Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 117707 times)

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #525 on: April 12, 2005, 10:50 PM »

>:(
Where's the love?
I'm sorry... please forgive...
BTW, GH is trying to meet at 9 on Wednesday at an Irish Pub after Hooters, so maybe we can move the party there after dinner?
You are starting to damage my calm.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #526 on: April 13, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Brent's actually gonna be free-ballin' it though, so that may, or may not, be of interest to some folks here...  :-\

Everytime I read throught this thread, I learn something else I didn't need to know...

Only one week to go... anyone else getting excited?  I've already started throwing a few things together so I remember to bring them along to C3!

Jeff 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2005, 01:58 PM »
I getting ready now as will started pulling money from my ING account and going to withdraw most of my saivngs at my credit union tommorrow.  I just need to pack and get some film for my camera.  Now I only hope my boss will allow me to have monday the 25th off since I won't be in state till 9pm. 
For anyone in Indy what is the weather suppose to be like in the next 7 days or so.  I being hopeful that your weather forcasters are better then Los Angels ones.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2005, 02:05 PM »
BTW, GH is trying to meet at 9 on Wednesday at an Irish Pub after Hooters, so maybe we can move the party there after dinner?

I don't think this is just a "dinner" gathering at Hooters, Shannon.  Like we mentioned a few times earlier, I'm anticipating the Hooters hoopla to go well into the night!  ;)

Where's the Irish pub at though, and how late will they be there?  I'd still like to jet out and meet those guys as well at some point, but I'm just expecting to be at Hooters for more than just a couple hours probably...

Any idea if they're possibly gonna swing by Hooters?  That'd be cool too...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #529 on: April 13, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Only one week to go... anyone else getting excited?  I've already started throwing a few things together so I remember to bring them along to C3!

Excited? Yeah. But I'm feeling like I'm running out of time. I have a few costume things I need to get done before Friday (a few of my outfits are shipping with Road Squadron this weekend and need to be ready to go).....and the rest I have to finish to check on the plane with me.

That and I haven't done anything smart like collect a list of things to bring, pay all my bills or any of that last minute crap that is going to hit me on Tuesday night.
Got Clones?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Brent's actually gonna be free-ballin' it though, so that may, or may not, be of interest to some folks here...  :-\

Everytime I read throught this thread, I learn something else I didn't need to know...

Uh, you aren't the only one learning about this at this late date.  If Matt's trying to request something here, I'm not overly willing to comply, though I may have to give Patty a call to chat about tendencies.  All of a sudden the SDCC comments are starting to become a little frightening too.  Maybe Jamie was the innocent party :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2005, 05:30 PM »
I think Brent's actually gonna be free-ballin' it though

Too much information, thank you. :-X

Beth

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2005, 07:35 PM »
The pub is near the con, too- as you read at GH...
So, either Wednesday or Thursday-we are going both nights- or planning to.
Don't know how late, but I know we are doing early line up on Thursday and I know that Burn gets in around 11 or so, so they are planning on seeing him at the room...
You are starting to damage my calm.

SilverZ

« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2005, 11:14 PM »
I don't think this is just a "dinner" gathering at Hooters, Shannon.  Like we mentioned a few times earlier, I'm anticipating the Hooters hoopla to go well into the night!  ;)

I hope we're not planning on staying at Hooters throughout the night. I'd be up for a bit of a crawl after a round or two.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 14, 2005, 08:58 AM »
Bob was kind to post this information over at GH and it should also be posted here on the Friends & Family Passes so you all know whats going on with them.

Our "Friends & Family" passes were designed with Star Wars Fan Club members who have families in mind. It's a definite improvement over the system for Celebration II, that required Fan Club members to buy a membership for each person in their family in order to let them enjoy Fan Club benefits.

Here's how the "Friends & Family" passes work:

Each member of the Fan Club who buys a 4-day badge for Celebration III will receive 4 passes. The passes will be shipped with the badge in the spring of 2005, close to the start of the event.

Each pass can be used once, and will be collected at time of use.

