, 2005, 09:43 AM »
- the Unleashed line takes up a **** load of space.

Mine are still in there packages, I have no room to display them. Maybe I can talk Sherry into using her curio cabinet.  :-\

There a great set to collect and I think I will grab Anakin and Obi plus the Stormtrooper this weekend. With having the Stormtrooper shipped up here and maybe paying customs, I think it will work out the same as to buying it up here.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 6, 2005, 09:55 AM »
The point of this stupid post? - the Unleashed line takes up a **** load of space.

Truer words Mikey...I couldn't agree more.  I'm in the same predicament right now too.  My wife likes everything to stay in one room (our office/collection room), and I've recently added a little more shelving to accommodate the ROTS basic figure stuff (not sure if that will be enough once vehicles are considered too though).  Anyways, I really enjoy the Unleashed line, but you are right...it sure takes up a lot of room.  I've been trying to figure out a nice way to display them all, without it looking cluttered or half-***ed.  Right now they are sitting on the top of our desk, which is fine, but it is full with Anakin, Obi, and Grievous sitting packed away in their boxes and still in the Wal-Mart bag from the other day.  I'd really like to get these out and displayed as well.  Plus, considering I'm hoping to find that Stormtrooper one some day, as well as pick up the upcoming Vader and Yoda/Sidious ones, I need more room.  I bought a type of "floating" shelf as well, thinking those might work, and I could get about seven on there.  Problem is, I only really have room for two of them on the wall above the desk, so could display about 14.  Already out of room.  Sigh...the battle continues ;).  They really are a great line, but tough to find the room to display them nicely.  I could see why some people collect just this line, it takes up more than enough room by itself ;).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 6, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Agreed, these are fantastic but the space issue is almost too much.  I'll probably cull my collection, something I've said before.  Bossk is still sitting unopened and in spite of being a great piece, will likely go back to the store.  Too much crap, too little room. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 6, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Other than Leia and Padme, Bossk takes up the least amount of space.  I say keep him.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 6, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Yeah, good point Mikey, Bossk really does take up very little space and can squeeze in pretty easily :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 8, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Mousedroid has pic up of a couple of the upcoming Unleashed loose, from the Australian Toy Fair.

I hope to get both of these, they look pretty nice.  Now where to put them on the other hand... ;)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2005, 11:49 AM by mosnab »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 8, 2005, 01:53 PM »
I really like the new Vader and Emperor - I really only buy the ones I like.  Though I can't seem to find the ones I really want!   :P

The stormtrooper and IG-88 to name a few....never shipped to my area....too many Dooku's and Windu's warming the pegs.

At TRU, too many Hoth Lukes and Chewies (worst Unleashed to date)!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 8, 2005, 01:58 PM »
I've yet to see any piece of the Stormtrooper wave.  A dealer friend of mine had his entire order of that wave cancelle by Hasbro.  Curious.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 8, 2005, 02:09 PM »
Very little sign of that wave around here too.  I saw 1 each of IG-88 and Aurra about two to three weeks ago, and picked up IG, but was really hoping to find the Stormtrooper.  Otherwise, all I've seen around is the Tusken/Aayla wave, and now the ROTS figures.  I sure hope we didn't miss our chance on the Stormie, I really want that one.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 8, 2005, 05:12 PM »
It's pathetic how much of that Tusken wave hit.  One WalMart near me must have at least 8 of each.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 14, 2005, 09:15 PM »
If you order Vader, Asajj and Palpatine/Yoda at amazon.com, you get free shipping ;D

My email states they will ship tomorrow but I doubt it...we'll see.
Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 15, 2005, 09:15 AM »
I checked Amazon today, just to see if the Vader, Yoda/Palpy, and Asaaj were still listed as an April 15 date, or if they had been pushed back.  I fully expected the date to just be changed, as has happened in the past, but this morning they said "shipping in 2-3 days".  With free shipping, I decided to order the Vader and Yoda/Palps.  When I got to the final check, it now says "shipping June 15".  Not that I'm surprised, but just kind of screwy since it isn't a "preorder" on their site, but listed as "in stock and shipping in 2-3 days".  Anyways, I'll leave them ordered for now...since there is no shipping costs, and they could possibly be tough finds anyways.  If you are interested, I think they are still in stock at Amazon:

Vader

Palps/Yoda

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 15, 2005, 11:34 AM »
The same thing happened to me, mosnab.  I added all three of the wave to my cart and everything was fine up until I got to the final confirmation page, where I got the "Estimated Ship Date: June 15, 2005" message.  So, I went ahead and cancelled the order, as I've had many similar situations on Amazon/TRU where I get the email in about two months time saying something along the lines of, "We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item(s) you ordered are no longer available from our distributor."

All three of the figures (at least when I was looking around) are no longer listed on the main ROTS/SW store pages either.  I was only able to find the Vader/Palp-Yoda through the links you provided, and Ventress only through clicking a "People who bought the items in your cart" link on one of those pages. 

On a completely unrelated note, I'd just like to tell everyone again how great the Unleashed Obi-Wan and Anakin figures are when you put them together.  Even if you're not a regular Unleashed collector, these two figures make one of the nicest displays you could ever hope for in your SW collection.  The Grievous is great too, but for me to see so many of the Anakins and Bens hanging around on pegs is disappointing, as they are, taken together, the nicest and coolest Unleashed figures that have been done in the line, period.  I'm not trying to "thin out the pegs" for future waves (if I did that, I would have to beg people to buy Securas/Bossks/Tuskens), but I'm just wanting to let people know that there are two really cool toys on the pegs right now that I think a lot of people are overlooking.