Author Topic: Andor (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 12254 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Andor (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2022, 08:55 PM »
Wow, lots going on in that episode! And Colonel (?) Yularen!

Was not eager to revisit Ferrix again but the scenes with him and Ma were good.

And man, I bet that whole BS with the Shoretrooper is gonna seem way too familiar to a lot of people.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2022, 03:10 AM »
Man... I have LOVED this show so far. Keeping it short for now but I feel like this is the Star Wars series I've been waiting for 22 years+ (since Lucas first said he wanted to make a Sopranos-like show). I've loved the 'slower' pacing, and the fact that it took until episode 7 for us to even seen a Stormtrooper.

And yeah, I was very excited by Yularen. The wife was confused by why I was randomly so excited by some old white dude, but she knows who I am by now, and she has loved the show so far too. I am very excited to see where this goes over the next 5 episodes + next season.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2022, 12:01 PM »
Cassian's encounter with the Empire made the oppressive nature of the regime all too clear.  And I agree, McMetal.  That scene with the Shoretrooper was uncomfortable, but absolutely echoed current events.  Which is actually a good thing.  Art is supposed to hold a mirror up to society.  And that scene did it really well.  All while teasing the possibility of K-2SO making his way into Cassian's story.

But I think this is the point in the season where the story will lead to the stark white environments seen in the trailers.  At first I thought it was supposed to be some kind of factory / clean room environment.  But it looks like it's supposed to be a prison!  And the whole aesthetic there has bigtime THX-1138 vibes going on.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2022, 12:26 PM »
I read that the Shoretrooper was voiced by Sam Witwer.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2022, 08:40 AM »
I do love the twist of fate where Cassian really doesn't give a hoot about the rebellion and his only concern with the Empire is how he can live under the radar and keep stealing stuff.  He was keeping his nose clean with his stolen loot and is randomly oppressed and imprisoned where I assume he'll develop his hate for the empire.  I'm guessing a few more people important in his life may get screwed too in future episodes.  But I love that he isn't a born Empire hater and rebel operative.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2022, 09:41 AM »
K-2S0???

Probably not.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2022, 10:08 PM »
Okay, this episode was all kinds of cool... especially with the appearance of certain characters who I'll not name yet.

Also, another appearance of a vehicle that Hasbro could easily repaint and sell.  ;)

EDIT: Does anyone know what they were building on Narkina 5?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 10:12 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2022, 02:16 PM »
Okay, this episode was all kinds of cool... especially with the appearance of certain characters who I'll not name yet.

Also, another appearance of a vehicle that Hasbro could easily repaint and sell.  ;)

I bet I know who one of them is! But to be fair, I only learned that from Twitter after the fact. Very cool though.

Great to see Andy Serkis in a live action role too.

How dumb was Bix for not just running away as soon as she saw all the troopers around her friend’s place? I was like what are you waiting for girl??

I’m not sure what they were building either but for some reason I kept thinking it was parts for a Probe Droid.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2022, 02:20 PM »

You'll have to post the names in another day or two. 

I think I heard a Rogue One rebel trooper's name in the prison factory, but there were probably some at the dinner party I missed. 

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2022, 03:44 PM »

I don't know for sure. I can't tell if we should know or if the units are generic. I was wondering if it might be internal foot machinery for AT-ATs but I doubt we could recognize that.
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2022, 03:47 PM »
If you watch the episode with the captioning on you catch some things that you might not notice otherwise.  Like that one prisoner who is on Cassian’s work team. 

As for what they’re building?  It looks like it could be some kind of Walker parts.  Because it’s really heavy duty!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2022, 10:07 PM »
I think I heard a Rogue One rebel trooper's name in the prison factory, but there were probably some at the dinner party I missed.

Pretty sure it was the same actor as well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2022, 09:15 AM »
I think you got what I was referring to, Dave. And I believe it is the same actor.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2022, 12:08 PM »
I checked IMDB and it is the same actor. 

Enough time has passed that if you're reading this thread and didn't watch the show you're going to see a spoiler or two.

Ruescott Melshi is the character that is in the prison with Cassian and was one of the rebel assault troopers in Rogue One.  I didn't rewatch the episode, but is he also the guy that is doing sign language across the tubes?

Overall I really liked the episode and it set up a lot of the broader populace rebelling against the heavy hand of the empire.  I hope we don't spend too much time at the prison, or at least get to the jail break planning portion quickly. 

I kind of like that we don't even know what the prisoners are building.  Heck, maybe they're just shipping their built widgets to another side of the factory where they're dismantled and it keeps going in circles to keep the prisoners busy and beat down by the forced labor.   Although I do agree that it could be the inner part of AT-AT or AT-ST feet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2022, 01:04 PM »
Ruescott Melshi is the character that is in the prison with Cassian and was one of the rebel assault troopers in Rogue One.  I didn't rewatch the episode, but is he also the guy that is doing sign language across the tubes?

I think the tube sign-language guy is one of the other prisoners at his table. (Taga?)

It was interesting to see Melshi - Not only is he part of the Scarif team, I think he is one of the guys who gets a shovel to the face trying to rescue Jyn from Wobani prison planet too.

I kind of like that we don't even know what the prisoners are building.  Heck, maybe they're just shipping their built widgets to another side of the factory where they're dismantled and it keeps going in circles to keep the prisoners busy and beat down by the forced labor.   Although I do agree that it could be the inner part of AT-AT or AT-ST feet.

Part of me wonders if they would go full circle and make them some kind of Death Star parts to even further tie it into Rogue One in a heavy-handed way?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender