Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84846 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2006, 09:04 AM »
I am actually a tad bit disappointed with how Jerjerrod looks.  It's fine and all but I don't know about that face?

At least he doesn't look like Tarantino. :(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Yeah Hasbro must be tired of seeing that Palpatine in it's warehouse.  I can not see any other reason why they would put that thing back in the stores other than to get it out of their sight. 

Wasn't this figure highly sought after until this point?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2006, 09:55 AM »

I was hoping that he looked like Clooney that way I would have my Dust till Dawn 2-pack :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2006, 11:39 AM »
Yeah Hasbro must be tired of seeing that Palpatine in it's warehouse.  I can not see any other reason why they would put that thing back in the stores other than to get it out of their sight. 

Wasn't this figure highly sought after until this point?

I hope I'm not being thick here and that isn't sarcasm.  But I don't recall it ever being highly sought after.  It might have been a little hard to find, but not terribly so.  I'm pretty sure it showed in Canada and that's generally (though not always) a good indication of easy access.  Even if it was hard to find, who'd want it enough to make it highly sought after? 

That DSG has some serious right ankle issues.  He oughta see a doc. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2006, 12:04 PM »
Actually, I seem to remember a LOT of people who had trouble finding a bunch of different figures at the tail end of 2003.

As hard as it is to believe, this figure was indeed one that was "hard to find" for quite a few people out there.  I remember quite a few threads at RS where this figure was showing up on people's "most wanted" lists.   :o

Does that mean they should be re-releasing the 2003 version him now?  Uh... no.    They should have just retooled ROTS head onto that Ep1 Darth Sidious figure - now that was actually a pretty cool Emperor figure.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2006, 12:06 PM »
I figured any scarcity of that Palpatine sculpt was because of short-shipping it out of pure shame. That thing is horrible. It's as big of a misfire as the Hoth Rebel Soldier, I feel. Why they feel the need to reship a pile like that is beyond me.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2006, 12:49 PM »
I figured any scarcity of that Palpatine sculpt was because of short-shipping it out of pure shame. That thing is horrible. It's as big of a misfire as the Hoth Rebel Soldier, I feel. Why they feel the need to reship a pile like that is beyond me.

I'd have thought (or wished the same).  But I'd trust Jeff's recollection rather than mine.  Unfortunately I ended up with at least a couple of them, much to my dismay. 

As for why to reship, probably because the production run was standard size in 2003 but distribution was miserable seemingly, so they're sitting on a pile of that pile.  The natural thing to do is to unload them, and shamelessly they are doing so, knowing full well there are lots of carded collectors out there (no, not the kiddies that  supposedly drive the marketplace) that will buy this to complete the collection of TSC cardbacks. 

They should be embarassed by that figure though, monkey face's running mate has no place in 2006, let alone 1995.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2006, 01:55 PM »

I was hoping that he looked like Clooney that way I would have my Dust till Dawn 2-pack :P

'Dust' or Dusk?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Dust, as in what they collect on the pegs ;)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Jerjerrod reminds me of Chief Bast.

:P

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2006, 09:03 PM »
I finally figured out what I didn't like about Jerjerrod - his face. He'd look a lot better if they gave him a nervous/surprised expression instead of the angry look.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2006, 09:04 PM »
He's angry 'cause he got ripped off on accesories.  :P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2006, 09:18 PM »
I finally figured out what I didn't like about Jerjerrod - his face. He'd look a lot better if they gave him a nervous/surprised expression instead of the angry look.

How about if Hasbro gave him the half-smiling 'we should double our efforts' look? Then everyone would think he's focusing on performing a human function in the bathroom or that he was ..a little excited :P

Seriously, I'm quite pleased with his 'bad guy' expression. Apparently, Hasbro was doing their best to copy his still photo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2006, 02:35 AM »
I'm not fond of Jerjerrod simply out of the lack of ANYTHING for $7...  :(  This is another Derlin situation I'm afraid.  If the wave ships enough.

I too had trouble finding the Palpatine by the way...  I got mine out of the DVD 3-pack actually, on clearance.  The basic figure was one I never saw out of the 2003 Saga figures.  Same with the McTrooper which I think came out the same time...  A real bitch to find, and one you'd actually want maybe two of, but Hasbro put a stop to that fun!  :-\

The Jerjerrod though, yeah I'm not impressed.  I think a neutral expression would've been better than pissed off (or otherwise "expressing" something).  Considering Veers was fine, it's kind of silly they gave Jerjerrod a face he really only had in cut scenes.

Beyond that, ****** articulation, and a complete lack of anything interesting packed in with him make him less than stellar to me...  Hell, repack the holo Deaht Star accessory, or give him a datapad accessory, or something...  Or how about something better for articulation perhaps so the toy itself is a little better.  Meh...  He's ok for $5, he's **** for $7 though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2006, 09:25 AM »
The thing to me about Jerjerrod is the casting. It's one thing that always bugged me about ROTJ. With respect to the actor, most of the other imperial officers in the previous films had substance, even if they weren't a well known actor. I keep asking my self, what is this guy doing in charge of the most important project in history?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."