Author Topic: VOTC - who handled these when putting them in the cases?  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
VOTC - who handled these when putting them in the cases?
« on: December 19, 2004, 02:41 AM »
Not sure how many folks have been paying much attention, but a disproportionately high number of my VOTC stuff has creasing in the cards when viewed from the back. 

I first noticed when I made a trade with a guy for four of them.  I thought maybe he was a bit rough on them (they were packed well, and no, no one from here) but before bitching about it, I checked some of my others.  Lo and behold, a fair few (maybe 30%+) had creasing. 

It's not been devastating, as I have decent copies of each so I've just selected out the worst cards to open, but these were not handled all that carefully when being put in the plastic cases, at least in about 1/3 of the cases.  Most of the damage is lower right hand corner when looking at the back, but I do have a few with creases more than 2 inches long running down the center, not associated with the bubble. 

I've got a pretty good selection to judge from as I have 3 complete sets, plus an extra Chewie and 17 extra stormtroopers to look at.  One set is minty-mint, the second is a little less than perfect, but ok, maybe 2-3 should be replaced.  Third set is openers, so that's cool. 

Anyone else notice this, or have I gone over the edge into absurd pickiness?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: VOTC - who handled these when putting them in the cases?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 03:38 AM »
i haven't noticed this and a cursory check of my votc cards does not show any creasing. but i am not at all surprised that this happened. hasbro packers in general are not careful with how they pack carded figures into shipping cases. recall to saga 03 when many bubbles were coming up crushed, that was due to poor case packing. i've opened up my fair share of shipping cases over the years, and I cannot recall ever coming across a case with a mint set of carded figures. of course with the VOTC line, you would have thought extra care would have been put into packing the cards into the plastic cases, but obviously hasbro QC was off their game.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Brent,

I have noticed this on certain pieces like Yoda.  I have yet to see a Yoda without a crease on the back of the card.

DBK

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 08:34 AM »
I've noticed this as well, especially with Yodas.  A number of the figures that I picked up had the crease, and I noticed more things like that once I opened them up.  Looking through the pegs at the stores, I noticed a number of the figures were like this....but like DBK said, I've seen it most often with Yoda too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 09:44 AM »
Ditto what these guys are saying, its a pretty common defect

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 09:56 AM »
I think it was this guy:

He seems to get around the SW compaines these days, from SWShop.com to Hasbro and back again...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 03:11 PM »
 I can't believe they let him do anything at all let alone put carded figures in cases.  It's employees like that who ruin our hobby.  Damn puppets.  When are they gonna learn?