Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476635 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - 8 new customs 6.27.06
« Reply #2475 on: June 27, 2006, 09:47 AM »
nice update CHEWIE. are you off customizing hiatus, or did you just manage to sqeeze these into your work schedule?

- the kashyyk troops look good, i'd really like to see a shot of all of them together.

- the 3 pesants are great. they will definetley be some good back ground fillers and will look good in any dio.

- imperial and slave. good idea with the polis massan, that body looks awsome.

- i really like rykoffs peasant disguise. the weathering on his shirt is very cool, it almost looks like he's wet from sweat or somthing. very cool!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: June 27, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Chewie - great update.  You just kill me.  You are the only person I know that can crank out 8 great customs when he's taking a break  ;)  I, for one, am glad you caught the bug again.

BANDIN, DILFERDEE and RALLEN - what a great mixture of XD/BBI and SW parts.  I think these are great background characters.  I really need to make more of these.  I bought a couple of extra Saga2 Lukes and now I know how I can use them.

KAFRIN - This one looks awesome.  As you know from my current projects, I'm looking at all these Hutt type security guards.  I think this would make a fine addition to any Hutt's Court.  I can see him in the Badoo Corba.

Rykrof - looks great.  You pretty much put a Rykrof head on every new figure that comes out, don't you :)  Anyway, this is great concept.  However, I agree with Glassman - its tough to look like peasant when you are packing that much heat!  I'm surprised how well it looks like the Endor Soldier's arms fit into the Luke torso.  I'd love to know how much jerry-rigging you have to do when you put these together.  It seems whenever I try a parts swap its never very straight forward.

MOFF TALYCIN and POLIS MASAN SLAVE - these are my favorite of the group.  I think that BBI head works really well on the tall frame of Veers.  Nice use of the cloak too.  This is also a great use of the Polis body.  What a great concept.  Well executed.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: June 27, 2006, 10:44 AM »
So that's where all the SAGA2 Lukes in St. Louis went :P, just kidding ;).
Anyway, great update,
KASHYYYK SCOUTS (11-15)- Good work, the recipient will be very happy, I hope my commission job turns out this well:P.

BANDIN, DILFERDEE and RALLEN- These are fantastic, the new colors on the tunics look fantastic.  Where are the legs on the middle one from?  They look great.

KAFRIN- Really a great job, I am amazed at how well the parts mesh, fantastic work.

MCC entries- Great work, the imp looks fantastic with the cloak, and the head works really well.  To me though, the slave looks more like a scientist, I think it's the heavy cloak.  Nice work still.

RYKROF ENLOE- Very cool, I could see him wandering around incognito in some little outskirts town.  Nice work!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2478 on: June 27, 2006, 10:55 AM »
Great job Justin,

41st Scouts. As the other ones you have done, they look great.

The 3 peasents look really really good dude, they really do look raggedy

Kifrin: OMG I just pissed my pants, that is one scary guy. Thats how Jabbas guards should have been.

Rykrof, again. JK Looks good, thats agreat disguise for him. I assume hes going to be hanging with the other peasants??

The MCC. The Guy looks good, nice and simple. The Massan, I never would have though of using as a slave. Great Job, it looks really good.

Adam

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: June 27, 2006, 06:45 PM »
Thanks my friends.  It felt great to get a few customs updated.

I'm still on what I consider a customizing hiatus, but was able to get these done thankfully.  Maybe a figure or so each week for a while, which for me is still a slow down.

The guy in the middle of the peasant group has legs from the OTC Skiff Lando.

For Rykrof, that will be for an upcoming photonovel (as usual), but I don't want to give that away just yet as to why he is in that outfit.

On the Polis Masan, my idea is that he serves his master on a Star Destroyer or on an Imperial base, and has some Imperial administered scrubs on, hence the Imperial gray.  So he's not in the conditions that a normal slave (like on Tatooine) might be used to.  Or at least in my world.

:)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: June 27, 2006, 07:27 PM »
I have to say I like the Imperal officer, and I'll tell you why. That cape and that smug expression on his face make him look like a completely self important prick. Just like an imperial officer should be. ;D The fact that he has an alien for a slave makes him appear even more so. Simplicity in action almost perfect

The Polis Massan slave looks really good too. I like the scrubs. the Rodian body works well with him. Its a shame that hes indentured to such a prick. :P Great job on those.

But the gem of these is the Nikto henchman. That is a beautiful mesh of parts. He looks badazz. Definately not someone I want to meet up with on a bad day.

Id love to be the lucky bastard to have those Scouts though.  >:(I dont know how you managed to get them all perfectly identical. My hats off to you.

the paintjobs on the pesants are all very well done. I look forward to seeing them in the PN.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: June 27, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Hey Chewie I love this latest update! I think it's cool how you used mostly lukes for the peasents and parts that you didn't use were used in other customs in this same group... f that makes since lol.

So, nice peasents and you can hardly tell they are all mostly SGA2 luke. Rykrof looks good too. He'd look great hanging out with the other peasents. That Nikito is really scary lol. Ennis said he wouldn't want to meat the henchman on a bad day. Psh I wouldn't want to meat him on a GOOD day :P At first I thought the Polis Masan looked a little tall and fat for his species, but now it's growing on me. His owner was well done too. Could fit in with the other Hasbro imps any day. And finally, you've got insane endurence to be able to finish 15 of those scouts. Good luck on the last 5!
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: June 28, 2006, 02:35 AM »
I like the troopers a lot. You have done a great job on those! I enjoy seeing your work almost daily. It's a great inspiration! I was making customs pre-ep1 and have seen many persons customs develop over the years, yours are right up in a class that many would like to achieve. That being said, I don't get to comment on everyone's customs as much as I would like to, or should ::)

There are many more people making molds, sculpting and painting with an artistic edge to them more then ever. Hasbro and the other 3 3/4" toy manfactures are making better base figures to work with so I can only see customs getting better and better.

So keep it up and raise the bar to new heights :D

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2483 on: June 28, 2006, 05:22 AM »
the peasants look good, especially the one with the 21st Sahara head, i'd have thought the head would have been to big but i thinks it fits well

"Wars don't make one great"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: June 30, 2006, 12:24 AM »
Thank you as always my friends for all the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Working on more PN stuff, so here's a preview of one.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS
« Reply #2485 on: June 30, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Ha!  Don't even tell me a coupla firespeeder pilots were called in to defuse a power droid rigged with an explosive device?

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #2486 on: June 30, 2006, 12:46 AM »
an explosive device set to blow up the target of the hit that the latest re pn left nameless. on naboo it looks. thats input.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: June 30, 2006, 03:11 AM »
I won't reveal what's happenning next in the overall story, but be ready for #4 to be up in a day or two, and #5 within two weeks.  Also The long awaited #22 before the end of July.

Here's another preview.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: June 30, 2006, 04:57 AM »
I'm pretty excited about the new www.yakface.com forums starting up.  I was able to access the old ones that ended about 5 years ago and found one of my first posts about customizing... in fact here's the whole topic.  You'll probably recognize a few names from back in the day.  Cool seeing two current JD members in this.

CHEWIE
Master of The Force
(5/16/01 10:52 am)
Reply | Edit   Do you customize?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 How many of you customize figures? I do very often, and have about 100 customs done, varying from simple repaints to a little sculpting.

How many of you have never customized a figure?

Gatillo
Jedi Knight
(5/16/01 11:01 am)
Reply   Re: Do you customize?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I customize a lot. My new projects is called the Gang of the Sith Lords. So far I have a Ponda Baba, Garindan, Dr. Evanzer (spelling), Luke and Han sith lords. They all have their own different shaped lightsabers too. Thanks in part to TRUs high stock of Mauls.
Gatillo

LandotheScoundrel
Padawan
(5/16/01 12:29 pm)
Reply   Re: YES I DO
 There's several custom jobs I'd like to do...

*Lobot (fix pose)
*Final Duel Luke (standing straight)
*Death star trooper (fix pose)
*alien senators

Basically, I'm just waiting to see if Hasbro does them before I go ahead and do them myself.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:24 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: June 30, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Wow that takes me back.  I remember some of those old threads from way back when.  Then again I still remember when Rebelscum had that redirect script with lando and what appeared to ba some type of dumpster.  Does anybody remember that?  Was I freebasing super glue or did that actually happen? 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!