Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337152 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #1110 on: October 22, 2013, 10:21 PM »
I ran by our newly renovated 5 Below last night and picked up Commander Fox, Rex, and a Phase II Clone for $5 a pop. Did not see any new vintage stuff though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 25, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Snagged Chewbacca for $5 at 5 Below, that was the last halfway interesting figure they had.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 5, 2013, 01:42 PM »
Stop the presses!  :P

I came across some interesting finds at Marshall's today. Apparently they are getting back in Clone Wars Class II vehicles again now. I saw and purchased Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter, and the Republic Artillery Cannon for $14.99 each. All were cherry boxes in the SOTDS packaging. This was very suprising to me as I'd thought we seen the last of these.

I checked 3 different Marshall's stores at lunch too. The first had the Cannon and Anakin's JSF, the second also had the Cannon plus Kit Fisto's JSF, and the third had nothing but green Yoda packaged stuff.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Swamp Speeder again for sure, or the Jedi Turbo Speeder, or even the Mandalorian Assault Shuttle. There could be some cool stuff showing up out there...curious to hear what other find.

ps - you heard it here first, this will be breaking news on some other site's front page in another week or two I predict.  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1113 on: November 5, 2013, 02:11 PM »
lol @ the bottom line.

That is news...  Never heard of the Cannon Wave of Class II's hitting there.  I will pop in this weekend perhaps.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 6, 2013, 08:54 AM »
Cool news, I too thought those 2011 vehicles were finished after TRU's two-packs last year. Guess not. Time to hit some discount stores!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1115 on: November 6, 2013, 03:41 PM »
I'd like another cannon though its kind of tiny.  I would like to put some blast armor on it to change up its look and make it into an anti-armor gun rather than a longer range gun...  Get it out of looking like its just a tiny version of the big cannon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 13, 2013, 09:59 PM »
The 5 Below near me must have just restocked with more Clone Wars figures, I saw a sea of Anakins, Yodas, and Phase I clones on the pegs today after work. Even better though, I found a Clone Commando Boss, plus another Fox. I bought those on the spot. Nothing else interesting to note.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 15, 2013, 02:47 PM »
I picked up a second Artillery Cannon from Marshall's for $15. I saw they also had 3 Republic Troopers battlepacks for $12.99 each. I'd pick that up on clearance maybe, but not at that price.

Doesn't look like either of the stores I checked had re-stocked on Class II stuff since they first hit.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1118 on: November 15, 2013, 03:57 PM »
Love a 2nd cannon but its tough to even make the effort to go to the store.  Which republic troops pack?  I wish I could find some of those ones with the arc trooper.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 15, 2013, 10:13 PM »
It's the one with the Bomb Squad Trooper, Hardcase and Cadet Cutup. It's not a bad set at all, but I already have an extra laying around in my customize/swap/sell pile which I'm pretty sure I got months ago for something like $5 or $6.

I saw another 2 sets at a different Marshall's after work, so they must be shipping again. No other battlepacks in sight, just that one.

I also saw some more Class II stuff - Anakin, Obi Wan and Kit Fisto's JSF, nothing different.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 16, 2013, 11:28 PM »
After quite some time of not caring about not having a Clone Commander Fox figure I saw pictures of it for the first time (I didn't realize I hadn't before) and couldn't help but like the look so I added one to the collection.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 21, 2013, 10:05 AM »
Stop the presses!  :P

ps - you heard it here first, this will be breaking news on some other site's front page in another week or two I predict.  ::)

Two weeks...totally called it.  ::)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 24, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Nothing really note-worthy, but I have picked up another 6-7 Commander Foxes over the past 3 weeks courtesy of 5 Below. I think I have 10 of them carded now, more than any other figure I own. Probably would make more sense to army build the plain troopers, but I have a soft spot for the last official US released TCW figure, I guess.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 31, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Final Clone Wars purchase of 2013...the last AT-RT Class I set I could find at any of the local Targets, for $13.48 on clearance. This is still higher than the ones popping up at Marshall's a few weeks back, but those have since dried up and I feel like I may not get too many more chances at this set. I really wanted the ARF Trooper for a custom piece I have in mind.

It's cool to still see random TCW figures still hanging around town here and there but I'm thinking we won't be seeing them this time next year and that's a little sad. I guess the Rebels figures will be out by then to ease the pain though.  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 3, 2014, 03:08 PM »
Picked up Republic Commando Boss and Aayla Secura who mysteriously popped up at the 5 Below across town among the sea of Anakins and Clone Troopers.

Of all those 2012 figures that keep trickling out, the one I have NEVER seen since is Scuba Ahsoka, that had to have been the rarest figure of the whole Maul packaged line. Even Wolffe and Rex I was able to snag extras of later on, but not her.