Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 145759 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Saga Legends
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2007, 06:03 PM »
There is a seventh "EU Coin" as well.  I think it is only available with the Darktrooper though...

****, now all the coin collectors are gonna buy the DaarkTrooper just for the coin... Leaving none for the people who actually want the figure, like me. Does anyone know if the DT is packed 2x or in multiple cases?

Actually, I won't be buying it, but know someone who will army build them, so I'm gonna buy a coin off him.  ;)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2007, 09:04 PM »
There is a seventh "EU Coin" as well.  I think it is only available with the Darktrooper though...

****, now all the coin collectors are gonna buy the DaarkTrooper just for the coin... Leaving none for the people who actually want the figure, like me. Does anyone know if the DT is packed 2x or in multiple cases?

Yeah, like me.  Although I am usually the one that can not find stuff so....

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2007, 09:06 PM »
I'm hoping Hasbro is smart & ships the "Saga Legends Fan Choice" waves more than the first two. Mainly because they're army builder oriented.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 24, 2007, 03:23 PM »

Hasbro has confirmed three assortments featuring the Darktrooper at one per case.  You can find the exact breakdowns at the following shameless promotion for my employer:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=darktrooper

Currently, we have these pencilled in for June, but as Saga Legends wave 1 isn't out yet, this is of course subject to change.

The Saga Legends assortment is going to be shipping all year long and, like with The Saga Collection, there will undoubtedly be more end-of-the-line remixes well into 2008.   (We're just getting some more late-wave remixes here at EE and according to reports, so are a lot of other stores too.)    So as long as everybody makes a nice big stink about the figures they can't find come Comic-Con, I'm sure Hasbro will adjust their assortments to put out at least a few more.  Even if it takes a few months.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2007, 12:22 PM »
A few more cardbacks posted at RS, if anyone is interested.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2007, 01:45 PM »

Well if that doesn't reinforce my decision not to collect the coins, nothing else will.  Leia Boussh again, so soon?!  3PO with battle droid head?  Blech. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2007, 04:08 PM »

Well if that doesn't reinforce my decision not to collect the coins, nothing else will.  Leia Boussh again, so soon?!  3PO with battle droid head?  Blech. 

You don't have to buy all of them, Brent, just the 1 from each movie and the Darktrooper for the EU coin. Then you're all set!  ;) But, yes, I think we've seen enough of Boussh, 3PO-Battle Droid, and 500th Vader in a short span of time.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2007, 05:43 PM »

You don't have to buy all of them, Brent, just the 1 from each movie and the Darktrooper for the EU coin. Then you're all set!  ;) But, yes, I think we've seen enough of Boussh, 3PO-Battle Droid, and 500th Vader in a short span of time.

Thats pretty much what i am doing, there ar ea few others i want.

On a side note, the card artwork is awesome. They really look great.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Dont even get me started on how upset I am over that chewie and that vader and that boussh being re-released.

Dont even get me started.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2007, 08:26 PM »
There all good figures except Chewie. Should of been EVO Vader & VOTC Leia though.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2007, 09:34 PM »
There all good figures except Chewie. Should of been EVO Vader & VOTC Leia though.

I dont see why Chewie wasnt VOTC! hasbro knows the fig they chose has a history of pegwarming, why not go with the popular VOTC version, it makes absolutely no sense! And VOTC Leia is overdue to be re-released, I dont ever want to see them offer that Early Bird piece of crap ever again in place of the VOTC one I never found.
I dont even know why they put in another Vader, the line has enough. NO MORE VADERS!!!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JON9000

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Saga Legends: VOTC Chewie vs. ROTS Chewie
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2007, 10:50 AM »
It sounds like Hasbro has chosen ROTS Chewie over VOTC Chewie due to fan voting.  This seems really odd to me.  Do people actually like "salon-highlights" Chewbacca more than VOTC, my personal all-time fave?  I don't remember these two actually going head-to-head at any point during the poll.  Maybe it is just me.

Thoughts?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Saga Legends: VOTC Chewie vs. ROTS Chewie
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2007, 11:09 AM »
It was supposed to be the Cloud City Version of Chewie with 3PO in tow, but as you know, that ended up in one of the Repack waves (WV7) of the Saga line. So we're stuck with this.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Yeah, like we've mentioned with other figure examples (Evo Anakin, VOTC Han, etc.), I don't see why they don't just repack the best version if they're doing this anyway.  I think between the ROTS/Greatest Battles/etc. waves, we've gotten enough chances at this Chewie.  I think its a good idea to have a Chewie on the pegs, but I wish they would have considered the VOTC/Early Bird version of Chewbacca.  There's no reason that kids, or collectors, wouldn't want that one.  I know I'd pick up another one or two in that case.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2007, 11:40 AM »
I don't see why they don't just repack the best version if they're doing this anyway. 

Hasbro has said previously that it almost always comes down to which tools are available at which factory.  If you are going to crank out a case of 12 "Saga Legends" figures, then you need to have the 12 tools for those 12 figures all at the same factory. 

Sometimes, they can move a tool from one factory to another, but sometimes there are technical reasons why they can't do that (not compatible, different factory owner, whatever) and so you get stuck with a "lesser" sculpt to make the manufacturing dollars work.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender