Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 46025 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #30 on: December 4, 2015, 11:21 PM »
I saw Armor Up figures for $19.99 each at Kohl's tonight. It was so totally absurd, I could only shake my head.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 8, 2015, 02:38 PM »
You can't look at the Kohl's ticket price as any indication of anything.  There is ALWAYS a sale.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 8, 2015, 02:52 PM »
Yes, but it's Kohls.  Their price structure for EVERYTHING is ridiculous.  The regular prices are high, but most items always seem to be "on sale".  But those Kohls sale prices are almost always higher than the standard price of those items at other chains.  The sale price on those Armor Up figures will probably be $16.99 at least, and that's still at least $2 more than the standard price elsewhere. 
« Last Edit: December 8, 2015, 02:53 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 8, 2015, 05:04 PM »
I think it all depends on what the selection is and how many you're willing to buy.  The $19.99 price point does look absurd at first, but you can get down close to an item price that matches other retail IF you capture all the deals and buy at the multiples/price thresholds needed.  Their strategy is to make you feel like you're saving a lot of money, while getting you to increase your total basket purchase and make a return visit.  it's similar to what KB Toys used to do.  They would have price tags that Showed $8 for a $5 figure, then a red slash showing it as on sale at two for $10! 

The current offer @ Kohl's is 25% off everything and $10 in Kohl's cash for every $50 spent.  If you bought one figure, you'd pay $14.99 vs. $12.99 at someplace like Target.  Not terrible if you find something you really want.  If you bought four figures, you'd essentially pay $49.97 (including the $10 Kohl's cash), so that's like paying $12.49 versus $12.99 elsewhere assuming you come back to spend the Kohl's cash on something else.  Feels like a slightly better deal, but you don't really get the $10 off - just $10 towards a future purchase.  If you can stack a 15% off personal rewards coupon with the other items, then it starts to make more sense.

Compare that to buying a case at someplace like EE.  They have a case of 8 armor up figures for $109, so now you're paying $13.75 per figure - more if you can't get the free shipping. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2015, 12:11 PM »
Latest HasbroToyShop Promo Code - CHEER gets you 20% off with free shipping on most items...

Legal stuff:
20% off most products on HasbroToyShop.com through December 16, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET with promo code CHEER. Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. ©2015 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved..
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2015, 10:45 PM »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 01:06 PM »
If you have a "small" Target by you that carried the Millennium Falcon take a look for them. Target near me marked them down to $41 and change today.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 11:51 PM »
If you have a "small" Target by you that carried the Millennium Falcon take a look for them. Target near me marked them down to $41 and change today.

Are you talking about the one with the nerf gun in it?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 11:57 PM »

Are you talking about the one with the nerf gun in it?

Yes, sorry, Battle Action or whatever they called it with Nerf gun and Finn, Chewie, BB8. Was $140.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 12:19 AM »
Pretty cool getting that at $100 off!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 01:10 PM »
Latest HasbroToyShop Promo Code - SAVE10 gets you $10 off and free shipping on qualifying $50+ orders

Legal stuff:
$10 off purchases of $50 or more on most products currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com through February 8th, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET.  with promo code SAVE10.  Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Subject to terms and conditions of use and Hasbro­ToyShop.com policies. 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 01:49 PM »
Latest HasbroToyShop Promo Code - SAVE10 gets you $10 off and free shipping on qualifying $50+ orders

Thanks Jeff.  Now if only they will get some new stuff in stock worth buying.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: March 2, 2016, 10:07 AM »
Latest HasbroToyShop Promo Code - SPRING16 gets you 15% off qualifying orders

Legal stuff:
15% off most products currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com through March 14th, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET. with promo code SPRING16. Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. © 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 09:29 AM »
Latest HasbroToyShop Promo Code - APRILSHIP gets you free shipping on most orders of $25 or more...

Legal stuff:
Free Standard Shipping on orders of $25 or more on most products currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com with promo code APRILSHIP. Offer excludes purchases of HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. Other exclusions may apply. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Offer valid in continental U.S. only. Void where prohibited. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. © 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2016, 10:23 AM »
Save 20% off your qualifying purchases at ToysRUs.com with promo code FRIEND20 at checkout now through Monday, 4/25.

Click here to print coupon for in-store purchase

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:40 AM by Jeff »