Multimedia > The Original Trilogy

Return of the Jedi - 40th Anniversary

(1/2) > >>

P-Siddy:
I saw that Return of the Jedi will be showing in select theaters for about a week (4/28-5/4).  There're 3 near me that will be showing it.  Might have to catch it.

https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-return-of-the-jedi-40th-anniversary#:~:text=Starting%20April%2028%2C%20Return%20of,for%20the%20very%20first%20time.

Nicklab:
I caught a screening last night and it was an amazing experience!  The last time I had seen ROTJ on a big screen was in 1983 (for whatever reason I didn't see the Special Edition in theaters). 

Even now I was seeing new things in the frame that I had not noticed before.  And the image was perfect thanks to digital projection.  I could see things in Jabba's Palace that I had never seen before.  The same goes for things on the Death Star.  One notable thing I spotted was in the celebration montage at the end of the movie.  Like someone in orange.  At Cloud City.  Yeah.  Somehow, ICMG returned!!!!

Matt_Fury:
Three years ago they did the same thing for the 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.  Due to the Rona it was the highest grossing movie in America!

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on May  1, 2023, 08:23 AM ---I caught a screening last night and it was an amazing experience! 
--- End quote ---

I have tickets for tomorrow night.  Looking forward to seeing ROTJ on the big screen again!

McMetal:
I am going to see it Saturday with a live orchestra performing the Williams’ score.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version