Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259951 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #315 on: April 14, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Not a bad deal...  Wonder if they'll figure some way to keep Vintage out of the deal? :)  They always seem to.

Of course. All TRUs will be stocked with pegwarmers from wave 1-3.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #316 on: April 14, 2011, 11:38 PM »
I'd buy army builders from any of those waves at this price...  However, my TRU's didn't seem to have much from any of those waves except the bottom feeders...  Recarded figures with no updates like 4-LOM, or the truest pegwamers like Dengar and CCPilot (I like him, but I want no more of him either).  If I lucked into Endor Rebels or Magna Guards taht'd be outstanding...  Not likely, but outstanding.  Hell, my TRU's don't even have much from Wave 3, if anything.  Not even much Wave 2...  Mostly just Wave 1, which they've had since, well, Wave 1 was new.

Eat the green weenie TRU...  eat it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2011, 08:04 AM »
yar, pretty sure my TRU never even got wave 3.  I will pop in today just to see - but I have no expectations of picking anything up.  Maybe someone has not gotten the Rebel pilot sets will walk out with a pretty decent deal, but that is about it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2011, 11:41 AM »
According TRU's site, the Vintage Collection is included in the sale (for a change).  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2011, 11:39 PM »
Went to TRU today, they actually had a vintage stormtrooper, but with the greening helmet it's not even worth the half-off price of $5 to me. Their Clone Wars and legends selection wasn't much better. Even with the sale the Endor 4 packs come out to like $6 a figure, good, but not great (as in, if the sets were the $25 they should be, with one at half off).

But clearance is included in the sale. Got an Evolutions Rebels Pilots II and an Amidala set for around $24. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #320 on: April 16, 2011, 01:56 AM »
The green erases off easily if that's any consolation...  I'd have bought it for the sale price I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 17, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Target this week has select Star Wars (Thor and Iron Man) figures $6.99 each. ARF Trooper is shown, which says to me "NOT VINTAGE", but  who knows.

K-Mart has $6.99 figures, the ad shows Legacy carded Boba Fett  ???

TRU has 50% off Battle packs (looks like it's just the Legacy ones again) and the Y-Wings, as per usual they show what you wish they'd have (the hoth speeder bikes and the Imperial ARC 170), but will not have.

Meijer has Thor figures for $5 this week. Take that, Target.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:02 PM by scockery »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Been out of the loop lately, but all the TRU that I stopped at had was the CW Y-Wing for vehicles and for battlepacks the had the one with QuiGon, Anakin, Darth Maul and his speeder and the one with Vader, his operating table and two medical droids (no idea what those were titled...).  Oh well.

Great to see Star Wars stuff on sale again...
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #323 on: April 17, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Yeah, feels like forever...  Remember price matching too...  Worth giving it a shot to try and Match at Wal-Mart on vintage figures...  All they can do is say no, ultimately.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2011, 10:41 AM »
I bought a couple of TCW figures at TRU Friday with the buy one get the second 1/2 price deal and promptly returned them both to Target with an old $7.99 each receipt.

Instant $4 profit...not too shabby.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Not shown in their ads, but Target has the Geonosis Arena 2 packs for $6.99! (Yes, technically those Legacy releases...)

I actually found Series 2 sets, too. Where had they been for these past months?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2011, 08:16 PM »
A "funny" story, at least to those it didn't happen to, on the front page...  We got a mail from someone who tried to cash in on the 50% off battlepacks deal at TRU this week, and low and behold they wouldn't let him do it because the battlepack he wanted wasn't the Hoth Speederbike set...  I never saw this before, but if it were to happen anywhere then I can imagine it was going to happen at TRU (or K-Mart...  KM is really stingy sometimes and managers have a lot of say over how ads are enforced, or not enforced).

Seriously though, I haven't seen a blue packaged battlepack now since last year...  The store manager supposedly backed this up as well when an argument was made, and said that since it wasn't the pack pictured, they wouldn't honor it.

Wow.  TRU deserves to fail IMO.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2011, 11:53 PM »
Wow, that's awful.  The same thing happened to me at Walmart a few years back.  They had a wave of new figures in that weren't in the system yet.  They had them in the ad, but the blue shirts were concerned that the picture in the ad didn't match the figures I had.  I explained that there are doznes of different figures, but they ended up having to call a manager up, and he went with another employee back to the aisle to check the figures while I waited a good 10+ minutes at the register.  They eventually gave me the sale price, but it was a royal pain in the ass.

Just as a side note, I picked up one of the older BPs at TRU this week (Tatooine Ambush) for 50% off with no hassle.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2011, 11:54 PM »
I bought a couple of TCW figures at TRU Friday with the buy one get the second 1/2 price deal and promptly returned them both to Target with an old $7.99 each receipt.

Instant $4 profit...not too shabby.

I don't know...gas is 4.00 a gallon...did really actually profit?
 =)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2011, 08:52 AM »
I don't know...gas is 4.00 a gallon...did really actually profit?
 =)

The TRU is right on the way home between my office and work, and Target was maybe two miles away, so there was hardly any extra driving involved.

That's the nice thing about Richmond, everything is centrally located and easy driving distance for the most part.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy