Author Topic: 2023 TVC Wave 3 (New TVC Wave 29)  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2023 TVC Wave 3 (New TVC Wave 29)
« Reply #15 on: February 2, 2023, 08:57 AM »
I like the look of Piett, but that promo shot is making me laugh.  It looks like he was farting and just **** his pants a little bit.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #16 on: February 2, 2023, 09:56 AM »
I would definitely buy a trooper builder pack with the white clones, but yeah, buying the single carded figures is expensive. Piett is a much-needed upgrade.

0% interest in Starkiller.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 2, 2023, 11:50 AM »
Is Piett's cap removable?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 2, 2023, 12:09 PM »
It is removable.  They called it a "fricton fit".

There's evidently some confusion about the code cylinders.  The figure in the blister doesn't match the beauty shots for Piett.

I got a chuckle out of the blaster.  Because it looks like this Imperial Officer blaster that I only remember seeing with some select POTF2 Imperial officer figures.  I don't know if it's ever been shown on screen.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2023, 12:10 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 2, 2023, 12:52 PM »
Is Piett's cap removable?

It is removable.  They called it a "fricton fit".

That's cool.  Thanks for the info!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: February 3, 2023, 01:22 AM »
And a big ol' meh again for me...

Piett I think looks great -- HOWEVER (beating the dead horse further) -- We've known he's been coming for a while and that we will be swimming in officers soon (including the probably Piett variants). Which I am mostly happy about, but it does mean we will get these instead of other new characters.

Starkiller - Pass. I'm bummed it is a straight repack with no updates to the headsculpt. I feel like they also could have updated the cardfront logo to use the TFU logo used on the stormtrooper commander.

The Clone looks great... but I have plenty of white clones already. I may grab 1-2 but that's going to be it. I'll probably also go very light on all the future repaints.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 3, 2023, 05:16 PM »
While I'd prefer variation in body type, more imperial officers is the one place I'd like to see a mold get used a bunch. 

Especially if they can use it to give us a few new ones.  Maybe they can tweak it to give us some First Order officers - Canady or Pryde would be awesome... paint it white and do a new Death Star meeting room thing...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: February 4, 2023, 01:25 PM »
Yularen and Tarkin are two officers in particular that I'd like with this new body. Motti is also screaming for an update, as is Veers. I hope they can possibly have new legs at least for some of them to give variations to the heights.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 4, 2023, 02:40 PM »
Yularen and Tarkin are two officers in particular that I'd like with this new body. Motti is also screaming for an update, as is Veers. I hope they can possibly have new legs at least for some of them to give variations to the heights.

I am aware the Officer Onslaught is on the way. I hope they knock a bunch of identifiable faces in a 4-pack.

Motti is probably my most wanted resculpt in that field.

Watch that leg swap wish, you'll either get Bith pockets legs or General Lando legs!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 4, 2023, 04:18 PM »
I am aware the Officer Onslaught is on the way. I hope they knock a bunch of identifiable faces in a 4-pack.

That's the best case scenario.  I could also see them doing a Death Star Briefing room pack like they just did with the Cantina band.  Bonus points if they make the table.  They could even include that new Vader they're going to murder us with.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 4, 2023, 05:02 PM »
My only hope is that they can mold these in white and do a few different Andor ISB officers - Dedra, Lonni, etc.

I'm not sure I need any more OT officers.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 4, 2023, 05:41 PM »
My only hope is that they can mold these in white and do a few different Andor ISB officers - Dedra, Lonni, etc.

I'm not sure I need any more OT officers.

I hope they don't do this foe Dedre... not only does she deserve the full TVC treatment, she'd be weird looking with Piett's body.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 5, 2023, 07:36 AM »
I think there's a laundry list of Imperial officers that we can expect Hasbro to take on with the new Piett body.  Moff Jerjerrod was already announced as a pipeline reveal.  As for others?

-Director Krennic is such an easy choice.  There's only 1 x 3.75" figure of Krennic.  And with the way season 1 of Andor ended?  He's likely to come back in some capacity.

-General Valin Hess - He had such a great scene in "The Believer" in season 2 of The Mandalorian.  And Hasbro has been systematically working their way through that particular episode.  Valin Hess ties that all together.

-General Veers - The most recent Veers figure dates back to 2006 in The Saga Collection.  Some people regard the TVC 1.0 AT-AT Commander as Veers.  But I think General Veers needs to be in TVC in large part because he's the officer shown on that Kenner Imperial Commander Cardback.

-Admiral Ozzel - Let's face it.  His SAGA figure is garbage.  It's almost 20 years old.  Make Ozzel!

There are a number of others from the OT that seem worth making.  Pick anyone from that Death Star conference scene, the bridge of the Executor, or the Battle of Endor.  But I think some of the ones I listed might be the priorities.

As for others from ANDOR?  Colonel Yularen, Major Partagaz and Lonni Jung seem like decent candidates.  So does the officer in command of the Imperial detachment on Ferrix. 

But Dedra Meero?  She is totally deserving of new tooling.  She's a central character in ANDOR.  And there are other female Imperial officers that can be made from that tooling.  Because that seems to be the driving force behind new tooling - it's capacity to be re-used for future releases.  Moff Gideon's comm officer is one of the notable onscreen officers, and so is Taala Durith from the OWK series.  Governor Pryce from REBELS is another, albeit animated.  As for others?  There's Rae Sloane, Ysanne Isard and Juno Eclipse.  You might even expand the idea by making an Iden Versio in Imperial officer uniform instead of the Inferno Squad combat gear.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 07:38 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 5, 2023, 10:58 AM »
We’re probably also finally going to get a Rogue One, Cassian Andor in imperial uniform disguise figure too. 

This is definitely because I made a custom one a few months ago.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 6, 2023, 07:53 PM »
I'm definitely interested here really in that new Admiral Piett sort of action figure.