Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 5824 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2023, 04:09 PM »
I was dumbfounded with the Pershing side story. Can someone explain how he is in the amnesty program, assigned a number in lieu of his Imperial identity, specifically not allowed to follow up on his cloning research, yet when we first see him in the episode he is hosting a lavish and well-attended TED talk on Coruscant as Dr. Pershing, describing his imperial cloning research in detail? None of this made any sense to me and kept me from getting too involved I his story.

It was just written bad. I prefer when this show sticks with its pulpy action-adventure stories. I though Mando's character development at the end of last season was terrific, but it seems to all have been undone between seasons. Is the show really doubling down on cult=good after Din seemed to have his horizons broadened, and now they are saying joining a cult can be of benefit for Bo-Katan as well?

I did truly enjoy Pershing shout "it was a trap!" at the Mon Cal doctor who looked offended at the meme stereotype. Even my 13 year old was laughing at that one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2023, 04:48 PM »
LOL!  My daughter is 10 and even she got the "It was a trap!" bit.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2023, 04:58 PM »
The Pershing portion of the show was definite set-up for something else.  I believe it will be something later down the road in the Mandalorian and not necessarily in another show.  I also believe the Imperials we saw were part of Moff Gideon's forces...we've never seen all of his forces, just one mid-sized cruiser.  I have a theory that Moff Gideon's forces are part of what will eventually become the First Order and Thrawn's forces are being built up to aid the Chiss Ascendancy against the Grysk and Ezra is actually helping him now.

I did really enjoy what happened with Bo Katan this episode, while I don't expect her to stay with the Children of the watch as they are now, she seems to have found some belonging that's been lacking in her life for a while and she really does have a lot of respect for Din Djarin.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2023, 05:59 PM »
I was dumbfounded with the Pershing side story. Can someone explain how he is in the amnesty program, assigned a number in lieu of his Imperial identity, specifically not allowed to follow up on his cloning research, yet when we first see him in the episode he is hosting a lavish and well-attended TED talk on Coruscant as Dr. Pershing, describing his imperial cloning research in detail? None of this made any sense to me and kept me from getting too involved I his story.

Well said.  He's a TED Talk celebrity, but with a number and a mindless droid checking on his mental state.  :D

I really hope none of the shows (Mandalorian, Rangers, Ahsoka, etc.) spend any significant time on the failings of the New Republic that led to the rise of the First Order.  That is something I am willing to just accept without knowing any of the backstory with any of it.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2023, 04:47 PM »
One thing that I found distracting in this week's episode was the casting of Elia Kane by the actress Katy O'Brien.  She's incredibly buff with giant shoulders and looked like she was stalking Dr. Pershing in some scenes ready to rip his head off.  I guess she is a martial artist in real life, but it was a bit distracting at times how she carried herself in some scenes.  Maybe they've got a really good set of weights in Moff Gideon's cruiser.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2023, 08:33 AM »
There's definitely something going on. In the clips from previous episodes she's talking to someone on holo, and she says "what do you have for me?" I never paid attention to it originally, but after last week's episode it's clear there's a deeper story there. She wasn't talking to Gideon, so who was she talking to? Is she Republic Special Ops? Sith Eternal? Working for Thrawn? It feels like they were setting up some stuff even last season.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2023, 04:50 PM »
There's definitely something going on. In the clips from previous episodes she's talking to someone on holo, and she says "what do you have for me?" I never paid attention to it originally, but after last week's episode it's clear there's a deeper story there. She wasn't talking to Gideon, so who was she talking to? Is she Republic Special Ops? Sith Eternal? Working for Thrawn? It feels like they were setting up some stuff even last season.

I always thought she was talking to the mechanic on Nevarro who was working on the Razor Crest.  I guess it could've been someone else.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2023, 06:13 PM »
I definitely thought Kane was talking with the Mimbanese mechanic on Nevarro.  He planted the tracking device on the Razor Crest which enabled Gideon to track down the Mandalorian on Tython.  I don’t think it was any more complicated than that.  In fact I think you could even see the mechanic in the hologram she was looking at.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2023, 03:09 PM »
Ah ****, you're right. I completely forgot about that guy.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2023, 03:41 PM »

Go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2023, 10:13 AM »

Go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.   ;D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2023, 08:48 PM »
Bah.  Short episode that was basically a giant monster battle, which I generally find pretty lame.  This was slightly better than normal giant monster battles, but still pretty pointless in moving the plot forward.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2023, 09:34 PM »
I thought it was pretty solid.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2023, 10:02 PM »
My wife thought it was lame that the kid somehow made it at least a day and a half without being eaten but I guess I didn't even think about that when watching.

I have so many questions about Grogu's PTSD flashback - I think that was my favorite part of the whole episode.  Complete with the call back to the "don't touch the mountain" scene from last week...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2023, 10:12 PM »
I have so many questions about Grogu's PTSD flashback - I think that was my favorite part of the whole episode. 

I forgot to mention this.  This was pretty awesome with the Ahmed Best Jedi character saving Grogu and racing away in the Naboo Starship.  By far the best part of the episode.