Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199256 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #165 on: July 1, 2005, 02:20 PM »
So i guess thats it, 2 chase figures. This could be problematic, people may be making fakes and selling them off as real. Anyway, it's pretty cool, i guess Luke shouldnt be far along. I am actually surprised they did't do Luke first.

You would think that Luke would be done first to follow the vinty line unless he's going to be another carded figure ala Stormtrooper. Still can't figure out why the Froot Loops Han Trooper.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #166 on: July 1, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Darn. I hope I get Han in my box 'cause I don't trust the scum on eBay... :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #167 on: July 1, 2005, 02:43 PM »
OK, I realize the Han Trooper figure could be easily customized/faked, but why are we all getting paranoid about fakes all of the sudden?  Is there a history of fakes with other Kubrick lines, and are the clear Kubrick baggies that the figures come sealed in easily re-created?

I guess it'll depend on the rarity of this figure, but if it's just 1/48, or better, going through all the trouble of combining an old Han and a new Stormtrooper and recreating the sealed baggie, just doesn't seem all that worth it to me...  :-\

Or maybe I'm just being naive here.  I dunno...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #168 on: July 1, 2005, 03:33 PM »
So i guess thats it, 2 chase figures. This could be problematic, people may be making fakes and selling them off as real. Anyway, it's pretty cool, i guess Luke shouldnt be far along. I am actually surprised they did't do Luke first.

Yeah, going to have to be real cautious (sp?) of fakes on these.
I agree, I`m suprised they didn`t do Luke first as well, being he was in the
vintage line and all.
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #169 on: July 1, 2005, 03:36 PM »
OK, I realize the Han Trooper figure could be easily customized/faked, but why are we all getting paranoid about fakes all of the sudden?  Is there a history of fakes with other Kubrick lines, and are the clear Kubrick baggies that the figures come sealed in easily re-created?

I guess it'll depend on the rarity of this figure, but if it's just 1/48, or better, going through all the trouble of combining an old Han and a new Stormtrooper and recreating the sealed baggie, just doesn't seem all that worth it to me...  :-\

Or maybe I'm just being naive here.  I dunno...

Bearbricks and  Kubricks are faked a lot from what I have read.
Logray, for example, has tons of fakes floating around now.
Most are hard to tell until you get them, some are not so hard. The fake Lograys
that tanyujun bought looked perfect in the photos, but he said he could tell
right away after getting them. Paint is different, texture and plastic feel.
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #170 on: July 1, 2005, 03:37 PM »
So it appears that Luke as Darth Vader to be the 1:48 and the Han Solo Stormtrooper to be the 3:48?  This makes sense can anyone confirm this?

Or it could be the other way around, I haven`t seen a definite word yet.
Adam

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #171 on: July 1, 2005, 03:50 PM »
You would think that Luke would be done first to follow the vinty line unless he's going to be another carded figure ala Stormtrooper. Still can't figure out why the Froot Loops Han Trooper.

Hi.  New here.  (This is an awesomem thread, by the way.)  :)

I think the reason Medicom did Froot Loops Han as a chase is because he was so rare in the 90s.  You know how much they love to pay hommage to Kenner/Hasbro.  All of their chase figures (and most of the other figures as well) have some reference to the old line.  (Must be BIG Kenner fans designing these little guys.)  Remember, series 3 had vinyl Jawa as a rare chase.  And that is, I hear, the most expensive Kenner figure to find carded.  Medicom is so cool.  I love trying to figure out how they think.  The Max Rebo set and old-style packaging.  The 400% Boba Fett and THAT packaging.  Think of the last three chase figures (in series 3).  Han in Carbonite got 'squinty-eyes' Han.  Put those side-by-side and you got what looks exactly like the 90s Carbonite Han figure.  Even the way you keep one inside the other.  Then, of course, the Jawa.  And then Wicket got his 2-pack buddy from the 90s, Logray, as his chase.  This is why I'm so pumped about the (hopefully 3) chase figures from this new series.  So far, Darth Vader is totally a Kubrick version of the talking 14" Hasbro one (and he's not even the chase, apparently).  The chase is the Luke/Vader figure Hasbro eventually put out a few years back.  Broken helmet and everything.  (The fact that theirs has a helmet you can completely take apart is probably to link it with the regular figure.  And probably their way of saying 'this would be even cooler - hee hee'.)

ANYWAY!  All this to say I love this thread.  I love that there's a bunch of Star Wars Kubrick fanatics like me out here.  Gonna be stopping by here a lot, I think.  :)

So, any predictions as to what might hopefully be the third chase?
:)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #172 on: July 1, 2005, 03:55 PM »

Hi.  New here.  (This is an awesomem thread, by the way.)  :)

