Collectibles > 30th Anniversary Collection

Best of 2007

(1/8) > >>

Brian:
Although the last few waves are still trickling out to retail, I thought it might be a good time to cover what some of your favorites were for this year.  I guess I'm sticking mainly to TAC stuff here, although we had the tail end of TSC this year as well.  Although it has been tough to keep up with everything (especially the last few months), to me this has been one of the best years yet for the quality of Star Wars figures.  A lot of good figures/etc., and some long-requested characters.  What are your favorites?

Basic Figures (including Vintage and Legends)
*Entire Vintage Lineup (Hoth Han, Bespin Luke, Snowtrooper, IG-88, Bossk, Endor Leia)
*All McQuarrie Figures
*Galactic Marine
*Mace Windu
*Super Battle Droid
*Death Star Trooper
*Rebel Honor Guard
*Luke Skywalker (mainly for the vaporator)
*Jawa and LIN Droid
*Animated Boba Fett
*Jedi Luke Skywalker
*CZ-4
*Hermi Odle
*Yoda w/Kybuck
*Roron Corobb
*Han w/Torture Rack
*4-LOM
*Romba and Graak
*Tycho Celchu

I could really list the majority of the lineup (which I pretty much have), but there weren't a lot of stinkers this year in my eyes.  I don't personally have either of the last two waves, but there's some more good ones in there as well.

*Saga Legends - AOTC Clone, Shocktrooper, VOTC Fett, Pit Droids, Sandtrooper, Biker Scout, TC-14, R4-I9, RA-7

Comic Packs
*Obi-Wan Kenobi and ARC Trooper
*Luke and Han Stormtrooper Figures (with some headswaps)
*Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker

Exclusives
*Target Order 66 Packs (repacks stink, but kind of a neat/affordable idea)
*McQuarrie Exclusives (price/exclusivity stinks, but figures are nice)
*Target Ultimate Battle Packs (not for everyone, but really a good deal for what you get.  I like Hoth in particular)
*R2-KT
*EE Mando/Elite Forces Packs (good price per figure, and kind of neat sets)

Vehicles
*V-Wing
*TRU Y-Wing Starfighter (one I was missing personally, and came with two pack in figures)
*Darth Vader Sith Starfighter (people are getting repainted starfighter out, but this is a pretty cool ship)

Battle Packs
*Again, Target Ultimate Battle Packs
*WM Treachery on Saleucami BP
*Target Ambush on Ilum BP
*Target ARC 170 BP (due to the new astro)
*Tantive IV (for the Stormies)

Other Lines
*Galactic Heroes - This line continues to impress me, I never thought we'd get this deep into character selection. Really the only "other" line I still actively collect - or can afford.
*The Coins - practically a line all to its own.  I know it has gotten me to buy a few figures that I probably normally would have skipped (especially with the budget crunch lately), because I want to complete that damn album :P.

I'm sure there are some things I'm missing/forgetting, but those are some off the top of my head.  Its been a pretty nice year for Hasbro stuff in general, not to mention some spiffy higher end things that I can't afford :).

Artoo:
Basic Figures:
All Vintage
All McQuarrie
Holiday Fett
Mace Windu
Padme Amidala
Roron Corobb
Pre-Cyborg Grievous
Galactic Marine
Tycho Celchu

Comic Packs:
Luke & Mara
Dark Woman & A'Sharad Hett
Imperial Disguise Luke & Female Rebel

Exclusives:
R2-KT
Madalorian/Clone Pack

Force Guy:
- VOTC Snowtrooper
- McQuarrie Fett
- McQuarrie Snowtrooper
- McQuarrie R2 (not including the Oscar statue he's packaged with)
- CZ-4

Yikes, almost forgot:

- VOTC IG-88

IshiTib:
@sal: i like this idea, these polls would be great

i think i also include some figures, i haven't bought yet :P :

mace windu
galactic marine
jawa lin droid
miyoom onith
umpass stay
elis helrot
roron corrobb
hermi odle
lando calrissian
romba and graak
padme
woolviff mon

the last three and miyoom and umpass are still missing, but next week i'll have the ewoks an miyoom

Darth_Anton:
There were some really choice figures this year. There's a lot of "best of" contenders, but I like to keep things simple:

Vintage: IG-88 hands down
Comic packs: Assassin Droid
Vehicles: V-Wing
Battle Packs: Hoth
McQuarrie: Boba Fett
Basic Figure: Hermi Odle, A-Wing Pilot, Jango Fett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version