Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Commander Praji  (Read 16615 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Commander Praji
« Reply #30 on: December 6, 2007, 10:00 AM »
It is good to see wait list orders being activiated.  Unfortunately for me, I'm probably pretty far down the list since I didn't even hear about the figure until about a day after it was released.

Unless you're a conspiracy theorist and think that they produce enough additional figures to take care of people on the wait list.  The factories usually run batches of product in set increments.  They never release the production counts of the non limited figures, so if batches can be made in groups of 200 let's say, then they can set up the initial run for 600 figs.  If they get another 200 wait listers, they can just up the production to 800, with mostly guaranteed sales.  I find it a little odd that they always sell out so quickly, then seem to fill so many wait listers.  Are that many initial buyers not able to purchase or cancelling their orders?  Seems a little unlikely to me.

I'd like to know if anyone who signed up for a wait list didn't get their figure...I've been on three wait lists so far and was able to get all three items, but maybe I've just been lucky.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #31 on: December 6, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I have been on non-stars waitlists and not got the item.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 04:10 AM »
I just cancelled my order...  I figure this is one that might be found later for cheap, so I'm passing...  The figure's obscurity is neat, but not $60 neat.  I need to curtail random spending on stuff like this, so I just pulled the trigger and called off my order. :(  I'm sad, but this is the kind of thing that I just need to accept that I don't really need/want it that badly.

Had it been a Death Star Trooper or Fleet Trooper or something, I'd have held out, or even a recognizeable officer like Veers even.  Praji's just too obscure for me to buy at full price I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2008, 06:47 AM »
I just cancelled my order...  I figure this is one that might be found later for cheap, so I'm passing...  The figure's obscurity is neat, but not $60 neat. 

I was completing checkout yesterday for the waitlist and had exactly the same thoughts and didn't complete the order.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I cancelled mine 20 minutes after it went up when it came out. LoL.

This will be the one we find for $25 ...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 03:44 PM »
I just got my 15 day notice.  However, I'm thinking about canceling this one and trying to pick it up cheaper at a later date.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2008, 01:30 PM »
That's not a bad idea, guys- eBay gets some very common SSC figures for cheap.  The awesome Bib Fortuna can be had for as low as $35 or so on there, and I recently got the Bespin Luke for $50 shipped!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Well, I guess that's 3-4 of them cancelled.  I'm keeping mine.  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 05:48 PM »
The awesome Bib Fortuna can be had for as low as $35 or so on there...

I just scored the Exclusive Edition Bib Fortuna for $43 shipped. It'll be my first Star Wars figure from Sideshow. I got outbid on the Exclusive Leia as Boush (it sold for a whopping $81 shipped!) and the Exclusive Salacious Crumb figure pack ($36 shipped). Now am back in the hunt for Leia and Salacious, and I have to find a decent price on the Exclusive Jabba and Throne...  :-X

Scratch that... picked up the Exclusive Boushh for $40.83... and I've got Sideshow's VERY LAST Jabba + Throne set aside for tomorrow.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:20 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 10:11 PM »
I'm only "kinda" interested in Praji, right now. Hard to get excited when he doesn't really have anyone to interact with, no stormtroopers, no Vader, etc.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:19 AM by Angry Ewok »