I think the reason Medicom did Froot Loops Han as a chase is because he was so rare in the 90s.  You know how much they love to pay hommage to Kenner/Hasbro.  All of their chase figures (and most of the other figures as well) have some reference to the old line.  (Must be BIG Kenner fans designing these little guys.)  Remember, series 3 had vinyl Jawa as a rare chase.  And that is, I hear, the most expensive Kenner figure to find carded.  Medicom is so cool.  I love trying to figure out how they think.  The Max Rebo set and old-style packaging.  The 400% Boba Fett and THAT packaging.  Think of the last three chase figures (in series 3).  Han in Carbonite got 'squinty-eyes' Han.  Put those side-by-side and you got what looks exactly like the 90s Carbonite Han figure.  Even the way you keep one inside the other.  Then, of course, the Jawa.  And then Wicket got his 2-pack buddy from the 90s, Logray, as his chase.  This is why I'm so pumped about the (hopefully 3) chase figures from this new series.  So far, Darth Vader is totally a Kubrick version of the talking 14" Hasbro one (and he's not even the chase, apparently).  The chase is the Luke/Vader figure Hasbro eventually put out a few years back.  Broken helmet and everything.  (The fact that theirs has a helmet you can completely take apart is probably to link it with the regular figure.  And probably their way of saying 'this would be even cooler - hee hee'.)

ANYWAY!  All this to say I love this thread.  I love that there's a bunch of Star Wars Kubrick fanatics like me out here.  Gonna be stopping by here a lot, I think.  :)

So, any predictions as to what might hopefully be the third chase?

Hey, welcome to the boards!
I do love the way they nod to the older lines with the chase figures.
I`m thinking maybe Luke Storm will be a carded one this year. If so, it will
be the first carded figure I buy (and rip open!).
Another Han though, they must love him at Medicom. Maybe someone there
wants to be Han Solo or something, or its a huge inside joke the play on all
of use  ;)

Anywho, glad to see you made it over here!

Adam
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #173 on: July 1, 2005, 03:58 PM »
PS.
If they are doing 3 chases, wouldn`t it be a bitch if Luke Storm was the 3rd?  :o :o ;D
Adam

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #174 on: July 1, 2005, 04:07 PM »
Hey there, Sithb!  Good to see someone I know over here.  :)

Hee hee.  I think they probably plan to put out all the cool Han figures (from the old line) as Kubricks.  And there are a lot of variants from all the main characters for them to choose from.  So I don't worry about there only being a few Lukes, when there are so many Hans.  As a matter of fact, I'm hoping Bespin Luke will have a chase figure here.  Maybe he'll be Dagobah Luke.  Same pants, but with a tank-top.  Or maybe even a Stormtrooper Luke.  There was that Death Star Escape 3-pack from Kenner that included Luke and Han in Stormtrooper gear, with Chewie as prisoner.  (This one wouldn't be considered the Stormtrooper's chase, but the Luke chase.  Hmmm.)

But, yeah.  There'll be more Hans, people.  We have to accept that.  LOL
« Last Edit: July 1, 2005, 04:10 PM by nilito »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #175 on: July 1, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Welcome to JD, nilito!

Hi.  New here.  (This is an awesome thread, by the way.)  :)

As were the prior 5 Kubrick threads we had here.  We're on thread #6 now.  :o  (see the first post in this thread for a link to the 5 earlier ones)  You've definitely found the #1 home for Star Wars Kubrick fanatics here at JD though, so enjoy!  8)

...I'm hoping Bespin Luke will have a chase figure here.  Maybe he'll be Dagobah Luke.  Same pants, but with a tank-top.  Or maybe even a Stormtrooper Luke.

Those were a couple of the ones we were all predicting as chases too, way back when they first announced this series.  Maybe we'll get a surprise and find out there's still one more chase in store for this series here.  That'd be cool (though another tough one to track down probably).

So what's your Kubrick collection looking like?  Loose, carded, boxed, chases, all of the above...?
« Last Edit: July 1, 2005, 04:11 PM by JediMAC »

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #176 on: July 1, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, guys.  :)

My collection?  Well, not counting series 4, I got pretty much 90% of all the Star Wars Kubricks.  This means all three series, the Early Bird set, the Biker Scout Luke and Leia set, the Toys R Us set, and the Max Rebo set.  I also practically starved for a month to get my never-to-regret 400% Boba Fett.  :)  Now I'm just working on getting all the chase figures.  So far I got Indiana Jones, the 6 Cantina Band Members, Sandtrooper with the white thingy, vinyl Jawa, squinty-eyes Han, and (on it's way, I just won an auction) Logray.  (Fingers crossed.  Hope it's not a fake.)  I have decided to stay away from the carded figures and the any of the Boba Fett chases.  At least for now.  Although, I do have Hologram Leia.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2005, 04:27 PM by nilito »

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #177 on: July 1, 2005, 04:30 PM »
By the way, has a thread been started with predictions for series 5 yet?

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #178 on: July 1, 2005, 04:33 PM »
By the way, has a thread been started with predictions for series 5 yet?

I think a few pages back, when series 5 was announced.
This thread a exploded a few days ago when series 4 pics started leaking out,
so you might have to go back 6 or so pages.
Adam

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #179 on: July 1, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Hey, those were some fine guesses for series 5 chases.  Boushh Leia's almost certainly gonna be one.  Blue Snaggletooth too (with silver boots - hee hee).

My guesses:
- Yoda with a cloth robe and a snake
- Imperial Gunner's chase could end up being Grand Moff Tarkin (there was 2-pack 12" figure set in '97 - oh! and it also came with an interrogator droid, that could be Tarkin's accessesory..that would be awesome!)