The passes will not be day-specific, so can be used on any day, at any time.

The passes are NOT admission badges for Celebration III, but benefit passes only. Each person who attends Celebration III will need their own admission badge.

Children under 6 are admitted free with their parents, and won't need to use Friends & Family passes.

The passes can be used for 1) entrance to the Convention Center during the "fan club only" hour before the center opens to the rest of the public. Once inside the center members can enter anything that is open during the special hour with no additional identification; or 2) Entrance into the Fan Club Lounge; or 3) One access to other Fan Club benefits if any are announced.

For example, if you are a Fan Club member and have a partner or child who is not, you may choose to get them in for the bonus hour each of the four days of the show. By turning in one pass each day they would not have extra passes to use for other benefits like admittance to the Fan Club Lounge.

To have full Fan Club benefits at all times during Celebration III, individuals will need to have their own memberships. We understand this is not a perfect solution, but it is an improvement that we hope our members will take advantage of and enjoy.

We understand that members don't need multiple Fan Club subscriptions in their homes, but it's a tough situation. We also don't feel it's fair to ask our volunteers and security folks to make judgment calls on whether pairs and groups of people are really families.

For those who are getting the Family Passes like me, use them wisely. I'm just going to use mine to get in early so we can do the line up for the exclusives.  ;)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 14, 2005, 03:53 PM »
All of a sudden the SDCC comments are starting to become a little frightening too.  Maybe Jamie was the innocent party :o

Darn right I was the innocent party, you be very careful around Matt. He gets you when you're sleeping...

On another note, I finally heard back from the customer service lady regarding my fan club lanyard being denied. She said that my membership to the fanclub was active through the May/June issue of the Insider...which shipped in March. According to her, that signified the end of my fanclub membership, and is why I didn't get my lanyard. I went ahead and renewed my membership and emailed her back, but no response yet.
Totally lame that May/June really means sometime in March  >:(

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2005, 03:54 PM »

I hope we're not planning on staying at Hooters throughout the night. I'd be up for a bit of a crawl after a round or two.

I agree with Jared! Drinking at Hooters is well and fine, but I want to get out and do some exploring too.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Only a week  :o ... oy. I'm not ready! Besides the obvious stuff like packing, I have to get my stuff together to get signed, hit the bookstore to pick up more to get signed, figure out what's going on when and formulate an organized plan of attack, etc. And I'm trying to juggle meeting a few online groups with visiting the activities I want to do.

BTW, a question -- I registered for my 4-day pass after the badges had shipped, so I have to go to Will-Call. I should still get F&F passes even though I'm doing WC, right?
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2005, 05:55 PM »
I agree with Jared! Drinking at Hooters is well and fine, but I want to get out and do some exploring too.

The only thought about that was that some people were going to be rolling in a little bit later than others, so we were going to stick around for a bit to try and catch everyone.  But I guess we can all just play it by ear...

BTW, a question -- I registered for my 4-day pass after the badges had shipped, so I have to go to Will-Call. I should still get F&F passes even though I'm doing WC, right?

I would certainly think so, but I'm not going to go out on a limb and outright confirm that though...  But I think you'll still get them.  I think...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2005, 05:57 PM »
Bumping the list of JD attendees back up here (in no particular order):

JediMAC
Nataku
Morgbug
Tydirium
Deanpaul
JesseJames
DSJ (& Membraneman)
JesseVader08
jokabofe
Kneel Before Zod
Chris Berry
jjks
Holographic Elvis
Jadesfire (& Jay)
Darth Shader
Princess
Hasbro's Missing Integrity
LandotheScoundrel (Friday only?)
Darth Broem (Friday only)
BigDumbWookiee
Josheee
Corran Horn
bobafett14
Bill Cable
Darth Kenobi
Famine
Vator
Valin Kenobi
knashdx
SithLordChaos
buffet1fan
whojedi
CloneF13Y35

Join the JD Party Train Wednesday evening at Hooters!  The rest of the nights will likely be happenin' too, but are stil TBD at this point, so we'll keep you posted on that.

- M