Author Topic: GameStop Black Series 40th Anniversary 6" R5-D4  (Read 10701 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: GameStop Black Series 40th Anniversary 6" R5-D4
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Got it.  Misread that one. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Gamestops are selling the preorders and then trying to offer store credit since they have no clue when the figures will be stocked.

I'd definitely turn down the store credit.  If they don't know when or even if they'll get the product, I'd hate to be stuck with something I don't want or need.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 04:42 PM »
I went to another GS today and they had the shipper, but no R5. Didn't know what it was, couldn't help me or themselves to find out but labored very hard for me to buy their overpriced figures. Um, no.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2017, 05:42 PM »
I have hit up about a dozen Gamestops in the past 24 hours stocking up on $5 Jyns, and only saw 2 that even had the shipper and R5 was long gone of course. And when I asked if he would be back, they said they didn't know.  :P

I'm really glad I pounced on one the first day they hit because this one seems like it might be a royal pain.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2017, 07:16 PM »
When I was looking for R5 at my local GameStop they pointed me to two different stores that had them in stock.  And when I got to one of those stores?  The R5 I got wasn't on the pegs, and the clerk asked if I had a pre-order.  I didn't have one, but he gave me an R5 anyway.  I really hope I didn't take one that had been reserved for another customer, but GameStop should have some policies in place to make sure those pre-order reservations are fulfilled first.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2017, 08:03 PM »
Did pre-ordering to store save shipping?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 12:29 AM »
When I was looking for R5 at my local GameStop they pointed me to two different stores that had them in stock.  And when I got to one of those stores?  The R5 I got wasn't on the pegs, and the clerk asked if I had a pre-order.  I didn't have one, but he gave me an R5 anyway.  I really hope I didn't take one that had been reserved for another customer, but GameStop should have some policies in place to make sure those pre-order reservations are fulfilled first.

When I reserved my R5 at the store they sent me a very non-specific e-mail saying "they would hold the item for a period of time".  At first I assumed I had 24 hours to get my item, but when I re-read the e-mail it was so non-specific it made me think they could easily put it back out after only a few hours, so I hustled to the store and grabbed it ASAP.

Its the first time I've ever purchased anything from GameStop, or reserved anything from GameStop.  That and the challenges I had with cancelling my pre-order lead me to believe its really not a terribly well run place without a lot of controls in place. 

So I guess I might sort of feel bad that they gave you someone else's "reserved" item, but it could have been reserved for a week or it could have been reserved for a few minutes, and based on their policies it appears to be first come first served.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 06:50 AM »
So I guess I might sort of feel bad that they gave you someone else's "reserved" item, but it could have been reserved for a week or it could have been reserved for a few minutes, and based on their policies it appears to be first come first served.

To me it was a question "IF" they may have given me someone else's preorder.  Based on the fact that people have been posting that GameStop stores haven't honored the pre-orders I have to think that it's a possibility.  Especially considering the exchange that I had with the store clerk.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 09:34 AM »
When I reserved my R5 at the store they sent me a very non-specific e-mail saying "they would hold the item for a period of time".  At first I assumed I had 24 hours to get my item, but when I re-read the e-mail it was so non-specific it made me think they could easily put it back out after only a few hours, so I hustled to the store and grabbed it ASAP.

They have definitely changed their preorder policies over the last few years. In the past, they would tell you they hold preorders for 48 hours. But the last preorder I had from them, GTAV in 2013, they sent out an email saying you HAD to pick up your preorder at the midnight release, which was pretty inconvenient.

All of this was well before they started selling collectibles, and given the horror stories so far, it might be easier to just call different stores before going hunting.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 12:22 PM »
I've had a lot of interaction with Gamestop over the last few weeks after not getting in to pick up my R5 in time, then struggling to find one locally.  Here's what I found:

• All the stores I called seemed to have gotten 2 R5's in stock.  Most sound like they sold out same day
  • Across 5-6 stores, everyone I spoke to thought this was the only shipment they were getting
  • If you reserve an item on the site, the standard hold is 24 hours, but sounded like they could put it back out at the end of the day if you don't show.  It's not any kind of formal hold system.  They just have a drawer behind the counter for holds with a post-it note, so it's probably pretty easy to nab someone else's hold items (accidentally or on purpose)
  • Gamestop does let you pre-order items for store pickup to save shipping, but I don't know if that was an option for R5.  The site says "Not available for Pick Up at Store" on the Battefront II Trooper
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2017, 12:09 AM »
I stopped by my local Gamestop after work and inquired about the figure. They had no clue what I was talking about, and only knew about the BF2 TIE Pilot. I pulled up the listing on their website, but it wasn't even listed in Gamestop's computer. They told me "it might be some online only thing" and to try that, but the website says unavailable.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2017, 12:15 PM »
I stopped by my local Gamestop after work and inquired about the figure. They had no clue what I was talking about, and only knew about the BF2 TIE Pilot. I pulled up the listing on their website, but it wasn't even listed in Gamestop's computer. They told me "it might be some online only thing" and to try that, but the website says unavailable.

It's not available online anymore.  If you call around to a few stores, you can likely get someone who can search the area to see if its in stock, then call to have them hold it.  The guys on the phone had trouble finding it too - I think they might have to search for "R5-D4" and were missing the dash.  I was able to find a few stores to do that locally, though the only store they could find one at is 45 minutes away.  Luckily I got help from a local with an extra, but they should be able to find it for you if there's any left where you live. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 8, 2017, 06:36 PM »
I have an extra one to trade for an X-Wing Luke...PM me if interested  ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy