Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Concept art and Overall Design  (Read 42590 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Concept art and Overall Design
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Your diagrams alone are just amazing Glassman.  Truly amazing... 

For the buildings/towers - I think I have figured out something that *might* work for some sort of centerpiece to the city area, or for the spaceport... it's a 3 foot tall tower from a different toy line.  I bought it a while ago, and started painting it.  Originally it was intended for just part of my collection, but I am going to try and get it finished very soon and take pics... it is very durable, is going to be in the classic "Imperial gray" and I think will be a great addition to this.  It's nice because it's only about 1 foot in diameter, so won't take up much space but will be tall.

Phruby... if it's ok once we get 100% approval... I hope you don't mind that I am planning on sending all my stuff that I am making to you for this.  It will be a very large shipment.   :-\  Probably the tower, possibly a second tower that Owen is making for me, at least 2-3 vehicles, and anywhere from 10-20 figures.  And of coures some money too to help with your expenses, and hopefully you can ship most of my stuff back later in the summer.   ;D

Right now I'm in a panic trying to get my basement finished, because I have to move my entire Star Wars collection downstairs very soon, and then get the baby room ready (it will be in the old Star Wars room).  I'm sorry that the timing of the first child in my family is going to be right around the time the actual celebration is supposed to take place.

;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2007, 11:09 AM »
Glassman,
As always, you ability to put these concepts together is just amazing.  I really like the idea of having the little inset area where people can walk into to get a better view.  A few questions and/or comments:

Does your current design allow for enough room for people to slide into see the sides as well?  The reason I ask is otherwise there will be a lot of deadspace behind the buildings.

Is the Falcon drawn to scale?  I'm just trying to get a sense of what the scale for 4" action figures would be on this layout.

In the current design, where would be host the fledgling rebels?  

Would it be possible to put a small encampent of rebels in a hidden base somewhere in the Canyon Green Space.  Otherwise, we should have a building with a rebel conclave.

We should consider making some (many) of these buildings with removeable (or removed) ceilings so that we can tell part of our story.

I think it will be imporatant that the building in the front are not too tall and also obscuring the view behind them.

Again GREAT work on this.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Sounds like a plan Greg. Lets get Ryan up and running. Shoot him and email about it and your thoughts on splitting up the dio.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Thanks Chewie for the compliments.

Brent,

If we have a 10x10 booth, and push it to one side, we will have 1' on the side squeeze by.
The falcon should be about right. Its about 2 feet( a little less) long right?   
Rebels, good question.  I guess a camp outside the city walls?  As you suggested.

I totally agree with the roof idea, or a removable face/wall  on the building.

Phruby, will do! 

Do we still get a newsletter?  I think i have received 3 (1 forwarded)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2007, 09:22 PM »
This sat Count on it Glass

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2007, 12:10 AM »

Rebels, good question.  I guess a camp outside the city walls?  As you suggested.

Oh, I was hoping to see Chewie's idea of a raid-in-progress... :'(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2007, 12:22 AM »
I think it might actually make sense to have a small raid, with a hover speeder or something along with a group or troops - and then a small street fight with 3-4 rebels?  We might not even need a Rebel base... especially with how small the diorama is actually going to be relative to where the Rebels would be - how could they keep it a secret?  Unless of course there was a "safe house" in the city.  Maybe some sypathetic Ithorians have a safe house they let the Rebels hide out in.

;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2007, 12:32 AM »
I like the idea of a raid better than a base I think.  I keeps with the spirit of the design and would still be achievable in the context of the space constraints.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2007, 02:32 PM »
I need official confirmation on this because I need to plan my february break! I have one week to myself that I am putting asside for this project so I need to know what to do.  In reference to Glassman's image .Is it safe to say that I can be responsible for the topography of  the green space area and others would be in charge of what goes on it?    or should i pick a corner of the green space and do a canyion that resembles  my submission.     or.... would you like to take my submission, cut it up and do what you want with it. Don't forget I can make rock faces as a transition zone between highlands and lowlands.

Either way I'm going to take glassman's image and sketch my input to see what Y'all think.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2007, 09:06 AM »
yes yes and yes.

Please do sketch over this with your ideas.
COntact ryan, like i did, and pose the question to him.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Hmmm I've been thinking of how we are gonna protect our display, whats to keep kids from reaching in the display?? Should we have an acrylic plastic barier just at the front about a foot high? The kids will still be able to see in, but that way the children wont be able to grab. :P

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2007, 01:53 PM »
If those little ruggrats lay a finger on anything I will bite their freaking heads off!
PS I'm an elementary school teacher.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Wouldn't want to have you as a teacher when I was little :o LOL

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile