Author Topic: 2023 TVC Boba Fett's Starship  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
2023 TVC Boba Fett's Starship
« on: July 22, 2022, 05:15 PM »
The Star Wars The Vintage Collection Slave I Boba Fett’s Starship is here! Just revealed at #SDCC, this new addition to the Star Wars The Vintage Collection features realistic detail and is available for pre-order beginning tomorrow at 5:00pm ET on #HasbroPulse!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 01:56 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2022 TVC Boba Fett's Starship
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 05:20 PM »
The pack-in looks nice... but this is a pass. I don't need a duplicate ship and am not dropping $200 for a single loose Fett figure. Can we please just get a new Fett on a normal card at standard prices? Enough of the Fett price markups already.

(Thanks for the image size edit Jeff, I always forget how to do that...)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 05:34 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 05:33 PM »
Oh for ****'s sake.  Again with Slave I?   You already tricked me into buying this sculpt a third time for the stand, I refuse to make it four of these.  ::)

- 2010 TCW Jango
- 2013 TVC Boba
- 2020 TVC Boba (repainted + stand)
- 2023 TVC Boba (repaint + stand + Tython Fett)

I really hope they are not greedy enough to keep that Tusken/Tython Fett exclusive to this ship...  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 05:43 PM »
It's nice.  I really like the Fett.  But I already have the TVC version so I will probably pass on this.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 06:59 PM »
I was wondering just the other day if we’d ever get TVC Fett in his robes. Ugh.

Years ago, we were looking at figure variations. Now we contemplate buying ships because of the changes...  :-\

But, damn, extra points to the person who posed and photographed Fett.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 07:01 PM by Jedi Idej »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 07:01 PM »
This Fett had better be available without me having to buy a Slave I that looks almost exactly like the Slave I I already bought, which was a replacement for the nearly identical Slave I that I bought a few years ago.

I feel like Star Wars collecting has basically become something like...

DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 07:03 PM »
This Fett had better be available without me having to buy a Slave I that looks almost exactly like the Slave I I already bought, which was a replacement for the nearly identical Slave I that I bought a few years ago.

DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS DARTH VADER BOBA FETT MANDALORIANS...

Don't forget the Clones!
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 07:13 PM »

I bet you weren't thinking it'd be an exclusive pack-in for an expensive ship though.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 07:14 PM »

Don't forget the Clones!

Oh, yes!  You can't forget to send in the clones!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2022, 08:13 PM »

I bet you weren't thinking it'd be an exclusive pack-in for an expensive ship though.

Kinda makes the $21 Target Fett reasonable by comparison.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2022, 10:41 PM »

But, damn, extra points to the person who posed and photographed Fett.

That would be Matthew Cohen, an amateur toy photographer who has gone by ShootingTheGalaxy over on Instagram for years (he and I had a deal where we would trade Cardboard Galaxy displays for his awesome promo photos of said pieces.)

Hasbro hired him earlier this year, and his stuff has been all over Pulse lately. I am super proud of him, and he would be appreciative of the notice.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 10:42 PM by Muftak »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2022, 10:49 PM »
I’m probably going to just pay $100 for one of these…or buy a set and sell the ship…

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2022, 01:10 AM »
Still can't believe this version is +$50 more than the one that came out just a couple years ago... #bobafetttax

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION BOBA FETT’S STARSHIP
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $199.99/Available: Spring 2023)

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature original vintage-inspired packaging and Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH BOBA FETT’S STARSHIP is inspired by the Firespray starship’s appearance in THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT live-action series on Disney+. A powerful pursuit craft made famous by Jango Fett in the days of the Republic, this ship was inherited by Boba Fett for his career as a bounty hunter. With realistic detail including an opening cockpit, functioning landing gear, separating wings, and a ladder accessory, this Boba Fett’s Starship toy is the perfect gift for kids ages 4 and up and can be displayed action figure and vehicle collections. Includes vehicle, stand, Boba Fett (Tython) figure and 3 entertainment-inspired accessories. Available for pre-order 7/23 at 5PM ET at Hasbro Pulse and additional fan channel retailers.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2022, 01:15 AM »
If anyone wants just the ship and wants to divvy this up with me shoot me a PM!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2023 TVC Boba Fett's Starship
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2022, 01:59 AM »
Darth Anton did a great interview on his YouTube channel with Patrick and (I am spacing the guy’s name) a designer at Hasbro. He asked about the pack-in for this ship. It will be uncarded in the box, but it sounded like there’s a strong possibility of it showing up in the main TVC line as a single release somewhere down the road, like the Klatoonian Raider just did.

I think I’ll try to be patient and wait it out for that to happen.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 02:06 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."