Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113138 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #390 on: November 23, 2012, 10:47 PM »
@Nicklab you can check that War Machine out a little here:  http://www.blackactionfigure.com/?p=151

also, I didn't see, nor have I heard of anyone finding the Thor movie wave 3 or Wave 4 specific figures in these value packs - i.e. Sif, King Loki, Laufey.

the Warriors 3 and grey Destroyer dont count because they were carry forward figures from wave 2

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 24, 2012, 07:29 PM »
@Nicklab you can check that War Machine out a little here:  http://www.blackactionfigure.com/?p=151

Interesting.  So I gather it's a comic series figure based on the armor design.  I thought that there had been no-helmet movie versions of both Iron Man and War Machine in the works for the figure line, but I guess not.

I only hit a single WalMart yesterday.  I can't abide dealing with Black Friday crowds.  And I barely saw any of the value 8-packs during that single store visit.

Looking forward, I'm really interested to see what Hasbro has in store for the Iron Man 3 figure line.  Based on the trailers it looks like the number or armors in Tony's arsenal is going to increase dramatically.  I guess we'll see at Toy Fair since the new movie is due in May 2013.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:32 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 24, 2012, 09:35 PM »
For those stores that still have the 8-packs, does anyone know if these are SALE priced at $25 or will the price up?  I wasn't able to get to a Wal-Mart this weekend, but really want one of those Marvel sets.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 24, 2012, 09:56 PM »
@JediJman, I am thinking this is the regular price.  I am only saying this because I got my set on Wednesday and it was $25 then.  If it was just a sale price, then I would figure WM would treat this set like TRU did their vehicle 2 packs - $40 first, $20 for sale, I am presuming $40 tomorrow.

@Nicklab there were movie, no-helmet movie versions of both Iron Man and War Machine in the works, check out the set that never made it to retail:  http://www.onepercase.net/2012/06/cancelled-iron-man-2-unmasked-stark.html

you can nab War Machine all over ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=unmask+war+machine&_sacat=0&_from=R40

These versions of Stark and Widow have, for the most part, been no shows.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 24, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Ah, yes!  Now I remember these.  Looks like someone in the factory got a hold of some molds and decided to make their own.  I'm kind of surprised that Tunghori didn't get in on the action.

I'm guessing that since Target had that exclusive pack with Iron Man Mk V, Whiplash with lightning effects & the Naval Hammer Drone sitting around that they weren't keen to bite on this other exclusive.  But the Iron Man Mk V armor was EVERYWHERE, and the line as a whole didn't sell as well as Hasbro had probably hoped.  And I think that probably trumped the potential appeal of that Black Widow figure as well as the no helmet Iron Man and War Machine.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 10, 2013, 01:54 PM »
I picked up a bunch of armor repaints at Five Below today.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2013, 10:29 AM »
I just saw a bunch of stuff at 5 Below that I'd never seen also.  A couple of the armors were kind of cool...never knew they existed.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2013, 04:12 PM »
I just saw a bunch of stuff at 5 Below that I'd never seen also.  A couple of the armors were kind of cool...never knew they existed.

E...

Were they the Iron Man 2 line or the follow up "Armored Avenger" line that featured the Concept Hammer Drone? That's the one figure I wish I could still get since it closely resembles the armor Whiplash wears at the end of the movie.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2013, 04:15 PM »
In my case, they had both lines.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2013, 04:19 PM »
In my case, they had both lines.

Nice - thanks! Going to have to check a couple Five Below stores on the way home tonight! :D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2013, 12:27 AM »

E...

Were they the Iron Man 2 line or the follow up "Armored Avenger" line that featured the Concept Hammer Drone? That's the one figure I wish I could still get since it closely resembles the armor Whiplash wears at the end of the movie.

Oh.  I have no idea.  The packaging looked similar to the IM2 stuff and in one of the stores I found two of the Hammer Drones, green and silver (Forget actual designations), along with all these other IM armors I'd never seen before.

I found the concept armor Hammer Drone one time at TJ Maxx quite a while back but the other IM figures with him weren't what I was seeing over the weekend.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"