Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253789 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Questions for Hasbro?
« on: June 5, 2006, 05:49 PM »
This week, Hasbro will be starting a new weekly Star Wars Question and Answer feature on their website.

Every Friday, we get the chance to submit up to three questions that we would like posed to the Star Wars brand team.  All of the questions submitted by the Star Wars Collector Sites will be reviewed by the Hasbro Star Wars team and answers to a select few will be posted on www.Hasbro.com/StarWars on the following Friday afternoon. 

Though only a sampling of all questions received will be posted the website each week, Hasbro has promised to make their best effort to respond directly us with the answers to our submitted questions.  Of course, Hasbro may not be able to answer all questions every week (due to volume or questions that may otherwise divulge proprietary information related to future products).

What does this mean for YOU?  Well, we need your questions!

Each week we'll select up to three of the questions in this thread and submit them to the Hasbro Star Wars Team.  Once we start to get answers (or non-answers) back from Hasbro, we'll post them in a handy "2006 Hasbro QnA" Archive Thread!

So, if you have a burning question that you'd like to ask the Hasbro Star Wars team, please post it in this thread.  Please remember that we only get to submit 3 questions total each week, so please limit yourself to posting only a few "high priority" suggested questions each week. 

Thanks!

- The JD News Team
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Will there ever be the release of any playsets? They could be modular, a retool of the Vintage Death Star playset, anything.

Will we see a return of the Evolutions line anytime soon, and more Vintage-style VOTC/VSC figures?
« Last Edit: June 6, 2006, 03:36 PM by JediShawn »
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Wwe need a movie accurate mace windu electronic lightsaber.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

When exactly will we be seeing the release of a new, super-articulated, high-quality Mace Windu? Is this type fo figure on your to-do list, or has it even been mentioned at all?

Thank you,
Roton7
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Why do I have a feeling that Hasbro won't be answering our questions, instead answering questions that they create? Anyway, here's two for them...

In the 2006 figures, why has knee articulation been lacking?

Will we see hard-to-find figures such as Scorch and Commander Cody packed into future assortments?

Why is such cheap plastic used on certain figures like Battle Droids?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Actually you asked 3 questions :-X
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 5, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Will we see hard-to-find figures such as Scorch and Commander Cody packed into future assortments?

I'm not Hasbro, but the answer here is yes

Scorch will ship again at 2x per case in one of the Tatooine wave refresh cases - Saga Wave 5, Revision 2.

Commander Cody will also continue throughout the summer - he can be found at 1x per case in three upcoming case assortments:  Saga Wave 5, Revision 1; Saga Wave 5, Revision 2; and Saga Wave 6.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 6, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Will Hasbro ever be releasing a DH-17 blaster , with sounds of course ?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #8 on: June 6, 2006, 12:49 AM »
Let's see if we can get a question answered that doesn't involve "when will you make this character or that character?" ...

In the design process of action figures, when and why is the decision made to use "Cut-joints" at the elbows of figures as opposed to "Ball-joints" for the elbows? Each appear to require the same amount of tooling and materials, yet the superior  "Ball-joints" which provide a better playing and display experience for children and collectors are passed over for the choice of "Cut-joints." Can we look forward to a better quality joint for all future action figures?
« Last Edit: June 6, 2006, 12:50 AM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 6, 2006, 12:59 AM »
Dear,Hasbro can you give us more info on the Yavin wave & the rumored VTSC 2 that is rumored to be out later this year?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 6, 2006, 07:27 AM »
Will we ever get our Hermi Odle?

-Simdog-

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 6, 2006, 11:58 AM »

I'm not Hasbro, but the answer here is yes

Scorch will ship again at 2x per case in one of the Tatooine wave refresh cases - Saga Wave 5, Revision 2.

Commander Cody will also continue throughout the summer - he can be found at 1x per case in three upcoming case assortments:  Saga Wave 5, Revision 1; Saga Wave 5, Revision 2; and Saga Wave 6.

Thanks! I was unaware of that.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2006, 03:33 PM »
(1) Does Hasbro ever look at what customizers make?  Like for instance, does something like this inspire them at all to make some more realistic playsets or outsource it to another company like they did with the 12" figures?

:)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 9, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Hasbro, What are the plans for future Choopers, Unleashed Battle packs, H&V line and Transformers?  Speaking for a lot of collectors, your time and energy would be better spent developing lines that people actually want to buy and not this junk!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #14 on: June 9, 2006, 03:59 PM »
So taking a look at the news post on the main page, I am assuming that Hasbro is picking questions from a pool submitted by multiple sites (I see that RS is doing this as well). So that means the odds of any of our questions getting answered is severly reduced since they are not taking 3 questions from each site, but instead 3 questions total from all sites.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot