Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 350374 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #615 on: December 18, 2007, 08:54 AM »
IGN has the trailer up for Pixar's next movie, Wall-E.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 19, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Last movie I've seen was Beowulf on IMAX 3-D. The movie is worth it for the 3-D spectacle, but there's not much there for the story.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 21, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Caught I am Legend last night. Well worth seeing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 26, 2007, 06:14 PM »
Saw I Am Legend earlier today. As an adaptation of Matheson's novel, I'd give it a 7/10, as a stand-alone horror flick, I'd give it a 9/10.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 27, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Saw I Am Legend earlier today. As an adaptation of Matheson's novel, I'd give it a 7/10,

They had to change some things because other movies over the years used some of the novel's plot points. :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 28, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Caught No Country for Old Men last night. With the exception of the last 20 minutes, easily one of the best movies of the year and one of the Cohen Brothers finest work, hands down.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 28, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Saw National Treasure 2 earlier today. Decent way to waste two hours.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 28, 2007, 08:49 PM »
I caught I Am Legend last Sunday. Pretty good horror movie, although some parts were kind of random. Why did Neville keep a hand grenade in his lab? Seems a bit excessive. I'll probably dislike the movie after I finish the book.

I plan on seeing Walk Hard and Aliens vs. Predator tomorrow evening, so I hope those are good. Just about any movie is better than the first AvP film.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 28, 2007, 11:29 PM »
Pretty good horror movie, although some parts were kind of random. Why did Neville keep a hand grenade in his lab? Seems a bit excessive. I'll probably dislike the movie after I finish the book.

I agree with you on the grenade, I thought it was stupid that he rifles through a drawer full of antibiotics and pulls out a grenade, it would've made more sense if he had a small weapons locker in the lab. Comparing the film to the book, I think you're bound to dislike it, so do what I did, just forget about the book and know that the director had to make some changes/new direction. When you think of it that way, it's a pretty damn fine film, and I'll definitely be picking it up when it comes out on DVD.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 29, 2007, 01:05 AM »
I saw Walk Hard yesterday. Some parts are very disturbing, unless you like seeing certain parts of the male anatomy (and yes they show it) but it was pretty funny as well.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 30, 2007, 09:28 AM »
Saw Charlie Wilson's War yesterday. Good film, but not great. I have to give points off for it being an Aaron Sorkin flick and not being quite up to part with an Aaron Sorkin flick. Also, talk about history repeating itself.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 30, 2007, 04:25 PM »
Wife and I went to see I am Legend last night and we absolutely loved it.  I've never read the book though so I don't know how the two would compare.

Part of the movie absolutely killed me and my wife was in tears...those of you that have seen it know what I'm talking about.  The hand grenade was kind of goofy, but I had no problem with it...weapons locker would have made more sense though.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #627 on: December 30, 2007, 05:21 PM »
Saw Aliens Vs. Predator and Charlie Wilson's War this weekend. I shouldn't have bothered seeing AvP. Lesson learned.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 30, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Saw Aliens Vs. Predator and Charlie Wilson's War this weekend. I shouldn't have bothered seeing AvP. Lesson learned.

So the new AVP sucked?  I thought I heard it was supposed to be pretty good - in fact it wasn't supposed to have anything to do with the original except for the birth of the Hybrid.

Can anyone tell me anything about Cloverfield?  I saw the trailer with Transformers and it's starting to haunt my tv now...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 30, 2007, 10:56 PM »
Cloverfield, from what I have heard, is just a monster destroying New York City. Pretty simple concept, sort of like Godzilla, I guess. I also read that it was shot with hand-held cameras, so if you're not one for a shaky picture, then the movie might not be for you.

EDIT: I also caught AvP 2 this weekend, and I liked it for what it was. It was entertaining, and definately better than the first movie. Of course, that is like comparing poop to a brownie: the brownie will always be better. The movie was no masterpiece, but it was a good action film.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 11:02 PM by Greg »