Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 250014 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #675 on: June 23, 2016, 09:26 AM »
I've read reports that there may be a Season 7 and 8, both shorter (7-8 episodes each)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #676 on: June 23, 2016, 09:47 AM »
It's not only going to be just seven episodes, but they're the last seven episodes.

I read somewhere that there are two more seasons.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 23, 2016, 10:33 AM »
Same here. The article I read said two more seasons, but running about 7 or 8 episodes each.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 23, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Oh good - at least that means 13 or 14 episodes more... I thought this season was one of the two remaining ones and that it was just one short one.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:06 AM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #679 on: June 23, 2016, 12:09 PM »
I forgot to mention that in the aftermath of the Battle of the bastards, Ramsey proved Roose wrong when he thought that he'd never amount to ****.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2016, 07:11 PM »
LoLz.  Burn.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 24, 2016, 08:41 AM »
That may just be what happens to Kings Landing this Sunday. 

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #682 on: June 27, 2016, 08:43 AM »
SPOILERS!

Damn... Cersi is SAVAGE.  Holy epic victory.  I think I respect her now.

It's almost a shame Tommen had to be a wuss and ruin it for her.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 27, 2016, 09:20 AM »
How the **** did Varys get from Dorne to the middle of the ocean on a ship so quickly?  You'd think he would just wait until Dany came ashore to meet up with her.

Absolutely fantastic season finale, although it could have used some White Walkers to reinforce the main threat to Westeros.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #684 on: June 27, 2016, 09:39 AM »
How the **** did Varys get from Dorne to the middle of the ocean on a ship so quickly?  You'd think he would just wait until Dany came ashore to meet up with her.

What I hear is that shot was when the fleet was setting sail after congregating in Dorne and picking up the Martell fleet.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 27, 2016, 10:26 AM »
I like how Littlefinger is brooding in the background after everyone declares Jon Snow the king of the north.  Probably trying to figure out how to get Jon near the moon door, or otherwise get him out of the way. Or maybe he'll be the one to try and form a marriage alliance with Dany, hopefully only to get eaten by a dragon.  Glad to see Sansa tell him off.

I do love the bad ass that Arya has become.  I wonder if she will continue to roam Westeros exacting her revenge, or if she'll head back to Winterfell to be with her family.

Good stuff this season.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #686 on: June 27, 2016, 10:42 AM »
I can't see how Cersi's position could be any weaker.  The North is united behind Jon Snow.  Houses Martell and Tyrell have joined the Dothraki backing Daenerys.  What allies do the Lannisters have left?  The Freys, who just lost their lord and top heirs?  Cersi basically stands alone.  It'll be a short reign.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #687 on: June 27, 2016, 10:43 AM »
Did time skip or does Varys have teleportation powers now?  I'm leaning toward the time skip as the plot has really accelerated in the past few episodes

My absolute favorite part of the finale is the look Cersei and Jaime trade during her coronation.  Those first scenes and final scenes and looks were just riveting, this season was by far the best ever and I can't wait for Season 7

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #688 on: June 27, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Nice to finally see the backstory to the true heir to the throne! As i have always believed, the title (Fire & Ice) has always been about Jon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 27, 2016, 03:22 PM »
Glad to see that the R+L=J plot point has been fleshed out as much as it has.  I had always thought that it would be Howland Reed who would make the big reveal, and not Bran's greensight.  And what Lyanna said to Ned was true:  if Robert had known about Jon's true parentage he would have killed the child.  That's undoubtedly why Ned was so short with Robert in season 1 when they were talking about Ned's supposed mistress, "Wylla" while they were riding south on the Kings Road.  I wonder if this is going to be the extent of the reveals on this front, or if some of Bran's visions may eventually show us both Lyanna and Rhaegar together.

As for Cersei?  She's gone full-on Mad King with her actions.  For the entire series she has been trying to be like her father, Tywin.  She knew that Jaime never could be, and always underestimated Tyrion.  She saw Tywin to be ruthless no matter the cost.  And I suspect that she saw the Green Trial as her own Red Wedding.  But Tywin always seemed to have a goal in mind:  the betterment of House Lannister.  Cersei's paranoia combined with not being half as smart as she thought she was meant that she could never truly live up to Tywin's example.  Tywin was ruthless, but practical, and not beyond making a deal.  Not the case at all with Cersei.  She just doesn't get that part of it.  I think that as soon as Tommen saw what had become of the Sept of Baelor, while being guarded by Ser Gregor, he knew that she was responsible.  And that despite his own best efforts to take control of the crown, it might only be a matter of time until Cersei's paranoia would be directed at him.  She's a monster.  And I think Jaime saw that as soon as he walked into the throne room and watched Qyburn give her the crown.  I think seeing the devastation in Kings Landing and that look were the turning point for Jaime Lannister.  I think he saw echoes of the Mad King who he killed in an attempt to save Kings Landing during Robert's Rebellion.  And come season 7, I could easily see Jaime trying to link up with Tyrion and by extension Danaerys.  I can also see the possibility for history repeating itself for Jaime Lannister.

One of the most heart wrenching scenes of the entire episode was between Jon Snow, Davos and Melisandre.  And OMG, Liam Cunningham knocked that scene out of the park!  I would have cheered him on as he executed Melisandre for burning Shireen Baratheon at the stake.  But this seems like one of those moments where Jon Snow has grown.  The old Jon Snow would have let Davos take Melisandre's head then and there.  But I think he recognizes how murky this world truly is.  After his encounter with the Night King at Hardhome, I think Jon Snow knows that he may need the Red Woman again in the true war.  And now that Jon has been championed as the King in the North?  By none other than that little spitfire, Lyanna Mormont?  She's amazing.  And she shamed all of those Northern Lords in the biggest way.  But now the Starks look like they have some legitimacy in holding the North...much to the chagrin of Littlefinger, who looked very much like someone who had been used.  And that's very out of character, since he's the one who is usually doing the using.

I was a little surprised to see that Benjen got Meera and Bran back to the Wall so fast.  But it was pretty clear from Benjen's words that the Wall isn't just a great construct of ice.  Some form of magic is keeping the White Walkers from getting through the Wall.  I have to wonder if it's the same kind of spell that kept the White Walkers from getting into the cave of the Three Eyed Raven.  Because once the Night King touched Bran during his vision he was able to get into the cave.

I hope that Sam is able to get his Maester's chains before too long.  The Citadel looks incredible, as does the library.  And that dangling chandelier (or whatever it was) seemed reminiscent of something that's been in the show open for the whole series.  But the Maester who received Sam did seem like a bit of a jackass.  Still, when Sam informed the "receptionist" of his being dispatched it was a little funny while being a bit frightening at the same time.  The bureaucracy of it all was clearly meant to come across as absurd, but it also highlighted how the Night's Watch is REALLY removed from the rest of the Seven Kingdoms.  Jeor Mormont has been dead for some time, as has Maester Aemon, despite the records of the Maesters of the Citadel.  And it's easy to see how the real responsibilities of the Watch would seem outlandish and lead to crazy ideas like those that even Tyrion had when he visited the Wall in season 1.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:24 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback