Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)
« on: May 26, 2022, 02:56 PM »
LFL announcement:
The Mandalorian and Grogu continue their journey in Season 3 of #TheMandalorian, streaming February 2023 only on Disney+
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:30 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 05:27 PM »
The trailer leaked online.  Looks pretty good.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 08:11 PM »
The season three trailer just dropped.  Not a lot to see yet, but I’m excited.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 09:43 AM »
New trailer just dropped with lots of new footage.  Looks pretty sweet. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 12:31 PM »
New trailer just dropped with lots of new footage.  Looks pretty sweet.

I am worried that Hasbro saw that first part of the trailer and started planning Mando repaints galore for 2024 already.....

Kidding aside, there were some things in there that I wasn't really expecting to see - was that maybe a tease of Grogu/Order 66 stuff with that Jedi shot? 

And the Coruscant/Rebel stuff with the X-Wing Pilot guy - is that finally setting up a revamped "rangers of the new republic" type show?

No sign of Boba Fett though... wonder if he will play into all the Mando stuff or not?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 02:59 PM »
No sign of Boba Fett though... wonder if he will play into all the Mando stuff or not?

I sure hope not.  I hope they leave Boba Fett and Fennec out.  Maybe they can be resources that play bit roles like Peli Motto and Greef Karga, but I hope they aren't key characters.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 03:57 PM »
I am worried that Hasbro saw that first part of the trailer and started planning Mando repaints galore for 2024 already.....

Darth Patrick has those wheels spinning already.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 07:00 AM »
Since we see Din Djarin and Grogu on Tatooine, coupled with the Armorer's prophecy, I'm pretty sure we're going to see Boba Fett in some capacity.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 09:12 AM »
I think we have an idea about the general direction of the season.  Both trailers have made it clear that Dr Pershing is going to be released.  Seeing Coruscant in a post ROTJ time is interesting, too, because I don't really have a good idea of how Coruscant plays into the whole New Republic era.  And that shot in the Disney+ version of the trailer with the dismantling of the Star Destroyer was some great eye candy.

Din Djarin has a quest to go on, that much is clear.  And seeing Mandalore in a live action show looks like it's going to be among the high points of the season.  The caves seem to be where Din Djarin might redeem himself in the eyes of the Tribe.  But Bo-Katan considers them a cult, and hold them responsible for the divisions in Mandalorian society that made them vulnerable to the Empire.

I'm wondering about the Mandalorians in the first few shots.  Are they survivors from the Nevarro covert?  Ever since the final episode of the first season I have wondered what happened to them.  It seemed ambiguous.  Were they killed by the Imperial Remnant?  Did they shed their armor and flee?  Was the Armorer telling the truth about their fate?  The series has made it clear that Beskar is extremely valuable, and many in the underworld want it.  Did the Armorer kill them for their Beskar?  I don't think she's completely clear about her intentions.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 12:06 PM »
Since we see Din Djarin and Grogu on Tatooine, coupled with the Armorer's prophecy, I'm pretty sure we're going to see Boba Fett in some capacity.

It could be that there are some adventures that don't lend themselves well to having Grogu there, so maybe Peli is just babysitting again.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2023, 12:07 AM »
I’m just going to say it… Grogu should have stayed with Luke and Mando should be on new dangerous quests without simultaneously babysitting a little green kid. 

Felt to me like they probably were going to have that happen and then changed it so Grogu stayed because they were scared to have the show move forward without the ever so popular Baby Yoda in it. 

Feels like a business decision…

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 12:46 AM »
Grogu should have stayed with Luke

I agree.  My daughter would have hated it, but it would have been nice for him to stay with Luke for a little while, at least.

I get that "Lone Wolf and Cub" is the western/samurai type thing they are going for on this show, but it would have been nice to see a season where Mando and Grogu had to deal with being apart instead of getting back together right away again on someone else's show.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2023, 05:25 PM »
If Mando S3 doesn't start with a 10min montage of the Mando and Grogu side quest in BOBF like how they recapped the prequels in Obi-Wan Kenobi I will be genuinely shocked. There's a lot of information to include for fans who didn't follow the Fett show or gave up after the first few episodes.

As for the story, reversing Grogu's departure so quickly really undermined the emotional stakes they built up. And it seems like Din is trying to rebuild his standing in the clan, even though it was played as an emotional breakthrough for him last season to let go of the dogma and choose his own destiny. I hope the promise of a Filoniverse crossover doesn't derail his apparent character arc.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 06:10 PM by Muftak »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 09:55 PM »
I’m just going to say it… Grogu should have stayed with Luke and Mando should be on new dangerous quests without simultaneously babysitting a little green kid. 

Grogu is the Mandalorian the show is named for.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2023, 12:11 PM »
Grogu and Din Djarin are inextricably linked.  And it's because Jon Favreau drew upon "Lone Wolf & Cub" as a big inspiration for the series.  Din Djarin without Grogu is a very different individual.  And it's the bond between them that has led to their joint development as characters.

It was only because of Grogu that Din Djarin removed his helmet and let others see his face.  That moment was huge.  That episode was called "The Believer".  Initially I thought title referred to   Mayfeld, and his past with the Empire.  But that title is actually about Din Djarin, and his crisis of faith as he chose Grogu over his religion.  I suspect that conflict is going to continue as he has to choose between the Children of the Watch, who Bo-Katan referred to as a cult, and the rest of Mandalorian society.  He does wield the Darksaber, which could potentially unite the Mandalorian clans.  Din Djarin and the Armorer both refer to Grogu as a foundling.  So that introduces a whole other dimension to the story.  I'm excited to see where this goes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 12:12 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback