Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352029 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1290 on: July 22, 2010, 12:55 PM »
I received the "baby" AT-AT via BBTS yesterday, and it really is pretty spiffy.  We don't have any batteries on hand, so I didn't get to try the "lights and sounds" out - but the toy itself is pretty nice.  Our daughter had a good time playing with it yesterday.  I do hope we continue to see some more OT ships (and figures, for that matter) as time goes on, but I sort of feel this line shifting more towards CW and then maybe not at all.  If so, it has had a heck of a run - and we've gotten more than I ever thought we would in this scale.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 22, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Found the Republic Commando 2-pack today at TRU.  Very pleased that Hasbro made some Commandos.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 23, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Just as a heads up, but I found the new Cinema Scenes packs (Purchase of the Droids and Kamino) at TRU this morning, $24.99 each.  Glad to see these finally show up.  I did pick up the Purchase of the Droids set, but I will say the price stung a bit for the actual "new" figures.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 24, 2010, 01:35 AM »
Did you notice what they shipped with?  I had passed on the TRU exclusive Anakin's CW Jedi Starfighter the first time around, but I could see myself picking it up if I find the right coupon or whatever.

I'm a little bummed they didn't reveal the Christmas lineup at Comic Con.  I guess it makes sense with C5 coming up, though. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 26, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Did you notice what they shipped with?  I had passed on the TRU exclusive Anakin's CW Jedi Starfighter the first time around, but I could see myself picking it up if I find the right coupon or whatever.

I'm a little bummed they didn't reveal the Christmas lineup at Comic Con.  I guess it makes sense with C5 coming up, though. 

Sorry for the late reply.  The only two that our store had on the shelf were the new ones - 1 of each (Purchase of Droids/Kamino).  We had previously had quite a few of the last round (with the Rebo Band, etc.), but they have since disappeared.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 26, 2010, 03:31 PM »
I found the AT-AT today!  I've been looking forward to this for a long time.  Pics to come...

edit --

Check out my blog for a few boxed pics.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:10 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 7, 2010, 01:12 PM »
I also picked up the GH AT-AT, at TRU. They threw in the free chrome stormtrooper with purchase!

This is one great interpretation of the AT-AT. I have a feeling I'll get a second if they ever go on sale.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 9, 2010, 04:03 PM »
I finally got the batteries in this thing- If there is one piece of Hasbro's work that hasn't seen much progress in the last 20 years, it is audio effects. The walking effect sounds like somebody held up a radio shack mini cassette recorder from the lobby while the movie was playing. Oh well. Still a groovy looking toy.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 12, 2010, 10:38 AM »
Just curious, for those of you who "collect" the GH line, do you display them or are they packed up and/or in the hands of the kiddos?  Honestly, I've always had them on a shelf, but within reach of our daughter if she wants to take a look at them.  She also has her own from extras or packs we've picked up when out and about (and SHS, which she plays with a lot more).  I've been considering what to do with these as I've been re-arranging the collection room (office).  Space is really at a premium, and I'm considering moving these to make room for the AT-AT and get it off the floor.  Anyways, just wondering if you display these as a collection or if you have them somewhere else.  I've only been collecting the OT sets/packs, and it does make for a nice little "Star Wars Universe" display when you've got the room for it.  Particularly some of the cinema scene playset/backdrops and the increase in vehicles the last few years.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 12, 2010, 10:43 AM »
All the GH I have I bought because I like them (OT, PT & EU), but they are all in the toy room my sons (2&4) share.  I think almost all of them are in a big tupperware bin.  I think once I get done redoing my office I'll have some of them on shelves, but they are for the boys to play with really.  My Wife has pointed out that the boys might not understand the distinction between their toys and Daddy's, once I have my office done.
I am not the Stig

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 12, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Usually in a bin, but with the AT-AT hitting, I set up a hoth display in our entertainment center. It made me realize I need to rotate them in to the display more often.

The OT offerings for the year (outside of the AT-AT) are pretty bleak. I don't go for cinema scenes for $25 to get a couple of new figures. I'm ok with the lack of releases really, there aren't any I think that are in dire need of being done. A TIE would be nice, but that's about all that comes to mind.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I'm like Kenobi.  We really buy the GH because I like them, but they go straight to my kids (who have played with them nonstop for years, now).  They live in a giant tupperware bin, but I'm always imagining a day when they'll go up in a nice permanent display. 

I'm a little bummed Hasbro didn't bring any surprises to C5 for the display cases, but I'm holding out hope that something down-the-roadish shows up in a slide show, maybe?

I've still got plenty of OT stuff I've always wanted to see (Chirpa #1), plenty of silly stuff that would be TOO AWESOME in the GH line (GH Bantha!), and also some stuff that's gotten too high on my list just because I want to fill in the blanks...

Max Rebo, Droopy McCool, and _________
Ponda Baba and __________
_______, Barada, Nikto
Uncle Owen and __________

The only thing I DON'T want to see are a bunch of resculpts.  The reason it all displays so well is because everything matches, and everything's authoritative.  I've already eaten a dozen Darth Vader repacks, there's absolutely no reason to stop now.

Don't even get me started on my Episode 1 list.   ;)

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #1302 on: August 13, 2010, 02:46 AM »
Most of my GH stuff goes to the basement, which is where my son and I play with it when I get the chance. The Jabba-related stuff goes to my Jabba case, though (although I do have some duplicates like an extra Jabba due to the way they packed some things, and those go to the basement). I find Galactic Heroes figures to be rather difficult to display in a case, largely due to the fact that they all have their arms splayed wide and have oversized weapons, which means you can't get very many lined up next to each other (as opposed to Kubricks, which play nicely with each other for the most part).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1303 on: August 13, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Hasbro C-V panel showed a nifty AT-ST set coming to Kohls this Fall - cute little compliment to the baby AT-AT. :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 13, 2010, 03:02 PM »
I'm liking that AT-ST.  How have Kohl's exclusives been priced in the past?  I'm thinking that set should cost about $25-$30, right?
I am not the Stig