Author Topic: Target 2023 TVC The Mandalorian Trio - Axe, Koska, Migs  (Read 5270 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Target 2023 TVC The Mandalorian Trio - Axe, Koska, Migs
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2022, 01:18 PM »
I got one for Migs, no Koska though.

Same, but swap the figures.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2022, 10:42 PM »
Got my shipping notice today for Migs and Koska.
Me too!

I got one for Migs, no Koska though.
Same, but swap the figures.

So MN = both figures; everyone else = just one.  I'm OK with that. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2022, 01:04 AM »
Hopefully these end up being as plentiful as the Droids R2-D2 around here. I have yet to see them show up in Denver though.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2022, 01:21 AM »
According to the website, I have Koska arriving Saturday with Migs estimated for 4 August.

Of course they're all going to my Florida address and I am still in Colorado.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2022, 11:45 AM »
Got the Koska email now too.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2022, 06:36 PM »
One of my local Colorado Targets had 5+ Migs in stock according to their computer, but the employees didn't want to go look for them or bring them out. I guess they are going to be doing a reset of their toy department and didn't have shelf space yet (despite all the empty SW pegs).

Trying to continue waiting patiently for these... even after seeing images of Targets with 6+ of each figure out for sale.
"This is the way."

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 2, 2022, 10:01 PM »
Something beckoned me to go to JTA today where I read that Migs has a variant -- one with a red band painted on the upper right arm  (seen on the card back) and the other with the sleeve all grey. Sure enough, the figure that arrived yesterday has the red while the figure that showed up today is all grey.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 3, 2022, 08:08 AM »
I saw the news about the Mayfeld variation on the Vintage Collection Facebook group.  I can't bring myself to go to the dumpster fire mentioned above.

I've seen a total of 5 Mayfeld figures in the wild.  I bought a couple (despite having an existing preorder), and all of the ones that I've seen have the green arm band.  No red so far.  I'm waiting to see what my preorder yields. 

Besides that?  It's a great figure!  They even capture Bill Burr's smirk in the likeness.  And it's got troop builder potential if you keep the helmet on.  Another topic that seems to have taken off is the matter of how some parts that can be utilized for other figures in the future.  This figure definitely seems to be able to do that.  Because if you want to make a Mudtrooper from SOLO?  This is a good starting point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: August 3, 2022, 09:51 AM »
Because if you want to make a Mudtrooper from SOLO?  This is a good starting point.

I love this graphic that I saw at BanthaSkull a while back...  three down, three to go!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #69 on: August 3, 2022, 10:45 AM »
I have seen both variations of Migs in the wild in equal numbers, however all the ones I got in the mail (3) were the red band variant. Green arm band is accurate to the show so I had to make sure I got one of those.

And it is a great base for making Mudtroopers. If you’re wanting to make a Han and be as accurate as possible remember that he has a different belt than Migs. 
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 3, 2022, 11:11 AM »
Because if you want to make a Mudtrooper from SOLO?  This is a good starting point.

I love this graphic that I saw at BanthaSkull a while back...  three down, three to go!

I definitely appreciated that article when it came out.  It's a thoughtful look at how a figure is actually built.  But not all of it is applicable in light of the removable helmets for both Mayfeld and Din Djarin.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2022, 08:55 PM »
My two Migs from Target.com arrived last week and I picked up four more in the wild today. Just like everyone else experienced, it looks like the Target.com version have the red right arm band, and the ones from the store are the accurate green/grey.

From all the reference I can see, it looks like Din actually does have the red arm while Migs has the green/grey. I think it makes sense the red indicates an officer and the grey/green is for regular troopers. While we didn't really see any (that I am aware of) it might make sense that there are some others with alternate markings to signify other ranks, just like the shoretroopers. For what just an error, the red arm band works out pretty well.

I'd hope that the inevitable Army Building 4-pack has an officer and some grunts. (I wonder if the same red arm band ranks would also apply to to the Mimban Swamp troopers?)

"This is the way."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2022, 09:11 PM »
My Wife preordered one Migs, and we bought a 2nd at Target last week. One had the red arm band. 1st figure in a while that ive bought for the variant.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2022, 11:02 PM »
it looks like Din actually does have the red arm while Migs has the green/grey.

Migs figure was never supposed to have the red; it was a mix up from re-using the same body from Din for Migs.  Hasbro said they were going to correct it ASAP and it looks like they did.

(I wonder if the same red arm band ranks would also apply to to the Mimban Swamp troopers?)

In the Solo visual guide book, they say the red armband is standard for grunts and then there is a white armband for medics.  Matches up to what we saw in the 5POA mudtrooper figures (Han and Grunt from Target pack had red; medic had a white arm band)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2022, 11:57 PM »
Thankfully the first Migs I got was the variant.  The one I bought to leave the helmet off and the half dozen I bought to leave the helmets on were all the corrected ones.