Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227784 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #1110 on: July 21, 2019, 03:26 PM »
I’m pretty sure when I see them I’ll buy them anyway. They do look really good. Very curious on their long-term plans here. I’d love a Sorceress in this style, and the Laser Power He-Man and Skeletor would really be neat. But if it’s just 1982 through 1984 characters, meh.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 18, 2019, 08:06 PM »

A new series by show runner Kevin Smith was announced today at Power-Con. It’s said to take place after the original cartoon. I can’t wait for this.  :) :D :o

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 18, 2019, 08:09 PM »
And also a few new Origins reveals. I was skeptical about this, but know I won’t be able to resist them.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 25, 2019, 08:28 PM »
I know I'm likely in too. I was already pretty much sold when they showed off the SDCC exclusive, but the Battle Cat pretty much seals it. My favorite as a kid, and still today. Wish it wasn't a year away  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 29, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Not sure if this should be it’s own thread or not, but here goes.

I found the Sky Sled w/Prince Adam and Battle Cat today. This line is slated to hit  August 1st both in store and online, so let the hunt begin...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 31, 2020, 12:31 PM »
Not sure if this should be it’s own thread or not, but here goes.

I found the Sky Sled w/Prince Adam and Battle Cat today. This line is slated to hit  August 1st both in store and online, so let the hunt begin...

Thanks Ben, good to know. Did you try to buy them? Just curious if there was a register lock or if it was worth braving our local Wal-Mart. I’m personally pretty excited for this line. I know we just had an incredible run of MOTU Classics figures, and I really love that line, but the retro toy feel of these is really neat. I at least have to get He-Man and Battle Cat, the ones that started it all for me.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 31, 2020, 03:30 PM »
Yup, I was able to buy them. I haven’t found any single figures yet, but I keep looking. Well, I keep checking Brickseek anyway. Trying to hunt toys during this time isn’t very easy.  :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 31, 2020, 05:07 PM »
Actually after I saw your message, I swung by our closest Wal-Mart while out and about. That store had two Battle Cats, but nothing else. Overjoyed to find the Battle Cat though. Really like the packaging on these, haven’t had a chance to open it yet. Hopefully the figures themselves aren’t too tough to find. They seemed to have quite a bit of peg space ready for them at least.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 3, 2020, 11:56 PM »
Figures sighted at a Walmart in Wisconsin, so keep your eyes peeled.  A few Walmarts in MN have empty pegs all up and down the aisle like they're getting ready for a reset. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 4, 2020, 09:30 AM »
Still empty pegs here, but the Star Wars pegs right next to the MOTU setup was bare too, so no surprise there. I did find a pretty good deal on He-Man and Skeletor on eBay, so those are on the way. I probably wouldn’t have caved if there wasn’t a pandemic on.  :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 4, 2020, 10:17 AM »
Still empty pegs here, but the Star Wars pegs right next to the MOTU setup was bare too, so no surprise there. I did find a pretty good deal on He-Man and Skeletor on eBay, so those are on the way. I probably wouldn’t have caved if there wasn’t a pandemic on.  :P

I’ve been tempted to eBay those two as well, but the prices were too high a few weeks ago. I was kind of hoping “the launch” would have included restocking online as well, especially since He-Man and Skeletor are supposed to be open orders. Empty pegs at our closest store as well, but to be honest I don’t necessarily want to keep stopping there to check either. Hoping they aren’t too tough to get.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 4, 2020, 02:23 PM »
Where should I look for these in a Walmart? Regular toy aisle or that weird Neca section in Electronics?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 4, 2020, 03:07 PM »
Where should I look for these in a Walmart? Regular toy aisle or that weird Neca section in Electronics?

They are in the regular action figure aisle.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 7, 2020, 09:29 AM »
Hit the jackpot this morning, scoring all six figures in the first wave.  ;D Found the Minis too, so I got He-Man, Skeletor, and the Slime Pit He-Man.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 7, 2020, 10:33 AM »
Hit the jackpot this morning, scoring all six figures in the first wave.  ;D Found the Minis too, so I got He-Man, Skeletor, and the Slime Pit He-Man.

That is awesome Ben! I’ve been trying to use Brickseek to track these down, but I seem to keep missing them by just a bit. I did manage to get a Skeletor yesterday after work, so now I have Battle Cat and Skeletor. Hopefully they will continually be getting stock in. Nice score!