Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140840 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2013, 07:01 PM »
I found a relatively cheap 3&3/4" Radagast from an overseas seller and bought it. He arrived today, another great effort and really bittersweet because it only reminds me of everything we are still missing. I still can't find an Azog but hopefully soon.

Still waiting on Invisible Bilbo to arrive too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 28, 2013, 10:33 PM »
Picked up a Fimbul/Warg 2-pack for $10 at TRU tonight...can't have too many Wargs. They are not advertising a 50% off sale but everything was half off, even the new stuff.

I also got a 6" Azog just for the hell of it because he is pretty cool and for $8 why not?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Looking over the 6" Hobbit line, I've got to say that I'm a little disappointed.  After all, the ONLY Dwarf they've produced is Thorin.  REALLY?!?!  The movies have really started to get you invested in the company of Dwarves, and you only make Thorin so far?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2013, 08:38 PM »
I saw these for the first time at a Walmart today on some random endcap for $7.88 each...I was stunned. If they'd been any cheaper I might have picked up a few more goblins. Will definitely keep an eye out to see if they hit clearance.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2014, 06:08 PM »
All Hobbit stuff is 50% off at TRU...I picked up the latest 5 pack for $15

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2014, 02:50 PM »
I finally tracked down a 3&3/4" Azog from an overseas seller, pricey but glad to be done with this line for the time being. Curious if we will see or hear anything at all at toy fair.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2014, 05:41 PM »
I finally tracked down a 3&3/4" Azog from an overseas seller, pricey but glad to be done with this line for the time being. Curious if we will see or hear anything at all at toy fair.

I need 3 3/4 Radagast

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2014, 12:00 PM »
I got 4" Azog, Radagast, and Invisible Bilbo in the mail from the UK last week. Azog is a great looking figure, and it's a real shame it didn't get released with the white Warg as originally shown at Toy Fair last year.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 6, 2014, 09:52 PM »
I got 4" Azog, Radagast, and Invisible Bilbo in the mail from the UK last week. Azog is a great looking figure, and it's a real shame it didn't get released with the white Warg as originally shown at Toy Fair last year.

Oh man, I just got my 4" Azog from the UK today, and I couldn't agree more! He is superb!

I'm still holding out hope that at least the rest of the dwarves get produced one day, even if only overseas. Beorn, the Bard, and Smaug would be icing on the cake, but highly unlikely it would seem.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 7, 2014, 10:51 AM »
I got my Azog and Radagast recently too, very top notch stuff here, very impressed. It's a damn shame they don't seem to be doing well because they really are one of the nicer looking lines in this scale. I can just imagine what we might have been able to get if it had taken off, a LOTR spin off line would have been fantastic. Hopefully we get some halfway decent news from Toyfair about the fate of the dwarves, not terribly optimistic, but I will hope for the best.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 16, 2014, 07:59 PM »
My head literally exploded today over the news about Beorn, The Bard, and Smaug! The fact that they showed off the dwarves again still gives me hope they will find a way to get them out.

My excitement for this line has been re-stoked!

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 16, 2014, 08:17 PM »
I read over at the fwoosh that TBD is trying to get the dwarves as a specialty shop exclusive. Maybe BBTS will pick them up or something. Fingers crossed.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2014, 10:18 AM »
Was there a presence for this line at Toy Fair?  I haven't seen any pics or news, but was hoping there was still potential for some new releases this year, in some form or another.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Here you go Brian: http://news.toyark.com/2014/02/17/toy-fair-2014-bridge-direct-hobbit-118442

I think the Smaug box, Beorn, and Bard are the only new products. From what I read on other sites, Bridge Direct is trying to get Smaug and the remainder of the Dwarves out through "specialty" retail, which I guess means online and such. Hopefully some retailers are willing to carry the line.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 13, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Local TRU has a bunch of stuff from this line half off on clearance, I think everything except the Goblin King. Anything worth picking up?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks