Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127385 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #660 on: January 18, 2006, 10:55 PM »
Each set, BD and reg comes with either a blaster or a long rifle for each color.  They're packaged the same in the two boxes he received.  He needs regular blasters pose for grey and orange clean.  

Jesse, nice score on the Gree :o  I'm not sure yet what to do with the ice Vader, since of course he rounds out my set of ice variants precisely one day before GG put them up for sale >:( ::)  So I now have two sets and I'm not that keen to break up a set either.  Unfortunately after all is said and done, the first set cost me more than the GG set did ::)  I didn't pay an outrageous fortune since I scored one at regular retail, the Vader at $9.99 (plus shipping) and then got the other four for $35, but no matter how you add it up, it's more than GG is charging.  I really should know better than to rush through things.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 18, 2006, 11:00 PM »
With those Clone 4-Packs, technically you could swap arms, but then you're mixing the colors up (eg. grey body with blue arms, etc).  Obviously, that won't cut it.

As for the ice versions, I've got a Luke and Wampa ice, so I have 2 out of the six "iced", just enough to make me want all of them.  Plus, I need a regular Snowtrooper to complete the set of regulars (the comic shop I found them at had already been raided of Snowtroopers).

Sheesh, I'd better make a checklist of what I need.  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #662 on: January 18, 2006, 11:02 PM »
I guess you could technically call them Rainbow EU troopers though...so I think they should count

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 18, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Uh oh.  Don't even try and do the math on that one.  :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 18, 2006, 11:20 PM »
I was trying to figure out how many combos you could make, but it's way too many.

**** that.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #665 on: January 19, 2006, 01:11 AM »
Each set, BD and reg comes with either a blaster or a long rifle for each color...

Oh yeah, I remember now.  I recall originally thinking that I'd have to get two of the regular sets, so I could have a blaster and rifle pose for each color.  But then when the "dirty" set was announced, I said that'd serve just fine as my second set, so between the two, I'd have a blaster and rifle for each color.

But now, after seeing Jesse's current dilemna there, I just rushed off and checked my regular and dirty sets, and fortunately, I got one blaster and one rifle for each of the four colors - 2 rifles and 2 blasters in each set, but perfectly opposite from eachother.  Thank God.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 19, 2006, 01:13 AM »
I'm just a tad annoyed with SWS.com about this.  I ordered all 4 sets from them, you'd think the least they could do is ensure that there weren't any doubles.  After all, is it really that hard to tell the difference between orange and blue (in the display window)?  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 19, 2006, 07:33 PM »

Also lost my mind and ordered a couple more 4 packs to get Gree :-[ ::)

Well, second time is the charm ;D  My other order netted no Gree, but I'm now the proud owner of the Gree with the rifle.  It also looks like I lucked out in the sense that I picked up the other version of the bust ups so I'm no longer having the same issue Jesse is having.  Pleased, I am.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #668 on: January 19, 2006, 08:54 PM »
I assume that the Gree arms are different for the rifle versus the regular blaster?  Otherwise, you could just mix and match accessories...  But I'm guessing that's the case, ala the Blackhole Stormies, right?

Congrats on the Gree (and 500 Clones), Brent.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 19, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Yeah, just as in Jesse's picture they're not really interchangeable.  They're either blaster dudes or rifle dudes. 

I ordered more BD clones because they've been holding their value on ebay to this point.  I should be able to unload the extras and probably only eat the cost of shipping from SWS.com to get the Gree, a pretty good deal, though that luck component was necessary too.  Now I can do all the combinations of the BD clones. 

My Gree pack was weird though, here are the contents:

Gree rifle; grey blaster; blue rifle; blue blaster  ???

Talk about your thrown together pack.  All the rest made sense but no orange or white in that pack.  Not that I'm going to complain. I'm going to treat Gree the same way I treated the blackhole stormtroopers, I'd like to have all the variations but I'll consider it complete without them.

Now if only I could get hold of that damn cola Chewbacca >:(

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 19, 2006, 11:03 PM »
I gladly trade you a cola Chewie for Gree.   ;D

Check ebay Brent., I was able to score Holo Emperor for around $15 dlvd, including the comic and other bust up.  Makes it easier to swallow than forking over $25.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 19, 2006, 11:12 PM »
I picked up the emperor, it's just the chewie that gives me fits.  I can also never remember the graphic novel it came with :-[

And thanks for the trade offer, but I have to keep this Gree :P

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 20, 2006, 12:28 AM »
I picked up the emperor, it's just the chewie that gives me fits.  I can also never remember the graphic novel it came with :-[

And thanks for the trade offer, but I have to keep this Gree :P

As luck would have it, I found the Cola Chewie tonight at Borders Express. It comes with the Clone Wars graphic novel (and with a Yoda Bust-Up). It was $25. How rare is the Cola Chewie? Anyone know?

Snags

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 20, 2006, 12:38 AM »
It's rare in the sense that there are no Borders stores in Canada, where I am.  Aside from that, it might generate about $30, maybe a little more on ebay, if sold by itself.  Although that's an artificial value given that these are still at retail.  I just happen to have ****** luck when I'm in the US and check Borders stores.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 20, 2006, 02:34 AM »
Here's a (possible) way to get your hands on the Amber Chewie bust-up:

http://www.tfaw.com/starwars/index.html?qt=nl257i

With every in-stock Star Wars purchase we're giving away Star Wars comics or toys. Here's how it works:

Order at least $35 of in-stock merchandise*
Have at least 1 Star Wars item in your cart
Enter the code SWGIVEAWAY at checkout

That's it! Those who act quickly (the first 40) will get a very cool Star Wars Bust-up of either the rare clear brown Chewbacca Bust-Up variant (pictured to the left) or the Bust-Ups Micro-Bust of Yoda. The next couple hundred folks will get one of six limited edition foil or chromium cover Star Wars comics for free.

We'll keep giving away bust ups and comics 'till we run out - but supplies are limited so don't wait too long!

*To qualify for the Star Wars Giveaway you must have at least $35 of in-stock merchandise in your cart at check out (DVD/VHS only order do not qualify for this giveaway). Additionally at least one item must have Star Wars in the product title.