Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 178665 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #495 on: September 13, 2005, 10:56 AM »
I'm hoping we'll begin to see more of these show up as well, or even, any of these ;).  We had the Anakin set hit Target and Wal-Mart in the same weekend about 3-4 weeks ago, and those have since totally sold out in town.  No sign of the Clone or Sith packs yet, but hopefully these won't be too "limited" and they'll hit in decent quantities throughout the rest of this year and through the holiday season.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #496 on: September 14, 2005, 01:02 AM »
I'm highly concerned about the distribution of the Evolution sets, it's been almost a month now since I got the Anakin set and that has been the only time when I saw any Evo set. All the Targets in my area continuously have the item not in stock and haven't really gotten much new in stock in a few weeks. Wal-Mart is stocking some stuff, but now with the exception of the two "Jedi vs" Battle Packs, they haven't stocked anything in the 3.75" scale in 2 weeks. TRU doesn't even have a space for Evo sets, but has over 2 dozen of the Hoth battle packs. Normally, when something hits my area I start seeing evidence of it all over within a week or two, whether or not I find what I'm looking for. Around me the 500th Vader, Battle Packs, and Target TIES are relatively easy to find, but not hide nor hair of any of the Evo sets. It's becoming a bit worrisome since this is the only thing I really want for the remainder of the year.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 14, 2005, 12:41 PM »
The distribution does seem a bit odd. I would have expected the Anakin set to be clogging the selves before we saw the Clone set, let alone the Sith set. But, all of my stores have been getting these in one case at a time and they have been seeling almost instantaniously.

I still have yet to see the sith set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 14, 2005, 01:22 PM »
I have yet to see the Clone sets either... yet a guy I know put all four of them he saw at a local Walmart on layaway about 2 weeks ago.   ::)

:P

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #499 on: September 14, 2005, 02:30 PM »
I have only seen the clones once.  I got both packs and got screwed on the 2 lefties AOTC clones.  I was hoping to return them for good sets but have been carrying them in my trunk for over a week now.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 14, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Well at least you have them, I have not seen any for the life of me and e bay prices suck ass, I would keep the error clone and he might be worth some bucks down the line.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 15, 2005, 02:43 AM »
I've been finding these things just about everywhere I go. I found 10 of them today, 2 of them last weekend, 4 the weekend before that. I've given some away, am trading 2, returned one, opened 6.

This is in addition to the ones I already had - so, they're starting to pile up.

I found all 10 of these this evening at Walmarts - they were putting them out at each of the three stores I went to.

So, you guys might want to hit up Walmart in the morning.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 15, 2005, 03:04 AM »
My Wlamart's open 24 hours and gets raped by the scalpers that work at the postal distribution center next door. I rarely find anything there. I'm finally getting the clones in trade, thankfully.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 15, 2005, 03:09 AM »
My Wlamart's open 24 hours and gets raped by the scalpers that work at the postal distribution center next door. I rarely find anything there. I'm finally getting the clones in trade, thankfully.

Which Walmart is this?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 15, 2005, 03:20 AM »

Which Walmart is this?

Redlands. It's a real rare occurrence when I find anyhting worth a damn there.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #505 on: September 15, 2005, 04:30 AM »
And Pittsburgh is still 100% dry on Evolutions.  They were sporatically spotted, you hear a report about one or two cases showing up at most, but never any big payday on these and they sell immediately it seems.

I'm SOL on finding them at retail but SithLordChaos helped me get a set.  Now I'm just onto getting doubles and any additional extras I want.  I'm not very hopeful on these for some reason, but keep hoping they show up like VOTC some day and just pile up on us.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #506 on: September 15, 2005, 03:02 PM »
I have only seen the clones once.  I got both packs and got screwed on the 2 lefties AOTC clones.  I was hoping to return them for good sets but have been carrying them in my trunk for over a week now.

I've bought 6 different sets of Clones and I haven't had that problem with a snigle set yet, your's must be an error. You could try writing Hasbro and see if they will replace it for you.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 15, 2005, 04:04 PM »
No errors or messed up figures to report in the 13 I've opened.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 15, 2005, 06:35 PM »
No errors or messed up figures to report in the 13 I've opened.

Damn, yo... I'm lucky I got 1.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 15, 2005, 06:49 PM »
I'm sharing the news today to take whatever lumps people want to give me over my alleged hoarding... I've got that many open ones - I've also shared 4 with other people and left a small number behind...