Author Topic: Andor (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 12338 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Andor (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #60 on: October 7, 2022, 01:08 PM »
Yeah, I liked the name drops that were supposed to be guests at the dinner.

I must have missed this - what names did they drop?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 7, 2022, 01:10 PM »
Yeah, I liked the name drops that were supposed to be guests at the dinner.

I must have missed this - what names did they drop?

Ars Dangor and Sly Moore.  It's after she learns they're coming that she gets upset.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 7, 2022, 08:16 PM »
The Mothmas: Portait of a Marriage in Distress coming soon to D+!  :D

Perrin seems like a pretty useless schlub at this point, but I think he bears watching.

My understanding is that season one is essentially broken up into 4 “mini movies” that are being handled by different creative teams. So the heist stuff should come to a head in the next episode. The whole thing has kind of a doomed-from-the-start feeling, but it should be entertaining.

As much as I hate seeing more Syril, I have to say his mom was a hoot. Strong Rhea Perlman vibes.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 7, 2022, 09:25 PM »
I'm interested to see what happens with the Mon Mothma story line, and feel this could be a series by itself. 

Now would you have said this in 1983?  Or 2005?  Maybe even 2016?

But I agree.  I think a Mon Mothma centered story would be intriguing.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2022, 10:35 AM »
Yeah, I liked the name drops that were supposed to be guests at the dinner.  Would have been interesting to see how they would look in Andor.

It would also be nice to see Chandrila on the screen, too, but I don't know if there's enough room in the show (current season) for it.

Sly Moore was one of the names that got dropped.  And I haven't really thought about her since ROTS was current!  Although her character has been getting explored in Marvel Comics.  Not just as part of Palpatine's inner circle of advisors, but evidently as Force sensitive individual who serves Darth Sidious.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2022, 11:52 AM »
Wow, good episode!

Kinda weird that they left that one woman behind, wonder if that’s the last we see of her.

Dr Quadpaw!  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2022, 03:47 PM »
So did anyone get the sense that the doctor was based in part on Dennis Muren?

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2022, 05:31 PM »
So did anyone get the sense that the doctor was based in part on Dennis Muren?

He did kind of look like him although I'm not sure if it was intentional or not.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2022, 10:04 AM »
I'm glad to see the heist got all wrapped up after a couple of slower episodes.

I hope we get a little more in to the motivation behind Cassian eventually joining the Rebellion as he still seems like a solo opportunist at this point. I'd also like to see if that bit about him looking for his sister plays in to the larger story.

There are a lot of sub-plots and characters still in play, so I'll be interested to see how it all gets tied up, or if some of them are just let dangling.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2022, 11:06 AM »
I hope we get a little more in to the motivation behind Cassian eventually joining the Rebellion as he still seems like a solo opportunist at this point. I'd also like to see if that bit about him looking for his sister plays in to the larger story.

The easy thing to do would be to tie them together - the empire plays some role in the fate of Cassian's sister and that is what finally puts him in line with the rebellion.  I kind hope it's not that simple, but that'd be the easy story-telling way to go.

I've liked the show so far, but it does kind of feel like it's a bit too long/slow at some points.  Hoping the action ramps up a bit more over the last 6 episodes.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2022, 11:26 AM »
I've liked the show so far, but it does kind of feel like it's a bit too long/slow at some points.  Hoping the action ramps up a bit more over the last 6 episodes.

Yeah, they could have shortened the raid prep episodes by at least 50%.  Learning about everyone's background and all the idle chit chat around the campfire is wasted when nearly everyone ends up dead.  If it doesn't help develop Cassian's character arc it should be cut way back.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2022, 12:56 PM »
I thought they were building up the faces of the rebellion. Not those characters themselves.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2022, 03:47 PM »
I thought they were building up the faces of the rebellion. Not those characters themselves.

I guess, but I think a lot of it could have been cut to speed up the plot.

Ultimately we've seen a lot of characters over the years that were rebels, or didn't like the Empire/First Order and understand their motivations and situations.  I'm not sure it really needs to be characterized any further unless its critical to the immediate plot. 

It wasn't terrible, but I'd like to get as much story per hour so I'd prefer most of the fluff gets minimized.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2022, 07:10 PM »

Yeah, they could have shortened the raid prep episodes by at least 50%.  Learning about everyone's background and all the idle chit chat around the campfire is wasted when nearly everyone ends up dead.  If it doesn't help develop Cassian's character arc it should be cut way back.

I'm finding no issues with the pacing especially with a rewatch. I agree the pace takes it time in episodes 4&5 but all of Cassian's interactions with the team highlight who Cassian is and how experienced he is. It builds a really solid argument for why Rael sought him out to ensure the raid succeeded by making up for shortcomings in the team.

These two arcs set up a pattern of two detailed into episodes followed by a crazy climactic episode.

I'm starting to wonder if Gareth Edwards had a toned down role for Cassian in Rogue One and Tony Gilroy came in and beefed up the role as the guy who will do what it takes to sabotage the empre.
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2022, 07:38 PM »
Yularen?!?!

That’s all I have for now.

Feedback