Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 6101 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2023, 11:00 PM »
From what I read over the weekend, the analysis from people who follow all the behind-the-scenes stuff points to the storyline that Favreau had planned out relied heavily on the plotline for Cara Dune / Rangers of the New Republic

I can see that.  That is probably where the "Dr. Pershing Rehabilitation" and the "Carson Teva investigates" stuff came from - it was probably planned for the New Republic show and is now kind of just shoe-horned into Mando S3 to get some key story bits in (Moff Gideon related I guess) despite the clunky structure.

Favreau said in February 2023 that he's already done writing Mando Season 4, so I hope re really does know what he's doing and where this is all going.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2023, 06:08 AM »
From what I read over the weekend, the analysis from people who follow all the behind-the-scenes stuff points to the storyline that Favreau had planned out relied heavily on the plotline for Cara Dune / Rangers of the New Republic, and once she was kicked out of the franchise against his wishes, Favreau basically threw up his hands and put in as little effort as possible to correct course. So I guess that goes a long way to explain why everything seems to be a jumbled mess as far as the season's overarching storyline.

With Favreau running the show and writing the lion's share of the episodes himself, I do expect storylines to mesh and have some kind of consistency of quality...but I guess that's not going to be the case so much if he was forced to excise a main character after the fact and didn't want to play ball, I can understand how things got sloppy.

I'm not sure how much stock I put in that rumor.  Because it sounds like something that would come out of certain circles of "fandom" that use the term "Disney Star Wars" as a pejorative. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2023, 10:07 AM »
I don't know how much of that is true.  I could see Favreau doing something like that as a strong arm tactic to get Gina Carano back (he wrote the Cara Dune character specifically for her), but I think Rangers would work better with Carson Teva taking the lead.  Even if he did something like that, I doubt he would let the overall product suffer...why give the Fandom Menace something to grift on purpose?

I think the louder online voices are a bit fickle at times.  John Favreau is one of the people that helped bring the MCU to life....have a little faith that he knows what he's doing.  I'm not saying anyone has to like what I like, or that I even know anything more than anyone else (probably less since I avoid spoilers like the plague!)  I'll reserve judgement on this season until I see were it ends up.  A lot of the things I've seen this season that people are complaining about (besides the cameos which I admit bring me out of the episodes a little bit) seem like set-up to me so I'll wait and see what the payoff is.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2023, 05:34 PM »
From what I read over the weekend, the analysis from people who follow all the behind-the-scenes stuff points to the storyline that Favreau had planned out relied heavily on the plotline for Cara Dune / Rangers of the New Republic, and once she was kicked out of the franchise against his wishes, Favreau basically threw up his hands and put in as little effort as possible to correct course. So I guess that goes a long way to explain why everything seems to be a jumbled mess as far as the season's overarching storyline.

With Favreau running the show and writing the lion's share of the episodes himself, I do expect storylines to mesh and have some kind of consistency of quality...but I guess that's not going to be the case so much if he was forced to excise a main character after the fact and didn't want to play ball, I can understand how things got sloppy.

I'm not sure how much stock I put in that rumor.  Because it sounds like something that would come out of certain circles of "fandom" that use the term "Disney Star Wars" as a pejorative.

Agreed.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2023, 01:54 PM »
Wow!  That was an episode straight from the beginning.  Lots of potential figure material in this episode (whether Hasbro makes them is another thing).  Lots of connections being made.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 01:55 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2023, 08:50 PM »
Wow.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2023, 11:25 PM »
Just watched it.  Finally, an episode with some actual movement to it.  Loved this one.

That Gilad Paelleon made the jump from Legacy to Canon is awesome. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 11:26 PM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2023, 09:24 AM »
Agreed.  A very solid episode from beginning to end.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2023, 10:20 AM »
Deluxe IG-12 with Anzellan droidsmith(s) just jumped to the top of my most wanted list.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2023, 10:41 AM »
Deluxe IG-12 with Anzellan droidsmith(s) just jumped to the top of my most wanted list.

Yes, but you'll get IG-12 with Grogu instead.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2023, 10:52 AM »

I'm sure we'll get both versions, probably not removeable driver though.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2023, 11:12 AM »

I'm sure we'll get both versions, probably not removeable driver though.

And they'll be deluxe now (even though we got IG-11 single carded and it's just a tweaked upper torso).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2023, 11:50 AM »
Whatever it takes to get a 3.75" Anzellan figure/accessory.  I think they can get IG-12, Anzellan Droidsmith, and Grogu all into a $28 deluxe pack.

Get it done, Hasbro.  You can then turn around and double-dip a repaint of the Anzellan as Babu Frik in a $28 C-3PO w/Sith Dagger, and Babu-Frik deluxe set. 

#badbaby #nosqueezie

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2023, 11:59 AM »
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I had flashbacks to when my children were infants playing with their electronic toys (I presume that was their intention).

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2023, 02:25 PM »
So based on the context and Hux Sr’s involvement, I feel like Project Necromancer has to be Snoke.

That whole Zoom meeting was fascinating. No idea who Pellaeon is but was the woman supposed to be Rae Sloane?

Moff Gideon is not drinking the Thrawn Kool Aid lol. And based on the fact the dude is never mentioned in the ST it seems like a safe bet he really is never actually coming back. Maybe he will just hang out on the Chiss homeworld and wait for the Vong to show up?  :D

So they were going to rebuild their homeworld with like 30 people? There have to be way more Mandalorians out there somewhere, right? At least Boba and Sabine for starters.

I guess that wasn’t the Mythosaur that erupted out of the ground but I sure thought it was going to be.

Funny to see the Praetorian Guards not getting their asses handed to them for a change. Also odd that they would have predated Snoke, but I guess they must be guarding someone else.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy