Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259957 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #375 on: August 3, 2011, 11:21 PM »
Apparently there's a 20% off coupon out there for TRU if you "like" them on Facebook.....just in time for the SDCC stuff.

Thanks for the heads up!

does it have a set expiration date, or is it something like 2 weeks after you "like" them?

The one I just printed runs from 7/25 through 8/14 - like iFett said - hopefully with enough time so I can use it to score 20% off of one of the Force Unleashed sets I want to grab!  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #376 on: August 4, 2011, 12:24 AM »
Apparently there's a 20% off coupon out there for TRU if you "like" them on Facebook.....just in time for the SDCC stuff.

Thanks for the heads up!

does it have a set expiration date, or is it something like 2 weeks after you "like" them?

The one I just printed runs from 7/25 through 8/14 - like iFett said - hopefully with enough time so I can use it to score 20% off of one of the Force Unleashed sets I want to grab!  ;D

It's 20 percent on one item though, right? That's why I gotta find a vintage boxed BAT-AT now.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 4, 2011, 01:06 AM »
It's 20 percent on one item though, right? That's why I gotta find a vintage boxed BAT-AT now.

Correct, one item.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 6, 2011, 03:53 PM »
I got an e-mail from Toys R Us this morning that if you spend $50 from 8/7-8/13 you'll get $10 in rewards mailed to you.

It says it's a special offer for "Select Rewards R Us Members" - so your mileage may vary I guess...

Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 6, 2011, 07:42 PM »
I got an e-mail from Toys R Us this morning that if you spend $50 from 8/7-8/13 you'll get $10 in rewards mailed to you.

It says it's a special offer for "Select Rewards R Us Members" - so your mileage may vary I guess...

Is it only in store or online as well?  Do you need a coupon?  Thanks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 6, 2011, 08:07 PM »

It is in-store purchases only.

Here is the exact wording:

From August 7-13, you will get FREE $10 Geoffery Bucks with your in-store toy purchase of $50 or more at Toys R Us. Offer valid on combined purchases made between 8/7-8/13. Your FREE $10 Geoffery Bucks will be emailed to you.

So I think all you need to do is make the $50 in purchases during next week and make sure that you have them scan your Rewards R Us card.

And here's the disclaimer, which is pretty standard with their Rewards R Us program...

*$10 Geoffrey Bucks can be earned from combined eligible purchases made in store between 8/7-8/13/11. Only one $10 Geoffrey Bucks can be earned per eligible RewardsRUs member. Eligible purchases of $50 or more exclude baby food, diapers, formula, wipes, Ameda, Baby Brezza, Baby Jogger, BOB, Britax, Bugaboo, Cybex, ERGObaby, Mamas & Papas, Motherhood Maternity, Nap Nanny, Pediped, Peg Perego, Phil & Teds, Robeez, Tommee Tippee, Under Armour, electronic learning toys, netbooks, tablets, video game hardware, video games, Apple products, FAO products, Robot Galaxy, Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards, photo studios, phone orders, Special Orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. Geoffrey Bucks will be emailed to you on or about 8/17/11 and are valid through 8/24/11 at Toys''R''Us. Certain restrictions apply.
Peter

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #381 on: August 6, 2011, 10:50 PM »

It is in-store purchases only.

Here is the exact wording:

From August 7-13, you will get FREE $10 Geoffery Bucks with your in-store toy purchase of $50 or more at Toys R Us. Offer valid on combined purchases made between 8/7-8/13. Your FREE $10 Geoffery Bucks will be emailed to you.

So I think all you need to do is make the $50 in purchases during next week and make sure that you have them scan your Rewards R Us card.

And here's the disclaimer, which is pretty standard with their Rewards R Us program...

*$10 Geoffrey Bucks can be earned from combined eligible purchases made in store between 8/7-8/13/11. Only one $10 Geoffrey Bucks can be earned per eligible RewardsRUs member. Eligible purchases of $50 or more exclude baby food, diapers, formula, wipes, Ameda, Baby Brezza, Baby Jogger, BOB, Britax, Bugaboo, Cybex, ERGObaby, Mamas & Papas, Motherhood Maternity, Nap Nanny, Pediped, Peg Perego, Phil & Teds, Robeez, Tommee Tippee, Under Armour, electronic learning toys, netbooks, tablets, video game hardware, video games, Apple products, FAO products, Robot Galaxy, Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards, photo studios, phone orders, Special Orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. Geoffrey Bucks will be emailed to you on or about 8/17/11 and are valid through 8/24/11 at Toys''R''Us. Certain restrictions apply.

And, yet again, I don't get an email, despite spending an inordinate amount of money at that store. It is a train wreck. Their loss.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 7, 2011, 08:42 AM »
And here I bought the TFU set yesterday and and the Marvel Sentinel.  Oh well, I used a 20% off Facebook coupon on each - so I saved $18.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 7, 2011, 11:44 AM »
And here I bought the TFU set yesterday and and the Marvel Sentinel.  Oh well, I used a 20% off Facebook coupon on each - so I saved $18.

How did you get two?  Also, did you have to ring them up separately?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 7, 2011, 11:50 AM »
TRU also has a deal on SW basic figures this week (Commander Blackout is exempted).  It's Buy Two for $10.99.  That deal applies to The Vintage Collection, Clone Wars and Saga Legends (along with other Hasbro properties).  And in the case of TVC it's essentially a BOGO deal.  I scored another Cloud Car Pilot & AT-AT Commander to fill the ranks at this price.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 7, 2011, 05:18 PM »
Wonder if that includes the Times Square tru? It might be worth checking out.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 7, 2011, 10:15 PM »
To answer my own question: Yes. And I went down there and they adjusted the price of my Wave 7 figures! I am quite a happy camper now.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #387 on: August 7, 2011, 10:17 PM »
TRU also has a deal on SW basic figures this week (Commander Blackout is exempted).  It's Buy Two for $10.99.  That deal applies to The Vintage Collection, Clone Wars and Saga Legends (along with other Hasbro properties).  And in the case of TVC it's essentially a BOGO deal.  I scored another Cloud Car Pilot & AT-AT Commander to fill the ranks at this price.

Weird that TRU.com doesn't honor the 2 for $10.99 price but (some) stores do.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 8, 2011, 09:59 AM »

Wow...I actually got that one.  Put me in the camp of never getting **** from TRU emailed to me.

Justin - you can print up to 3 of the TRU FB coupons.  I didn't go there, but apparently you can do this.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 8, 2011, 05:13 PM »

How did you get two?  Also, did you have to ring them up separately?

yeah - I got two from each FB account (my wife and my own).  Yes I rang them up separately.