Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 250219 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #420 on: June 2, 2014, 04:59 PM »
The last scene alone was enough to confirm I should be watching this show. Epic!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 2, 2014, 05:56 PM »
Tyrion's expression as the Red Viper makes it personal is priceless.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #422 on: June 2, 2014, 10:08 PM »
Tyrion's expression as the Red Viper makes it personal is priceless.
My wife couldn't watch the last scene because she knew it was coming...I had to rewind it to show her Tyrion's expression and accidently rewound to his head laying with the brains all over and she yelled at me

I am still shocked at the amount of people that don't know what is coming...the next two episodes are going to be fantastic...but then...meh

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 2, 2014, 10:31 PM »
I LOVE that I don't know what's coming and that no one is safe - except Tyrion and Arya - I want to know that they will always be safe  ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #424 on: June 2, 2014, 10:51 PM »
I haven't read any of the books or anything Scott, though I want to...  I just don't have the time to devote to getting into a book and finishing it these days.  I've had 8 cars to fix, and I'm not a mechanic, haha.  That doesn't even touch on the houses between mine and hers, football with the kids and their offseason schedules.  And oh, yeah, work.  ::)

I'm amazed I get time to watch GoT even.  I squeeze it in though.

I'm just really annoyed right now I lose a character I really thought would be bigger going forward, now nada.  Buuuuuuuttttttttt, I guess he has a bro, and I'd think his bro is pretty po'd.

Did the Mountain die?  Got stabbed but did he die?  I assume that would be answered next week but couldn't tell this week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 2, 2014, 11:15 PM »
Did the Mountain die?  Got stabbed but did he die?  I assume that would be answered next week but couldn't tell this week.

The Red Viper got in a few cuts with his spear.  And he definitely drove the spear into the Mountain's body.  The Mountain was most certainly not dead at the end of the episode, but he's definitely in bad shape.  His eventual fate is very likely going to get expanded upon down the line.  But in the interest of keeping the discussion spoiler free I'll leave it at that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #426 on: June 2, 2014, 11:25 PM »
OK that was all I needed to hear (I like to stay spoiler free on it if possible).

I have a buddy who read the books and I'll ask him questions he simply refuses to answer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 2, 2014, 11:33 PM »
I LOVE that I don't know what's coming and that no one is safe - except Tyrion and Arya - I want to know that they will always be safe  ;)

I'd love to think that about a lot of characters, but after reading the books, I try not to get too attached to characters now, because like life anything can happen...  not saying anything about Tyrion and Arya... just in general.

Just like pretty much everyone in the story has a good side and a dark side... there are a few exceptions to this being that a character's time in the story is limited so they come off one-sided, so to speak.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 2, 2014, 11:38 PM »
Yeah....  After Ned got beheaded, it was pretty clear that NOBODY was safe.  EVER.

That being said, do I think that George R.R. Martin has a plan for certain characters?  Yeah.  But I also think he's fully prepared to bury more than a few main characters before we get to the end.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #429 on: June 3, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Even though i knew it was coming, WOW!!!  :o Very awesome and gruesome visual. I had an idea about how i thought the seasonw as going to end, with the character reveal that was at the end of book 3, not sure if we will get that this season now.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 3, 2014, 01:16 PM »
If only they had Bunny from Platoon there to comment about the outcome of the Red Viper's duel with the Mountain....

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 3, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Even though i knew it was coming, WOW!!!  :o Very awesome and gruesome visual. I had an idea about how i thought the seasonw as going to end, with the character reveal that was at the end of book 3, not sure if we will get that this season now.

I was hoping it was going to happen last season, so I'm 99% sure we're going to get it this year.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 6, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Saw this on the Internets.... donate some money and you could have a character named after you and in a very GoT-themed way... murdered.

http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/George-RR-Martin-Wants-Write-You-Game-Thrones-Kill-You-Off-64506.html

Let's just get the next books done, too, please. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 6, 2014, 01:06 PM »
I'm new to the show, but picked up the first two seasons this morning at a garage sale.  Box sets 1 & 2 for $24.  How many seasons are there?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 6, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Fourth one is about to wrap up on HBO now, three that are out on DVD and Blu-ray.

Might be best for you to avoid this thread if you care about spoilers...