Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 417963 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2250 on: November 29, 2006, 09:47 AM »
Just rumor at this point, but I read on the ToyNewsI forums that the price in the Wal-Mart computers for the Hasbro Marvel Legends is $9.96.  This is from someone who supposedly works there, so we'll see.  Grain of salt and all that, but we could be heading towards DC Superheroes pricing territory, which I guess isn't surprising.  Really, the ToyBiz Marvel lines, particularly Legends and Icons, have been a pretty decent deal overall since their beginnings.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2251 on: November 29, 2006, 11:10 AM »
I don't remember reading anything on this, but I thought I would share...

I was over at Wikipedia just doing some reading and found that they had a page for Marvel Legends. If you go to their Site you can see a list of the stuff for the Hasbro Series 3.

Astonishing X-Men Cyclops
Danger
Ord
First Apperance Storm
Cosmic Marvel Girl (Rachel)
X3 Colossus
X3 Angel

Here is what they say about the list on the site...

"Hasbro has not yet indicated which other figures will be in wave 3, but a list of characters confirmed to be in either wave 1, 2, or 3 was shown on message boards. After series' 1 and 2 were confirmed, these characters were left."

--------------------

Personally I had no intention of getting any of the X3 figures, but they are making it harder and harder not to.

The link that I provided in the posting is now showing 2 more figures on the list.

Polaris
Madelyne Pryor
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2252 on: November 29, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Hmm, Polaris and Madelyne Prior eh?  Could be interesting....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2253 on: November 29, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Possibly true, but keep in mind that wikipedia can be updated by anyone. 

What I really hope is that Pryor and Polaris take the place of the two X3 figures.  I hate having to buy crap to get a BAF - though this entire wave isn't all that appealing to begin with.  Don't want or need Cyclops or Storm and Danger and Ord I don't really care for (kind of like X-23). 

Of course, that probably means the BAF (if there is one) is going to kick all kinds of ass and rival Giantman as the best one yet.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2254 on: November 30, 2006, 10:24 AM »
Mikey

Did you get your BBTS case yet?  I ordered one as backup in case I found them locally.  Wal-Mart pegs are still stuffed with Sabretooth and Wolverines from the Giant-Man series and Target hasn't put out anything new past Wave 12.  Just wondering if you got variants or not

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2255 on: November 30, 2006, 10:30 AM »
They're scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Scott.  I'm not keeping my hopes up for a variant case, though.  Lessens the disappoint if I get a regular case. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2256 on: November 30, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Well good luck then

BTW, anyone elseuse the Pile of Loot feature over there?  It is wonderful.  Instead of getting 2-3 things a month I get one big package every 6 months or so which lessens the grief w/ the Mrs

I think right now I have FF Wave 2, ML 15, a bunch of Galactic Heroes for my boys.  Then if you don't want the stuff any more or find it retail, you can cancel and get store credit.  Its probably the best shipping feature I've ever seen at a retailer and mucho kudos to them for coming up with it.  I think after some of my Final 22 orders come in, I'll finally ship my loot

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2257 on: November 30, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Nope, no pile of loot for me.  I agree it's a great concept, but having it come over the border doesn't make it quite so useful.  Smaller amounts may bypass customs fees.  Big ass boxes, no freakin' way.   :-\

Still don't know what to do with this series.  Will it be like every other ML series in that it becomes abundant down the road or will it be the last TB series and be underproduced, leading to no end of grief?  I might regret it, but I'm going to wait and see if I can find any in Hawaii (and won't that go over well with the Mrs.) and then order when I get back if I don't find any.  There's a pretty good KB there plus a K-mart that's actually clean and stocked, plus the Walmart.  All that's on Maui and we usually hit up those places at least once.  Not sure what's over on Oahu, lots I'm sure, but I don't really plan on shopping that much over there. 

Stoopid Canada.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2258 on: November 30, 2006, 02:55 PM »
Well good luck then

BTW, anyone elseuse the Pile of Loot feature over there?  It is wonderful.  Instead of getting 2-3 things a month I get one big package every 6 months or so which lessens the grief w/ the Mrs

I think right now I have FF Wave 2, ML 15, a bunch of Galactic Heroes for my boys.  Then if you don't want the stuff any more or find it retail, you can cancel and get store credit.  Its probably the best shipping feature I've ever seen at a retailer and mucho kudos to them for coming up with it.  I think after some of my Final 22 orders come in, I'll finally ship my loot

I hadn't even heard of that...I think I'll need to check it out.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2259 on: December 1, 2006, 01:17 PM »
I stopped by TRU this morning - of all the times to be tight with money (with Christmas shopping and all), but they had the newest Face Off 2 packs.  I considered getting them all, but just picked up the Iron Man vs. Mandarin and the variant of that same set.  I never had an Iron Man in the collection, and it always bugged me, and missed War Machine the first time as well so the variant will be "close enough" on that front I guess.  I was tempted to get another figure or two from ML 15, but put it off for now.  I don't know about your local TRU stores, but ours just has buckets of Marvel Legends on the shelves/pegs right now - 13, 14, and 15.  I was hoping to find the Icons Spidey - but no luck on that front.  They had 2 each of the Face Off sets, 1 regular and 1 variant of each.  I think I got there just in time, as I saw two other guys buying up the others as I was leaving.  Toy Biz sure is throwing things at us fast and furious these last couple months.  I think I'm easily spending more on Marvel than Star Wars at this point, and if it wasn't for the Shuttle at Target, it wouldn't even be close :).

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2260 on: December 1, 2006, 10:05 PM »
I'm not collecting these yet, but I have been looking through their pegs, and I saw the second wave of Face Off figures today. :)

Very much liking Wolverine VS Sabertooth.

I thought that one looked pretty cool, too.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2261 on: December 1, 2006, 11:23 PM »
I saw the Face Off series 2 packs at my local TRU tonight as well. I wanted the Punisher/Jigsaw set, but when I got it in my hands, I thought there was no way I could spend more than $10 on that set.

At any rate, I finished up my Toy Biz Marvel collection tonight. I found Abomination, whom I've been lacking since 13 first showed here, and I found the last two I wanted from 15- the regular versions of Thor Buster IM and Spider-Woman. I also picked up Electro, since I doubt I'll ever get the S6 set.

I only lack two more figures, and I'm on the fence about them- Hobgoblin and Venom from the recent SMC waves. I can get a Goblin easy enough, but I think the ship has sailed on Venom. Ah well.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2262 on: December 2, 2006, 01:11 AM »
Darn you Brian, that variant Iron Man/Mandarin is the one I really want from this set.  Punisher too I suppose but the regulars hold little interest for me.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2263 on: December 2, 2006, 08:28 AM »
Received my case from BBTS.  No variants :'(.  So I'm still on the look out for Destroyer, Genis-Vell and Julia Carpenter Spider-woman.

With that said, if anyone wants some regulars, I have them for sale. $9 each (cost from BBTS and pretty much what TRU is charging before taxZ) plus shipping

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2264 on: December 2, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Is it me, or are there some good variants in the Modok wave and Face Off 2?  I'd really like to get a Destroyer and that Captain Marvel variant.  And I'm liking almost everything in the Face Off 2 variant series.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback