Author Topic: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 8462 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 05:59 PM »
I noticed Morgan Elsbeth in one of the shots.  Wonder what her role will be?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 8, 2023, 12:54 PM »
Wednesday, August 23rd was announced as the release date.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2023, 04:13 PM »
Holy schnikes - new trailer

Lots of potential "spoilers" in this trailer.  If you want to go in stone cold don't watch it.  There was at least one thing that I totally wasn't expecting.

My level of spoiler is that if they put it in the trailer its okay to know about, but I don't want to go hunting behind the scenes photos, leaks, etc.  In general with the trailers for streaming content - if you see it in the trailer it'll be in the first episode or two, so I don't think anything you see here will spoil anything key later in the series.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2023, 08:22 AM »
That trailer does not get old!  And I'm looking forward to when the series drops in a big way.

Looking through the trailer, I'm pretty sure I spotted at least 2 shots that are from inside the Ghost.  One is Hera in the cockpit.  And the other looks like it's Sabine in the chin turret - which actually moves now!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 5, 2023, 11:04 AM »
So much eye candy in the trailers that have dropped in the past few days.  I think I even spotted a New Republic Star Hawk in one shot!

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: August 6, 2023, 06:01 PM »
So much eye candy in the trailers that have dropped in the past few days.

Yeah, especially this one - I don't want to name names for the spoiler averse, but it makes a lot of sense he'd be in the show if Hera, Chopper, and The Ghost are...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2023, 11:13 AM »
I've been surprised to see as much promotional content with Rosario Dawson that's been coming out over the past couple of weeks.  I guess the people at Disney and Lucasfilm saw the strike coming and worked with Rosario to record a lot of promos and conduct a number of interviews well before the SAG strike.  I was just listening to the second part of an interview with her on EW's Star Wars podcast, Dagobah Dispatch (good listen, BTW).

I'm a little surprised though, that with all of the video spots that have been dropping there is only one trailer available on the Disney+ platform right now.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2023, 06:59 AM »
I've been lagging behind with my REBELS re-watch.  But I just finished the episode in season 2 with the Purgil.  And I'm starting to feel like I have an idea where some of the story of AHSOKA might go.  I don't think it's a coincidence that Grogu saw the Purgill as he and Din Djarin were travelling through hyperspace in Mando season 3.  And I think I saw a shot in one of the AHSOKA promos with a Purgil in it.  Tie that all together with the search for Ezra?  And I think this is going to be really interesting! 

Now to try finishing my REBELS re-watch in less than 3 days!  Because evidently Dave Filoni is saying that REBELS season 4 is pretty important in the context of AHSOKA.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2023, 02:54 PM »
Keep going Nick, it just gets better and better! I had never watched all of the last season so I finally caught up on those last week and WOW. I am even more excited for Ahsoka now!

I’m glad people are rediscovering that show now because there was some great stuff in there. And great characters as well. Live action Chopper is going to be super popular I predict.   :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2023, 06:08 PM »
I saw the series when it first ran.  And this is probably my 3rd or 4th rewatch of the show.  I’m pretty well versed in it, but I feel like I always pick up something new with every viewing.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2023, 06:22 PM »
It looks like the premier has changed to tonight at 9PM ET / 6PM PT.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2023, 11:07 PM »
I'll save the spoilers for now, but I will say two thumbs up from me for each episode.

My daughter and I watched the Rebels finale at 7pm CT, then made some popcorn and watched Ahsoka at 8pm.  Amazing how the Rebels finale flowed right into Ahsoka.  Really glad I took the time these past few weeks to do a Rebels rewatch.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2023, 11:44 PM »
My daughter and I watched the first two episodes too.  Very solid beginning. 

The writing and story all held together very well.  Hopefully it stays that way.

Not sure why The Mandalorian season 3 and BoBF have been so all over the place, but this seems coherent so far.

I still need to go back and rewatch some more of Rebels and refresh my memory.  I watched a couple of the episodes with Ahsoka, but need to watch more.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2023, 01:17 AM »
Wow. What a love letter to Rebels fans! All the stuff on Lothal was excellent, loved seeing Clancy reprise his role as Ryder Azadi, loved the Loth cats, the tower, all the little details were just spot on.

Have to say, as great as all the actors were, I still think MEW was not a great fit for Hera. Natasha did a great job mastering Sabine I thought, David Tennant reprising his role as Huyang was perfect and you knew Chopper would be awesome. I think it helped a lot having Dave there to guide those interpretations. Just not sold on Mary yet. Maybe I just need more time to warm up to her.

Everything looks very promising overall so excited to see where it all goes!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2023, 10:48 AM »
I only watched the first episode last night.  Great stuff so far!  And Clancy Brown reprising his role as Ryder Azadi?  Yes, please!!!!

It was also good to see some familiar designs - the speeder bike from REBELS, the E-Wings, and the Eta class shuttle.

And does anyone else now want an army builder pack of HK-87 droids????
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 11:03 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback