Author Topic: Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals  (Read 10206 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals
« Reply #75 on: February 1, 2023, 03:04 PM »
Some of the items look good...a lot were just repaints/rehashes.  I can see why all comments were disabled for the livestream.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 1, 2023, 04:06 PM »
So, if this is true, then does that mean the Original 96 line is dead?

If they kill that without Sim Aloo we riot.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 1, 2023, 04:51 PM »
Sign... is there a preorder date for the Prototype Mando?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 1, 2023, 05:56 PM »
Some of the items look good...a lot were just repaints/rehashes.  I can see why all comments were disabled for the livestream.

There's never anything constructive in the comments.  And I can only think of one instance where Hasbro has engaged with them.  It's just stream of consciousness ****-talking about the livestream.

While I like the idea behind the pipeline reveals, it does take the wind out of your sails when it comes to any kind of surprise.  And was anyone REALLY surprised that there was a Clone Trooper troop builder 4-pack announced?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 1, 2023, 06:27 PM »
I just watched the replay and boy am I underwhelmed.  There is just no creativity and passion with this line anymore. 

I'll pick up the couple of these that are new, but none of these really get me excited to collect, especially when there are so many unmade interesting possibilities.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #80 on: February 1, 2023, 07:19 PM »
One thing I'm interested in is the Mando Starfighter.  I wonder if it will come with a pack-in figure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: February 2, 2023, 10:45 AM »
Rumor has it that Wal-Mart has dropped TVC from their planogram.  Maybe regular retail customers are starting to feel the same way.

Based on the cardbacks shown yesterday, TVC is switching assortment numbers.  Wave 30 (DSII Vader, Bunker Han, Howzer, Weequay) are listed under Assortment F6878 (the previous assortment number is E7763). 

That could be why the TVC has dropped off the Walmart planogram as Walmart moves out the old assortment # and prepares for the new #?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 2, 2023, 11:29 AM »
So, if this is true, then does that mean the Original 96 line is dead? 

That's a very good question.  Store planograms are seasonal.  They might be in effect for only a few months.

The end of preorders signals a potential change for Hasbro.  I suspect that Target and Walmart were not faring well from a sales standpoint because of the overwhelming number of collectors who had taken to only making preorders.  Traffic into stores probably dropped dramatically.  But the reality is that those big chains have far more purchasing power than the EE's, BBTS's, etc of the world.  Hasbro needs to cater to those accounts because of the volume in sales that they represent.

But then you have to look at the Original 96 line in 2022, and the way Walmart handled that last exclusive wave most closely resembled a monkey trying to **** a football.  It wasn't pretty.  I don't know anyone personally who ever found those figures in a store.  Many preorders got canceled.  And now EE is offering that wave and helping to clean up the mess.  AND THEY GOT THE BEST STORMTROOPER HASBRO HAS EVER MADE IN 3.75"!!!

I'm really uncertain about where things are going to go from here.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 2, 2023, 11:42 AM »
And when these big retailers can't even handle pre-orders correctly...  allowing pre-ordering too early and they're sold out by the time they're supposed to drop, or failing to put pre-orders up at the given time, or allowing people to buy up multiples, to repeatedly cancelling orders. 

I don't know.  Sometimes these retailers do it to themselves. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2023, 02:42 PM »
Coming next week - maybe this is where they finally announce the leaked Morgan Elsbeth and HK Droid TVC Figures?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2023, 02:57 PM »
I see Tano Tuesdays coming our way soon!

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2023, 12:22 PM »
Missed the livestream (stupid job :P) but watching the recap now.  Here is link if you want to rewatch.

**moved the Retro Collection and BS6" stuff to the respective areas...

TVC - all mainline items, Pre-Order 8/30 @ 1pm ET:
- Morgan Elsbeth (Ahsoka), HK-87 Assassin Droid (Ahsoka), VC300 General Hera (Ahsoka)

Pipeline reveals:
- TVC basic = Chopper (Ahsoka), Rex (Bad Batch), Darth Vader (ANH), refresh/repack Stormtrooper, refresh/repack R2-D2, refresh/repack X-Wing Luke, all-new ANH Princess Leia.
- TVC DLX =  Jango Fett
- TVC 2-PK = repaint Jedi Revan and repaint HK-47

Jeff's TVC thoughts/comments:
- $28 deluxe Jango Fett that probably re-uses a lot of Fett parts... ::)
- REX from the Bad Batch before any of the other actual Bad Batch members?!? ::)
- ANOTHER Darth Vader based on that Dark Times sculpt... ::)
- refresh/repack Stormtrooper, R2-D2, X-Wing Luke...  I don't mind these, but it makes me wonder if an X-Wing is coming along with Luke/R2?
- repaint Revan / HK-47 - didn't take them long to reuse that new Revan sculpt :P
... that's a lot of repack/refresh/reuse to get all-new Chopper and all-new ANH Leia.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 01:26 PM by Jeff »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2023, 02:13 PM »
I'm pretty excited about the reveals overall. I know it's kind of a bummer that Jango is deluxe, but I'm hoping he comes with the pilot head, regular head, helmet head and both jetpacks. I'd like to one-and-done Jango, and the existing figure we have for him is really showing its age.

Very happy to hear about Leia...so important that we're getting her, and that they acknowledged the MakeTheMains campaign. Let's hope ANH Han and Luke aren't far behind.

I'm so pleased with the DS2 Vader, and the ANH Vader we have is pretty crappy, so with this new ANH Vader I think we can pretty much say we have all the Vaders accounted for. The battle damaged Kenobi Vader will be a good addition, even though he's scene specific...not sure there are any others aside from this except for Anakin-Vader from the duel on Mustafar, but that can be double-dipped with a new ROTS Anakin.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2023, 02:31 PM »
I'm pretty excited about the reveals overall. I know it's kind of a bummer that Jango is deluxe, but I'm hoping he comes with the pilot head, regular head, helmet head and both jetpacks. I'd like to one-and-done Jango

I hope so too... but the pessimist in me expects another double-dip.  One backpack and bonus accessories in the DLX pack and then he'll make his way into the mainline with the other jetpack and less accessories. #ClassicDoubleDip

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2023, 03:41 PM »
Chopper and HK-47 are the only two of these that are interesting to me.  More of the same in general...