Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 1909 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2020, 03:02 PM »
Will be interesting to see what they do with a ... captured Moff.  Got to imagine there is a pretty good bounty/reward for Gideon if they can get him to the New Republic.

Despite trying to blaster his head off, I'm surprised he didn't have a back-up suicide apparatus similar to Captain Titus Welliver since (I would assume) Gideon would know more secrets about the Empire and its plans, especially those tanks filled with Strand-Casts they found on Nevarro.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2020, 04:08 PM »
I see Gideon as the saving his own skin at any costs type. Not the suicide in an act of what's best for the empire type. Doesn't seem like a Moff move.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 1, 2021, 01:26 AM »
Late to the party and haven't commented much, but holy cow, this whole season. And that finale! I didn't believe they'd actually have the guts to get Luke out there, and still didn't believe until I saw the lightsaber handle followed by the hood removal. I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear or two of joy/excitement. THAT is the Luke we all wanted in the Sequel Trilogy, just wrecking shop for a few minutes and doing all sorts of cool Force stuff.

For some reason all of my friends seem to think Gideon killed Bo Katan, but I thought she was clearly shown at the end? If anything, I'd guess that the Sasha Banks Mandalorian was killed.

I'm really intrigued to see where they go for Season 3. There's no way Disney gives up on Grogu just yet. So I'm wondering if we get a time lapse, or build through the season to some sort of reunion.

Those mooks, Gideon shot at Sasha Banks' character, but even she survived.
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 2, 2021, 09:24 AM »
Moff Gideon shot Bo-Katan.  Koska Reeves was initially standing closer to where Gideon was sitting, but moved closer to the blast doors as the Dark Troopers were battering it.  Bo-Katan was looking at the monitor watching Luke in action when Gideon pulled the blaster and shot her.  It seems like the Beskar in her armor took the brunt of it, and Gideon also shot Din Djarin in the process of trying to kill Grogu.

When I first watched the episode it seemed like there was the possibility that Moff Gideon might have killed Bo-Katan.  I know that I was distracted by Luke continuing to cut through the Dark Troopers.  But when I watched again I saw Bo-Katan get up.

Gideon's exchange with Bo-Katan about the Darksaber seems to have made Din Djarin's world significantly more complicated.  Bo-Katan made it clear that she wanted to face Moff Gideon.  And Din Djarin was fully prepared to give the Darksaber to Bo-Katan.  But Gideon's knowledge of the Mandalorian customs associated with the Darksaber indicates that if anything, Din Djarin is potentially in line to be the ruler of Mandalore having won the Darksaber in combat.  If Gideon had killed Bo-Katan things would be a bit more clear-cut.  But it seems clear that Bo-Katan wants to rule Mandalore.  So will she continue to be an ally, or become an adversary of Din Djarin?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 4, 2021, 06:06 PM »
But it seems clear that Bo-Katan wants to rule Mandalore.  So will she continue to be an ally, or become an adversary of Din Djarin?

It will be interesting to watch this play out more next season.  I have been re-watching the last few seasons of Rebels and there is an episode where Bo-Katan turned down the sword from Sabine, saying something to the effect that she is not meant to rule Mandalore ("I am not my sister).  Curious to see if that's changed or if she is trying to get the blade back on behalf of someone else.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 4, 2021, 06:42 PM »
Could be that she just wants the Darksaber to be owned by a Mandalorian who is going to restore the glory of Mandalore.  She might actually be okay with Din Djarin, but my guess is that she doesn't consider him a "true Mandalorian" as he's not from there and never been there.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 5, 2021, 01:58 PM »
I got the impression that Bo-Katan was not pleased to see Din Djarin walk in with Moff Gideon in his custody while holding the Darksaber.  And it seemed like she REALLY wanted to find it when she was questioning the Imperial Captain in "The Heiress".

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 5, 2021, 03:08 PM »
Yeah nothing about her character ever had me thinking that she just wants some Mando to rule, she wants to rule.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 7, 2021, 11:19 AM »
I keep coming back to Din Djarin's realization that he was the member of a cult.  He has removed his helmet, which means that he can't return to the Children of the Watch.  And it looks like he's also going to be at odds with Bo-Katan who wants the Darksaber.

Bright side?  It sounds like Din Djarin might have just gotten paid a pretty hefty bounty for bringing in Moff Gideon alive.  Who wants to bet that he buys himself another Razor Crest?  LOL

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 8, 2021, 10:28 AM »
I think Bo-Katan wants the dark saber to reunite Mandalore.  That doesn't necessarily mean she wants to lead, but maybe the symbol is something the scattered Mandalorians can rally around.  Its not clear to me if the Empire still holds the planet or if its just a total wasteland, but clearly it looks like they need to retake the planet somehow given the need for the cruiser. 

I just re-watched the season finale this week and realized that the other Mando was WWE's Sasha Banks.  That's the problem with trying to not read anything about the series for fear of spoilers I guess.  I thought she did pretty well - couple of nice acrobatics in the fight scenes, though I don't get the braids-wrapped-around-your-forehead look.  I thought that was some kind of headset the first time I saw it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today