Author Topic: Target 2023 TVC The Mandalorian Trio - Axe, Koska, Migs  (Read 5246 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Target 2023 TVC The Mandalorian Trio - Axe, Koska, Migs
« on: February 14, 2022, 08:46 PM »
Target exclusive. Fall 2022 release.  Pre-order tomorrow, 2/25 at 1pm ET

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH KOSKA REEVES Figure
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Fall 2022)
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature vintage-inspired packaging and original Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH KOSKA REEVES figure is inspired by the character in THE MANDALORIAN and comes with 3 entertainment-inspired accessories, including a removable jetpack and helmet, that make a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Highly articulated with fully poseable head, arms, and legs, the figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections and features premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation. Available exclusively at Target. Preorder beginning 2/15 at 1pm EST.

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH AXE WOVES Figure
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature vintage-inspired packaging and original Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH AXE WOVES figure is inspired by the character in THE MANDALORIAN and comes with 3 entertainment-inspired accessories, including removeable jetpack and helmet, that make a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Highly articulated with fully poseable head, arms, and legs, the figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections and features premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation. Available exclusively at Target. Preorder beginning 2/15 at 1pm EST.

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH MIGS MAYFELD (MORAK) Figure
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature vintage-inspired packaging and original Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH MIGS MAYFELD (MORAK) figure is inspired by the character in THE MANDALORIAN and comes with 2 entertainment-inspired accessories, including a removable helmet, that make a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Highly articulated with fully poseable head, arms, and legs, the figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections and features premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation. Available exclusively at Target. Preorder beginning 2/15 at 1pm EST.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 08:49 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target 2023 TVC The Mandalorian Trio - Axe, Koska, Migs
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 08:52 PM »
I LOVE all threes of these.  Great looking figures.  I live in MN, land of Target, so hopefully they are easy to get.  :)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 08:52 PM »
Those look so sweet.  I’m not looking forward to the pre-order mess, but these figures look awesome!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 09:06 PM »
I LOVE all threes of these.  Great looking figures.  I live in MN, land of Target, so hopefully they are easy to get.  :)

For real!  Three, all new figures, all good choices. All nicely done. 

Maybe there’s hope for this line yet!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 09:32 PM »
Dammit....target exclusives.  Why does Hasbro hate us so much????
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 10:43 PM »
They look great!  I look forward to hearing celebrations from the 2-3 people that got them prior to preorders selling out. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 12:12 AM »
Are these definitely target exclusives?!  Usually they don’t do a full wave of brand new high quality sculpts and have them as exclusives.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 01:43 AM »
Dammit....target exclusives.  Why does Hasbro hate us so much????

Yup.  Same feels.

That said, they’re awesome looking and I want Miggs in his underworld and prison outfits too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 02:17 AM »
Figures look fantastic. Not loving that they are Target Exclusives either, but I am in for sure.

Side note... I hate the marketing jargon they've been using so much lately: "Comes with 2 entertainment-inspired accessories." Bleh, just say accessories.
"This is the way."

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 06:53 AM »
Are these definitely target exclusives?!  Usually they don’t do a full wave of brand new high quality sculpts and have them as exclusives.

Exclusives make sense to me since the only new pieces are heads.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 09:18 AM »
Huh.  I guess I didn’t really think of that.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 09:20 AM »
Exclusives make sense to me since the only new pieces are heads.

There are some minor tweaks besides the new heads (like the modified belt on Koska), but these are the the type of repaints we should be getting.    I don't mind the occasional "we sculpted a new OT head and gave it photoreal deco to give you the 412th version of Luke" but it's way more fun when they smartly reuse sculpts like this to give us all new characters that make sense.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 09:24 AM »
These do look amazing.  But I share peoples dismay over these being Target exclusives.  The last Target exclusive offering was a complete cluster****.  And we're still waiting on numerous Target exclusives to ship in the Black Series, the Droids figures as well as TVC.

Even if these are kitbashes, they look REALLY good.  As for the differences?
-Is the Koska Reeves body identical to Bo-Katan?  The only difference I noticed (aside from the head sculpt and paint) is that Bo-Katan has holsters for two blasters - Koska has one
-The armor on Axe Woves and the Death Watch Mandalorian look almost identical from a sculpting standpoint.  Axe Woves doesn't have the rifle that the DW Mando has.
-The Din Djarin (Morak) figure's body looks nearly identical to the Migs Mayfeld

The card art is solid on Axe Woves and Mayfeld.  But I think they could have done better with Koska Reeves.

I've seen some social media groups decrying this kind of kitbashing.  But it also seems like the ultimate exercise in splitting hairs - they thought that using legs from a couple of different Lando figures on Bib Fortuna and Lobot made them "not completely new figures" - to which I say, what a bunch of whiny man-babies!

This kind of kitbashing?  I'm okay with it in this instance where it works.  Koska's armor is a lot like Bo-Katan's.  The DW Mando armor from the season 1 flashbacks very well could have been re-purposed for Axe Woves in season 2.  And the Imperial Transport Trooper uniforms?  Well, there's a reason why they're called UNIFORMS.  I think the end goal of getting great figures of cool characters has to be a major consideration here.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 09:29 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 10:17 AM »
I get grumpy when kit bashing gets you the 48th variation of Darth Vader I don't want, but when you kit bash for an all new figure that was on screen (not random Gaming Greats) I get pretty stoked. 

I'd love if they created a Quarren figure and kit bashed / repainted the heck out of him to make a whole crew.

I'm more than okay with new heads with new body paint jobs that get you meaningful new characters.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2022, 10:43 AM »
Maybe in a few years I'll nitpick, but right now, I'll happily buy these kitbash. They look fantastic and a far cry from the abuse they committed on TBS Krrsantan.